UnresolvedCoding a backdoor

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Coding a backdoor
I'd like to drop a backdoor in an addon that will print certain information into my console when I run a script.

I need to read the contents of sv_config.lua

I was thinking just doing

print( file.Read( "sv_config.lua", "LUA") );

somewhere in the code for the addon but I figured that would just print it to the server's console, not my console. So I need some more help.

Maybe a clientside lua file I can use to access a backdoor I put in the addon.

Need some more specific help- this backdoor is for a specific server and I will only use it on one server.
wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Category:net
wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Global/RunString
Quote Originally Posted by loKrrrkoZi View Post
wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Category:net
wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Global/RunString
I need a little more help than that- while these links are great and have helped me learn a lot, I don't know how to put them in context.
Quote Originally Posted by lmfaoj0 View Post
I need a little more help than that- while these links are great and have helped me learn a lot, I don't know how to put them in context.
On the serverside file of the addon you receive a net message that you send it using net.WriteString - the string being the code that you want to run. You can use runstring in the receive function to make the server run the code.
1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP.


/Closed.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us