What is a Virtual Machine?
I have recently started trying to learn Visual Basic and I came across the .NET Framework (I've heard it lots of times before though). The definitions I have found state that a framework is like a skeleton on which programs are run on (which still confuses me), and that a framework is something like a Virtual Machine, independent on the OS.
I feel like I should be able to grasp what a framework is before I move on with my studies/trials, so I came here for some clarity.
Can someone explain like, what a Virtual Machine is, without requiring some special background knowledge?
Thanks in advance.
I feel like I should be able to grasp what a framework is before I move on with my studies/trials, so I came here for some clarity.
Can someone explain like, what a Virtual Machine is, without requiring some special background knowledge?
Thanks in advance.
