Proph's Behavior Showdown! (Submissions Info)
Proph's Behavior Showdown!
Hello. This is probably one of the first competitions for RotMG private servers on MPGH. After some thought, I decided not to use too many rules and regulations just to keep the competition friendly.
Contest Rules
1.) You must work alone or in a group no larger than 3 humans, dogs, aliens, or n0sc0p3 snipers. If you plan to work in a group, you must make that clear in your submission form.
2.) All work must be by you. You must build your behavior uniquely, and I will know if you used an existing work. This includes behavior scripts, XML data, sprites, etc. The only exception is behavior CODES like SpiralAttack.cs or SpawnMinion etc.
3.) You are building a boss battle. You may use as many enemies as you wish (preferably not more than 50 at a time :P), but it must include at least one boss-type enemy with at least 2000 hitpoints.
4.) Spamming your submission(s), flaming, and harassment serves as an automatic removal from the contest. (if you break a MPGH rule that isn't something super minor, it means removal from the contest)
5.) The only source you are allowed to submit must be based off of Phoenix Realms 1.9.2. Any unneeded editions (like UI changes, random unrelated name changes) will be seen as a different source. personally I would have chosen fabiano derpdoom of amazing but vs2015 is too much to ask people atm
6.) ENGLISH ONLY! I can't read your epic german quotes.
How the Contest Works
It's simple. By August 25, 2015 you must have at least ONE submission ready for judging. That means I need to have your whole submission source (that's right the whole damn source) before 23:59 (11:59 PM) of August 24!
During the Preliminary Round, I will judge all eligible submissions and sort them. The best few will remain, while the rest will be given their scores and a "thank you" for competing in the contest.
After the Preliminary Round, I will give scores to the best few. They then have at minimum 1 WEEK to make any last changes before the final round.
During the Final Round I judge all the remaining submissions and declare the winner of the contest. After the contest I will release any behaviors that allow me to release them as well as rewarding the winner.
How to Win the Contest (or at least try decently)
A good submission only needs XML data and behavior scripts to work. However, you can spice it up with unique sprites, unique quotes, special projectiles, cool minion usage, tilesets, and special UT loot.
The submission will be judged based on several aspects that I will list below.
Mods
Upon request, mods can change up judging for you and also provide a very unique experience, while either improving or unimproving your score.
You can apply as many mods as you like. The only exception is Easy/Hard/Proph Mode. You can only choose one of the three or not choose at all.
How to Submit
So you made a submission? Great! Apply those changes to a fresh Phoenix 1.9.2 source if you haven't already.
You will need an information file.
This needs to be a .txt file named "INFO".
Pack up INFO.txt and your submission source into a .zip file and upload it. (Use file hosting websites, preferably trustworthy ones)
You also need to include a virus scan in your email.
Send your .zip download link + a valid virus scan link to prophesiser@gmail.com
Talk to me on Skype at proph.nobster
Hello. This is probably one of the first competitions for RotMG private servers on MPGH. After some thought, I decided not to use too many rules and regulations just to keep the competition friendly.
Contest Rules
1.) You must work alone or in a group no larger than 3 humans, dogs, aliens, or n0sc0p3 snipers. If you plan to work in a group, you must make that clear in your submission form.
2.) All work must be by you. You must build your behavior uniquely, and I will know if you used an existing work. This includes behavior scripts, XML data, sprites, etc. The only exception is behavior CODES like SpiralAttack.cs or SpawnMinion etc.
3.) You are building a boss battle. You may use as many enemies as you wish (preferably not more than 50 at a time :P), but it must include at least one boss-type enemy with at least 2000 hitpoints.
4.) Spamming your submission(s), flaming, and harassment serves as an automatic removal from the contest. (if you break a MPGH rule that isn't something super minor, it means removal from the contest)
5.) The only source you are allowed to submit must be based off of Phoenix Realms 1.9.2. Any unneeded editions (like UI changes, random unrelated name changes) will be seen as a different source. personally I would have chosen fabiano derpdoom of amazing but vs2015 is too much to ask people atm
6.) ENGLISH ONLY! I can't read your epic german quotes.
How the Contest Works
It's simple. By August 25, 2015 you must have at least ONE submission ready for judging. That means I need to have your whole submission source (that's right the whole damn source) before 23:59 (11:59 PM) of August 24!
During the Preliminary Round, I will judge all eligible submissions and sort them. The best few will remain, while the rest will be given their scores and a "thank you" for competing in the contest.
After the Preliminary Round, I will give scores to the best few. They then have at minimum 1 WEEK to make any last changes before the final round.
During the Final Round I judge all the remaining submissions and declare the winner of the contest. After the contest I will release any behaviors that allow me to release them as well as rewarding the winner.
How to Win the Contest (or at least try decently)
A good submission only needs XML data and behavior scripts to work. However, you can spice it up with unique sprites, unique quotes, special projectiles, cool minion usage, tilesets, and special UT loot.
