QuestionMicrosoft Visual Studio 2010

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Im coding for dll hack but when i try Building solution he give me that...
Code:
 60 warning C4945: 'ExtensionAttribute' : cannot import symbol from 'c:\program files (x86)\reference assemblies\microsoft\framework\.netframework\v4.0\system.core.dll': as 'System::Runtime::CompilerServices::ExtensionAttribute' has already been imported from another assembly
Please help any one i need make hacks and im newbie in c++
It's a warning, not an error.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but ANOTHER C++ noob who's trying to make a hack?

FFS, get proficient at your language FIRST, THEN try to make a hack.

You don't go from making Hello Worlds to hacks in a day, a week, or even a month.

Sorry buddy.
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but ANOTHER C++ noob who's trying to make a hack?

FFS, get proficient at your language FIRST, THEN try to make a hack.

You don't go from making Hello Worlds to hacks in a day, a week, or even a month.

Sorry buddy.
Took me < 1 month.
Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

Took me < 1 month.
Following tuts while you're writing it and copy pasting doesn't count either.

Takes you less than a month to get a thorough knowledge of C++, Windows Memory Management, Windows API, and DirectX?

I'd rather repeatedly punch myself in the nutsack than believe that.


Following somebody's tuts and making your small mods doesn't count, and it's probably something OP is trying to do as well, if he is bad enough to not even know how to look up a compiler message and try figuring it out for himself.
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Following tuts while you're writing it and copy pasting doesn't count either.

Takes you less than a month to get a thorough knowledge of C++, Windows Memory Management, Windows API, and DirectX?

I'd rather repeatedly punch myself in the nutsack than believe that.


Following somebody's tuts and making your small mods doesn't count, and it's probably something OP is trying to do as well, if he is bad enough to not even know how to look up a compiler message and try figuring it out for himself.
Have been programming in windows environment with C++ for 6 months now (not 24/7, tho) and I still don't OBVIOUSLY know all of the WinAPI, not to mention the Native API or DirectX.
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
Following tuts while you're writing it and copy pasting doesn't count either.
Did I say I C&P'd? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
Takes you less than a month to get a thorough knowledge of C++, Windows Memory Management, Windows API, and DirectX?
DirectX, Windows Memory Management, Windows API doesn't count as part of C++. They are rather extensions to C++ for the Windows platform which you didn't specify. You said "the language". I was referring to that. Read next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
Following somebody's tuts and making your small mods doesn't count
Your statement is rather biased. Who are you to judge what a small mod is or not? That's rather ignorant. A mod is a mod, regardless if it's simply one line of code or one opcode patch.
Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

DirectX, Windows Memory Management, Windows API doesn't count as part of C++. They are rather extensions to C++ for the Windows platform which you didn't specify. You said "the language". I was referring to that. Read next time.
Yeah, I said the language, and then right after that I said making hacks.

"FFS, get proficient at your language FIRST, THEN try to make a hack.
You don't go from making Hello Worlds to hacks in a day, a week, or even a month."


By quoting my entire post and saying just "Took me < 1 month.", you're responding to everything I said, which includes saying you went from hello worlds to making hacks in less than 1 month. But in this reply that I'm responding to now, you said the list of things I mentioned are extensions to C++ on windows, which is true, but they are also necessary for creating a hack.

And since you just generally replied with saying that it took you less than 1 month, including to the part where I talked about making hacks, that means you must have known all of them as well.

Maybe you should read next time too.
Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post



DirectX, Windows Memory Management, Windows API doesn't count as part of C++. They are rather extensions to C++ for the Windows platform which you didn't specify. You said "the language". I was referring to that. Read next time.
That's just fucking nitpicking, "get known to language" obviously means getting known to the API of the specific platform/and or the standard libraries provided with it.
Quote Originally Posted by ZER0MEM0RY View Post
That's just fucking nitpicking, "get known to language" obviously means getting known to the API of the specific platform/and or the standard libraries provided with it.
The more you talk, the more I'm realizing how ... special you are.
@Kallisti I was about to say the same thing too. When he said it took him a month I though he was referring to your whole post.
I was like no way in this world it took you one month to go from learning the basic of C++, knowing DirectX then start making hack.
Even if you do know C++, then learn DirectX you just won't start making hack on the spot. I had to read through out the post to understand what
he meant by it took him a month. But anyway @Hitokiri~ I understand you man.

I decided to read learn C++ from the ground up, I'll soon be moving to "WinApi then DirectX9" & I'm going to need some of your help.
Hopefully you are willing to share some of your knowledge with me.
DirectX isn't required for hacking btw. At least not in my case since for me, I simply reverse the game functions used to draw things and use that instead. A lot easier to do that in contrast to learning the entire ( Or at least enough ) of DirectX to draw a menu or something.

Well maybe not easier but I like the challenge of reverse engineering. Also -> Hooking d3d is generally more unsafe than calling engine-based functions for rendering.
So I'm guessing I would have to learn asm to be able to do what you suggest?
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us