Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Why do people still play videogames when they mostly rage?

Why?... Just... Why? I thought games are for entertainment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by dummyinthecity View Post
    Why?... Just... Why? I thought games are for entertainment.
    The only gamers that hardcore rage are 12 year old COD squeakers who are hopelessly bad. Besides that, not many people do serious raging.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GetVandalized View Post
    The only gamers that hardcore rage are 12 year old COD squeakers who are hopelessly bad. Besides that, not many people do serious raging.
    That is the part I don't understand. Even if they are 12 year olds, they play to have fun right? Why do they keep playing if all they get is pissed off?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    That is the part I don't understand. Even if they are 12 year olds, they play to have fun right? Why do they keep playing if all they get is pissed off?
    For the most part, I think it's a situation where they have nothing better to do than play video games. In many cases, their parents are too busy to look after them and guide them so the only thing that becomes familiar to the kids is video games since they have no friends in a lot of cases as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GetVandalized For This Useful Post:

Falbere (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    For the most part, I think it's a situation where they have nothing better to do than play video games. In many cases, their parents are too busy to look after them and guide them so the only thing that becomes familiar to the kids is video games since they have no friends in a lot of cases as well.
    I guess that made a lot of sense, then maybe we should've be concerned about them than to hate them? They sound like victims.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I guess that made a lot of sense, then maybe we should've be concerned about them than to hate them? They sound like victims.
    In a lot of cases they are, in some cases they aren't. I think that this responsibility comes down on the parents more than anything else.

Thanks
    Those who rage tend to think they're considerably better at a given game than everyone else. In fact their proficiency never improves. They rarely consider shutting up (no argument works against such a person) and the best thing to do may simply be muting them; some people may prefer to leave the match and affect its outcome negatively.
    Myself, (after putting up witch such people on a daily basis for 5 years) I've stopped playing online matches (counter-strike 1.6 5v5). I obviously mute everyone in a game by default (cod,cs1.6,csgo). Honestly, there's no hope for those who rage, whine or cry (and it's not just 12 year olds, there're are 16-24 year olds who do such things too).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by mandoox View Post
    Those who rage tend to think they're considerably better at a given game than everyone else. In fact their proficiency never improves. They rarely consider shutting up (no argument works against such a person) and the best thing to do may simply be muting them; some people may prefer to leave the match and affect its outcome negatively.
    Myself, (after putting up witch such people on a daily basis for 5 years) I've stopped playing online matches (counter-strike 1.6 5v5). I obviously mute everyone in a game by default (cod,cs1.6,csgo). Honestly, there's no hope for those who rage, whine or cry (and it's not just 12 year olds, there're are 16-24 year olds who do such things too).
    I honestly don't run into too many ragers on CSGO. I find a lot more trolls than anything else. Regardless, of course there are some ragers that are older, but I was just saying that the majority are of a young age.

Thanks
    there's the frustration of not achieving your full potential when you KNOW you can aim better and maybe not die in that situation

Thank me and I will like you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by /sp\ View Post
    there's the frustration of not achieving your full potential when you KNOW you can aim better and maybe not die in that situation
    Not relevant. So far the points made have been that they generally do not have that skill. The potential to aim is not the reality of the situation, it's the fact that you didn't, which means generally you can't handle it. You think you could've, but could you really? Every kill on every game is different, time affects your actions. The longer you play, the more skilled you become.

You cannot tell what would've happened with your aim being on your target, nothing can. Time always goes forward, never back. It can slow down, warp, bend, but never can it go back.

So, you cannot say "maybe" I could not die. You did. That's all there is to it. The reason people rage is because they generally are not good or are not doing as good as their average self. Rage induces bad playing skills, which doesn't help to improve your skill. This debate thread was created off of those people. They fall into a cycle, where they can't seem to break it. They play it not because of
    too busy to look after them and guide them so the only thing that becomes familiar to the kids is video games since they have no friends in a lot of cases as well.
    , but because of the fact that it's a video game alone that they like to play, and want to play. The reason they have that want is because they enjoy it because everyone else does too. They rage because they're bad at first, and never become better since that's not what they focus on, they focus on trying as hard as they can to kill someone.

Basically, it's just a cycle of rage that never improves. They play it because it's mainstream, so to speak. CoD is the most common example of this. You'll see plenty of people rage and bitch you out because they aren't on their specific want or their specific average playing skill.

The sole reason they keep coming back even though that cycle daunts on them in their mind is that they get adrenaline rush. Adrenaline gets pumped, your focus becomes precise, your overall reflexes increase in speed. They feel that, and since it happens nearly every kill, (panic)adrenaline is released and they get a kick out of it and come back to the game since they felt the rush of adrenaline. Decisions that you have to make that can be made in an infinite amount of time have to be made in a split second, releasing adrenaline and causing excitement.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 09-04-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnix View Post
    Not relevant. So far the points made have been that they generally do not have that skill. The potential to aim is not the reality of the situation, it's the fact that you didn't, which means generally you can't handle it. You think you could've, but could you really? Every kill on every game is different, time affects your actions. The longer you play, the more skilled you become.

You cannot tell what would've happened with your aim being on your target, nothing can. Time always goes forward, never back. It can slow down, warp, bend, but never can it go back.

So, you cannot say "maybe" I could not die. You did. That's all there is to it. The reason people rage is because they generally are not good or are not doing as good as their average self. Rage induces bad playing skills, which doesn't help to improve your skill. This debate thread was created off of those people. They fall into a cycle, where they can't seem to break it. They play it not because of , but because of the fact that it's a video game alone that they like to play, and want to play. The reason they have that want is because they enjoy it because everyone else does too. They rage because they're bad at first, and never become better since that's not what they focus on, they focus on trying as hard as they can to kill someone.

Basically, it's just a cycle of rage that never improves. They play it because it's mainstream, so to speak. CoD is the most common example of this. You'll see plenty of people rage and bitch you out because they aren't on their specific want or their specific average playing skill.

The sole reason they keep coming back even though that cycle daunts on them in their mind is that they get adrenaline rush. Adrenaline gets pumped, your focus becomes precise, your overall reflexes increase in speed. They feel that, and since it happens nearly every kill, (panic)adrenaline is released and they get a kick out of it and come back to the game since they felt the rush of adrenaline. Decisions that you have to make that can be made in an infinite amount of time have to be made in a split second, releasing adrenaline and causing excitement.
    I agree, but in a way it's the fault of the parents as well because they let them fall into this endless cycle of rage that you were speaking of.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    I agree, but in a way it's the fault of the parents as well because they let them fall into this endless cycle of rage that you were speaking of.
    The parents are the enablers, but they don't see their son/daughter performing this cycle. The kid asks for the game in an enthusiastic, light tone, and the parents think "alright". The only case in which your post takes place is when they hear/see this cycle taking place.

Regardless, the parent's job is not to shelter the child from these games, as many would love to say, but it's their job to teach them to appropriately deal with and think about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    The parents are the enablers, but they don't see their son/daughter performing this cycle. The kid asks for the game in an enthusiastic, light tone, and the parents think "alright". The only case in which your post takes place is when they hear/see this cycle taking place.

Regardless, the parent's job is not to shelter the child from these games, as many would love to say, but it's their job to teach them to appropriately deal with and think about it.
    Exactly. A lot of parents aren't teaching kids how to appropriately deal with these things because in many scenarios they're just so busy that they can't be there for their kids during these situations.

Thanks

So, you cannot say "maybe" I could not die. You did. That's all there is to it.
    "So, you cannot say "maybe" I could not die. You did. That's all there is to it. The reason people rage is because they generally are not good or are not doing as good as their average self." - Saying "that's all there is to it" is complete bs. You learn what you did wrong and you improve based on that, saying "that's all there is to it" is like doing multiple tests with identical variables and expecting different results. You rage BECAUSE you know what you did wrong, and you improve on it. Rage at it's core is failure, and that rage converts into improvement

Rage can induce bad playing skills but it doesn't mean you always get worse and worse. Saying "You cannot tell what would've happened with your aim being on your target, nothing can" Well... yes it can... If I would have had better crisis management and shot that guy first and then flicked to the other guy, instead of the other way round then I would have won, what's wrong with that? EDIT: Think of a dice roll. If you rolled a 6 instead of a 5 you would have reached the end and won a game

And in terms of what makes people come back, sure it's the kick but it's also the improvement factor. The urge to get better, as well as loads of other factors... not just one "sole reason". Jumping out of a plane gives an adrenaline rush but we don't go back to that every day
    Last edited by /sp\; 09-04-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Thank me and I will like you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    You learn what you did wrong and you improve based on that
    Thank you for re-stating my point in different wording. That's all there is to it? Your concept of English must not be very good if you can't understand a basic statement. You learn what you do wrong and you reflect to make yourself better. Thank you, you literally just stated my point. You're trying to argue with me using my own point. I literally said "that's all there is to it" because of the fact that you can't predict that "maybe" I could've survived.

"You cannot tell what would've happened with your aim being on your target, nothing can" Well... yes it can... If I would have had better crisis management and shot that guy first and then flicked to the other guy
    You're predicting what would've happened in a positive light for yourself, aka killing both of them. What I'm saying is your prediction is a fallacy. You can't predict what might happen because no matter the outcome that was possible you don't know what could've happened. That guy that you flicked to after the first guy could've noticed and turned to you and shot you. The guy you flicked to could've been guarded by another in secret.

Jumping out of a plane does not create a decision creation. The decisiveness it takes is what pumps the adrenaline. You're up in air while skydiving much longer than 0.5 seconds time to think about what to do in a 1-man/2-man gunfight.

Nice aggressiveness in your argument, though missing key points (
    Decisions that you have to make that can be made in an infinite amount of time have to be made in a split second, releasing adrenaline and causing excitement.
    Jumping out of a plane gives an adrenaline rush but we don't go back to that every day
    )
    and using one man's argument against his own argument isn't going to get you anywhere.

On average, there's a 1 minute skydive time until you pull your chute.
    On average, there's 0.1-0.5 seconds timespan to think about the action you will take in a gunfight.

Think about that level of excitement, please. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 09-04-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast