QuestionBasic SQF Information for Noobs

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Basic SQF Information for Noobs
Hey everyone, so I've been scripting ARMA 3 for a while but I have given it a stop and if you were on this site about a year ago, you would have known that I was posting regularly. I have been covered with messages on skype regarding arma3 scripting help. So I'm going to help you out with just showing you some basics.
Look at this piece of code:

Code:
player addAction ["I like Penis",{[]spawn PenisMuncher ;}];

				PenisMuncher=  {

					hint 'penis';

};
Okay, so this is just a very old and simple scroll menu. It's not even a menu, it's simply just one scroll.
I will break this down for you:

I'm starting with "Player addAction" which is calling the game to spawn just one scroll.

I am then titling the scroll with "I like Penis" so that the user will see this text when scrolling.

The first line of code is finished, so we put a
;
to finish it off, make sure you ALWAYS close brackets
(,[,{,),],}
Now, with coding, there will always be variables, in this case, the variable is PenisMuncher.

PenisMuncher must be called in some way, so we are "spawning" it aka "calling" it so that the game knows to activate THIS variable.
So the piece of code where it has
{[]spawn PenisMuncher ;}];
It is calling that variable.

We then see
PenisMuncher = {
. This is the variable itself. So the variable is titled "PenisMuncher", so we will refer to PenisMuncher every time we want to activate this piece of code. In this case, the piece of code is a
hint
which is just a hint that pops up on the screen with the word 'penis'.

So the variable itself is this:

Code:
				PenisMuncher=  {

					hint 'penis';

};
So here we are naming the variable
PenisMuncher
and then telling PenisMuncher to activate the hint
Hint 'penis';
and then we are finishing the code with a
};
.

Any questions just ask below.

THIS LINK will also help with coding SQF.
thanks but i learned that by myself :/
Quote Originally Posted by bonobo58 View Post
thanks but i learned that by myself :/
doesnt mean someone else doesnt plus i dont think this should be in discussion @Jim Morrison
this is so basic , any noob should know this fap
It was nice for me gotta be honest!Was the first step for me i just started with ARMA3 few days a go! Cheers mate
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us