Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GalacticSoundz View Post
    I checked this out and I love this lobby tool.. only that when i change the game mode it fucks up in game.. E.X. I launch the game after changing TDM to Domination and it has white flags.. half the people are spectators.. and its just really fucked up.. the spectators cant change their team but are spawned in and cant be killed or kill. PLS fix..
    This exactly. Should be fixed. Also I think if you force start the game without changing the game mode it can still happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Ramz View Post
    This exactly. Should be fixed. Also I think if you force start the game without changing the game mode it can still happen.
    Please be patient.

Do not ask for features or demand for something to be done.
    A new version is on its way but without an ETA.
    New version will include a lot of new features and most likely a new UI.

Until then please stay calm.
    The current version of the lobby tools has several bugs that have been noted by the dev.
    1. Kicking too many players will cause your game to crash.
    2. Forcing the game to start wil put all player in the spectator team.

Solutions
    1. Stop kicking so many players. Wait for the next release where this will be fixed.
    2. You have to make the match a private match first if you want to correctly use this. If you make the lobby into a private match players can leave spectators and join the normal teams.

Thanks
    Also scr_dm_timelimit "X.X" You can change roundtime

Thanks
    ok well I have one question. One time I opened up the command console (F1) and typed in a command. It didn't work.

Now do I have to make the game windowed and while in a match do the command or what

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    player_sprintUnlimited "1" - Players can sprint forever
    timescale "0.6" - Slomo
    player_sprintSpeedScale "3" - x3 Sprint Speed
    player_sprintCameraBob "0" - No Camera Bob
    player_backSpeedScale "3" - x3 Backwards Speed
    player_lastStandCrawlSpeedScale "3" - x3 Last Stand Speed
    player_meleeHeight "1000" - Knife Height
    player_meleeRange "1000" - Knife Range

r_fullbright 1

these commands works online

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogste1 View Post
    player_sprintUnlimited "1" - Players can sprint forever
    timescale "0.6" - Slomo
    player_sprintSpeedScale "3" - x3 Sprint Speed
    player_sprintCameraBob "0" - No Camera Bob
    player_backSpeedScale "3" - x3 Backwards Speed
    player_lastStandCrawlSpeedScale "3" - x3 Last Stand Speed
    player_meleeHeight "1000" - Knife Height
    player_meleeRange "1000" - Knife Range

r_fullbright 1

these commands works online
    Yea we know they were posted in the comments weeks ago

Thanks
    Some of the console commands like jump_height do not work on the console here. Anyone can tell me how to lower the gravity/increase the jump height and also prevent any fall damage? Thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Some of the console commands like jump_height do not work on the console here. Anyone can tell me how to lower the gravity/increase the jump height and also prevent any fall damage? Thanks.
    Yes I can, that's all still possible although the dvars got removed. You have to open the old iw4mp.exe and xref the dvars you want. Then, in the new exe find that function. (You obviously won't be able to find it by crossrefing the dvars) When you found the right function, you will quickly recognize that instead of accessing the dvar value, the function will simply use some constant or call a function that returns some constant. That's the value/function you need to change! After searching for a bit I for example found jump_height!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    Yes I can, that's all still possible although the dvars got removed. You have to open the old iw4mp.exe and xref the dvars you want. Then, in the new exe find that function. (You obviously won't be able to find it by crossrefing the dvars) When you found the right function, you will quickly recognize that instead of accessing the dvar value, the function will simply use some constant or call a function that returns some constant. That's the value/function you need to change! After searching for a bit I for example found jump_height!
    That was a whole lot that I did not understand. I'm guessing dvars are like "scr_restxp_enable 1" ?

Anyways if the commands don't work because of the new patch or whatever then I guess I won't be able to do it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    That was a whole lot that I did not understand. I'm guessing dvars are like "scr_restxp_enable 1" ?

Anyways if the commands don't work because of the new patch or whatever then I guess I won't be able to do it.
    Yeah it's because I the update and I explained how to get them back.
    Last edited by gerherhtherherdhher; 02-21-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    Yeah it's because I the update and I explained how to get them back.
    That will not work for all commands.

