Whats the file you edit to change the port? halp pls ;-;
Originally Posted by privateserverleecher
Whats the file you edit to change the port? halp pls ;-;
There should be no reason to change the port. I believe changing the port also causes an error. Just change skypes port in skype connection settings, or change apaches port if using xampp using like notepad++ change Listen:80 to Listen:New# (open apache folder in xampp folder and open http.config or something like that, I forgot what it was called, I just remember seeing ossi say it in a comment)
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
There should be no reason to change the port. I believe changing the port also causes an error. Just change skypes port in skype connection settings, or change apaches port if using xampp using like notepad++ change Listen:80 to Listen:New# (open apache folder in xampp folder and open http.config or something like that, I forgot what it was called, I just remember seeing ossi say it in a comment)
Did he also mention that some internet service providers don't allow the port forwarding of port 80?
There is no need to change the port of apache or the client. When you're running the server, the only thing that has to be open in xampp is MySQL, apache shouldn't be running.
Originally Posted by privateserverleecher
Did he also mention that some internet service providers don't allow the port forwarding of port 80?
No. Because no one has encountered that problem. You don't even have to port forward though.
- - - Updated - - -
Originally Posted by IDontLoveYou
There is no need to change the port of apache or the client. When you're running the server, the only thing that has to be open in xampp is MySQL, apache shouldn't be running.
Apache has to be open to get into the database, it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
No. Because no one has encountered that problem. You don't even have to port forward though.
- - - Updated - - -
Apache has to be open to get into the database, it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
Complete bullshit.
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
There should be no reason to change the port. I believe changing the port also causes an error. Just change skypes port in skype connection settings, or change apaches port if using xampp using like notepad++ change Listen:80 to Listen:New# (open apache folder in xampp folder and open http.config or something like that, I forgot what it was called, I just remember seeing ossi say it in a comment)
Explain how changing the port causes an error.
Originally Posted by privateserverleecher
Whats the file you edit to change the port? halp pls ;-;
server.cfg for the account server (server.exe) and wserver.cfg for the game server (wserver.exe)
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
Apache has to be open to get into the database, it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
Bullshit, change the port from apache and u r done, I have 3 servers running on my pc
1. RotMG Server for testing (Port 80)
2. Jenkins (Port 8080)
3. Apache (Port 8888)
Originally Posted by ossimc82
Bullshit, change the port from apache and u r done, I have 3 servers running on my pc
1. RotMG Server for testing (Port 80)
2. Jenkins (Port 8080)
3. Apache (Port 8888)
Wanna tell me where u put the port in the files? c:
- - - Updated - - -
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
No. Because no one has encountered that problem. You don't even have to port forward though.
- - - Updated - - -
Apache has to be open to get into the database, it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
Just because no one has encountered the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Originally Posted by privateserverleecher
Wanna tell me where u put the port in the files? c:
- - - Updated - - -
Just because no one has encountered the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
server.cfg
Originally Posted by sacredmike
server.cfg
Maybe you should read the title of the thread before you post in it.
Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza
Complete bullshit.
Explain how changing the port causes an error.
server.cfg for the account server (server.exe) and wserver.cfg for the game server (wserver.exe)
1) How is it complete bullshit? Apache has to be fucking running to connect to xampp.
2) Idk but people have said changing servers port gave them an error, port 80 shouldnt be a problem for anyone anyways.
- - - Updated - - -
Originally Posted by ossimc82
Bullshit, change the port from apache and u r done, I have 3 servers running on my pc
1. RotMG Server for testing (Port 80)
2. Jenkins (Port 8080)
3. Apache (Port 8888)
And ok.. Never said you can't change apaches port. I changed my apache port to 8080 so I can get to xampp db while server is running.
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
Apache has to be open to get into the database, it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
1) How is it complete bullshit? Apache has to be fucking running to connect to xampp.
That is wrong. Get heidisql or something of the equivalent and you can just as equally connect without Apache running. Also you don't connect to xampp with Apache... xampp is a program that can run the process Apache for you to connect to phpmyadmin but like I said before, you don't need it running. Either change the port or get heidisql or something of the equivalent
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
And ok.. Never said you can't change apaches port. I changed my apache port to 8080 so I can get to xampp db while server is running.
Originally Posted by Leecher9000
it's annoying having to close server.exe just to open db to rank someone or something.
These few words are telling me that you didnt changed the port at this time :P #r3kt
Originally Posted by ossimc82
These few words are telling me that you didnt changed the port at this time :P #r3kt
I changed it a few days ago actually lol i think u actually were the one who replied to me when i asked how to change the port like 3 days ago or something u told me to open up apache folder and edit 'listen:80' in notepad.