The submission will be judged based on several aspects that I will list below.
CORE JUDGING
Theme - You are allowed to use any kind of theme you like for your boss battle. It will be judged based on how well you can follow this theme and express it through behaviors.
Cleanliness - To get a high score in this category, you must cleanly apply any changes you need to make. Your angles, speeds, lifetimes, offsets, cooldowns, and everything else must be somewhat organized (and playable).
Playability - You may make any level of difficulty. However, to achieve a high score you must make it very playable for 14 main classes (All production classes except Ninja). You should also specify the proper player setup (so that I don't charge down an early level boss with 8/8 full tops)
Creativity - Be creative! Make something not only good, but unique!
Cleanliness - To get a high score in this category, you must cleanly apply any changes you need to make. Your angles, speeds, lifetimes, offsets, cooldowns, and everything else must be somewhat organized (and playable).
Playability - You may make any level of difficulty. However, to achieve a high score you must make it very playable for 14 main classes (All production classes except Ninja). You should also specify the proper player setup (so that I don't charge down an early level boss with 8/8 full tops)
Creativity - Be creative! Make something not only good, but unique!
Mods
Upon request, mods can change up judging for you and also provide a very unique experience, while either improving or unimproving your score.
Mod List
Easy = -30% score
If you're afraid that I'll judge your submission too harshly, put on that Easy mod and I'll give you an easier time. It doesn't help your score at all.
Hard = +10% score
Do you think you're great at behaviors? Put this mod on and I'll give you a tough judgement for more score.
Plain Map = 0% score
No bonus points for a big random square. (Normally a map gives good score bonus)
Forced Eligibility = -10% score
Regardless of whether you broke the contest rules or not (except Rule #4), you WILL get a judging. This doesn't help your score.
Proph Mode = +35% score
"0nly 4 t0uh0u pr0s" I will judge your map extremely harshly and be extra nitpicky about patterning and a lot of extra details that you didn't know were details to begin with.
W34B00 PR0PH M0D3 xdDd! = +35% score
Same thing as Proph Mode, only that it needs more Sailor Moon and other cute anime loli's that I adorn a ton of my avatars with. FAIRIES TOO.
Fabiano.sln = -5% score
I will allow the usage of a fresh fab source with this mod.
No Loot = -5% score
I will pretend that you had some neutral-ish loot that wasn't good or bad.
Myst1c is worst class = -5% score
If you're hating on my favorite class, then put on this mod and I'll pretend it wasn't a class.
Not Good English = +0% score
If you don't have good English, you can put on this mod and I will forget about any quotes from the boss. Just don't expect bonus points.
If you're afraid that I'll judge your submission too harshly, put on that Easy mod and I'll give you an easier time. It doesn't help your score at all.
Hard = +10% score
Do you think you're great at behaviors? Put this mod on and I'll give you a tough judgement for more score.
Plain Map = 0% score
No bonus points for a big random square. (Normally a map gives good score bonus)
Forced Eligibility = -10% score
Regardless of whether you broke the contest rules or not (except Rule #4), you WILL get a judging. This doesn't help your score.
Proph Mode = +35% score
"0nly 4 t0uh0u pr0s" I will judge your map extremely harshly and be extra nitpicky about patterning and a lot of extra details that you didn't know were details to begin with.
W34B00 PR0PH M0D3 xdDd! = +35% score
Same thing as Proph Mode, only that it needs more Sailor Moon and other cute anime loli's that I adorn a ton of my avatars with. FAIRIES TOO.
Fabiano.sln = -5% score
I will allow the usage of a fresh fab source with this mod.
No Loot = -5% score
I will pretend that you had some neutral-ish loot that wasn't good or bad.
Myst1c is worst class = -5% score
If you're hating on my favorite class, then put on this mod and I'll pretend it wasn't a class.
Not Good English = +0% score
If you don't have good English, you can put on this mod and I will forget about any quotes from the boss. Just don't expect bonus points.
You can apply as many mods as you like. The only exception is Easy/Hard/Proph Mode. You can only choose one of the three or not choose at all.
How to Submit
So you made a submission? Great! Apply those changes to a fresh Phoenix 1.9.2 source if you haven't already.
You will need an information file.
The info file needs:
Submitters (and MPGH names too)
Name of boss battle
Level of Difficulty
Theme: (at least 2 sentences, don't go more than 9 sentences)
Mods: (see above)
Other Info:
Submitter Contact Info: (Skype or Email or MPGH username)
Name of boss battle
Level of Difficulty
Theme: (at least 2 sentences, don't go more than 9 sentences)
Mods: (see above)
Other Info:
Submitter Contact Info: (Skype or Email or MPGH username)
This needs to be a .txt file named "INFO".
Pack up INFO.txt and your submission source into a .zip file and upload it. (Use file hosting websites, preferably trustworthy ones)
You also need to include a virus scan in your email.
Send your .zip download link + a valid virus scan link to prophesiser@gmail.com
Talk to me on Skype at proph.nobster