Some commands still exist in the game but you just have to find out how to access them like Xen0 explained.

A lot of commands were completely removed from the game.
    For example: kick

Kick was removed from the game code and it would be very difficult to recreate this funtion. (Scouds lobbytools uses another funtion to remove players from the game.)

Inside the game's code there is a function a command normally calls that will write output to the console.
    The function that write stuff to the console was entirely removed.

Unless someone figures out how to inject the assembly code from old iw4mp.exe in the new code and make it not crash it will be impossible to use some commands.

I believe commands like god noclip and infinite ammo were also completely removed. (several hundred command were removed I believe)

But some things are still controlled like gravity but the console command to change it was removed. It is possible to find the memory address and change the gravity value but to put that in a script will take a lot of time to figure out.

This is why mods will not work.
    First of all mods were loaded in the game using gsc files but those are not loaded now. Its preset in the code what gsc files to load and what not.
    Also the files needed to create mods have been ecrypted and nobody knows how to access them anymore sadly.

Please tell me if I got something wrong but I believe this is how it all goes in the current patch.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by marnix84 View Post
    That will not work for all commands.

Some commands still exist in the game but you just have to find out how to access them like Xen0 explained.

A lot of commands were completely removed from the game.
    For example: kick

Kick was removed from the game code and it would be very difficult to recreate this funtion. (Scouds lobbytools uses another funtion to remove players from the game.)

Inside the game's code there is a function a command normally calls that will write output to the console.
    The function that write stuff to the console was entirely removed.

Unless someone figures out how to inject the assembly code from old iw4mp.exe in the new code and make it not crash it will be impossible to use some commands.

I believe commands like god noclip and infinite ammo were also completely removed. (several hundred command were removed I believe)

But some things are still controlled like gravity but the console command to change it was removed. It is possible to find the memory address and change the gravity value but to put that in a script will take a lot of time to figure out.

This is why mods will not work.
    First of all mods were loaded in the game using gsc files but those are not loaded now. Its preset in the code what gsc files to load and what not.
    Also the files needed to create mods have been ecrypted and nobody knows how to access them anymore sadly.

Please tell me if I got something wrong but I believe this is how it all goes in the current patch.
    Yes, that's pretty accurate. It's not going to take so long to find gravity etc, probably like a few minutes, but I don't even want to do that because I never really liked all those annoying dvars... Also scoudem is using SV_DropClient, the kick command was probably just calling that function.

I never really looked into .gsc, but I don't think they are encrypted, most of the .gsc functions simply got removed.

Thanks
    I can't maintain host. When I press f4 then search for a game it makes me the host and i never join another lobby, people always join me (I know this is supposed to happen), but right before the game is about to start it "searches for best host" and makes someone else host and doesn't allow me to kick or change the map/game mode settings. My NAT type is open and I'm on windows 8. I've played games with friends who have the same cheats and it never picks a new host and they work fine for them, but not me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marnix84 View Post
    Solutions
    1. Stop kicking so many players. Wait for the next release where this will be fixed.
    Even without kicking it crashes after a few games (~3 matches).

There is no solution for this, so I guess I need to until the tool is stable for me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Well, to me it's no wonder that it's unstable/crashing often. Few things I noticed while looking through the code of the program:

- Why make a copy of the refdef on startup? If I remember correctly it's even empty in the menu
    and only initialized when in a match.
    - I am not sure if hooking DispatchMessageA is the way to go when getting keyboard input
    - Also, by looking at the hook I'd say he's using detours, which might fuck up the function prologue and mess up the stack.
    - Calling R_RegisterFont 6 times in UI_DrawText might cause problems, it only needs to be called once. (If the game vid_restarts it needs to be called again if I recall correctly). Also UI_DrawText is called multiple times per frame so the hook will be called each time too.
    Last edited by gerherhtherherdhher; 02-22-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast