Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

That's actually a great idea imo, would rip everyone and never happen but if they set up a full new server which was completely clean with no saved data on it that would be awesome
    I think that allot of people will be pissed off because of gold related things

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sölvi View Post
    I think that allot of people will be pissed off because of gold related things
    Ah true, will just have to wait and see what they do

I am not a middleman nor do I buy/sell anything. If you are being contacted by someone off-site from MPGH then it's not me! Please report these to me via PM. Don't be stupid, think first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Kabam: Hey RoTMG players! So we see ya hate the game so fucking much right now. Don't worry we will sell it!

Players: Yayyy!!!!

Kabam: But thats not all, to make it better these are former Kabam employees.

Players: Oh, ummmmm ehhh, ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Another idea is they could keep this server, then right next to the play button there will be a "Classic" button that brings you to the ammy version of realm!
    background ENs1Twz
    name 32 #fffc outline 1 #0008 tl background tl 5 5
    star alpha #b l name r 3 0
    allChars small outline 1 #fff3 bl background bl 5 -5
    created 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 bl allChars tl 0 -5
    exp 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 bl created tl 0 -3
    fame 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 bl exp tl 0 -3
    guild 24 #fffc outline 1 #0008 tr background tr -3 5
    guildRank alpha #b outline 1 #0008 r guild l -4 2
    lastChar small flip outline 1 #fff3 tr guild br 0 3
    lastSeen 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 tr lastChar tl -2 1
    lastServer 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 tr lastSeen br 0 4
    playerLink 8 #fffc outline 1 #0008 br background br -2 -3

Thanks
    MOTMG confirmed:

Thanks
    I might rejoin to see what the hype is about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    No idea why everyone thinks "resetting teh gaem" or bringing back the "classic times xD" would benefit the game in any way. It makes so little sense it makes me cringe.

It looks like an escapade because they can't think of any solutions to deal with the game's current problems. There just aren't any arguments being used to back these thoughts up.
    just stop. come with me son.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plus22 View Post
    No idea why everyone thinks "resetting teh gaem" or bringing back the "classic times xD" would benefit the game in any way. It makes so little sense it makes me cringe.

It looks like an escapade because they can't think of any solutions to deal with the game's current problems. There just aren't any arguments being used to back these thoughts up.
    I fully agree on the notion of how it totally seems like the nuclear decision, but your first statement of a full economy reset having no beneficial impact on the game is completely false.
    This game is seriously fucked with economy, why are your UT's soulbound mate?
    The problem with this sorta thing is that a downfall in eco happens over time, so once everyone logs on and are trying to liquidate their assets into pots, (very rational reason) the economy of everything will drop a lil for a lil bit and then stabilize BUUUT..

the proposal of a full reset to build 123(keep new dungeons) in the aspect of pets/backpacks/economy/amulet of resurrection and the effect on the now sought after rares that are actually rare, even getting the chance to get to the top is something that can now become feasible. Don't be inconsiderate of a viable option to keep RotMG and entice new players, is all I'm asking.
    Last edited by muriwo; 07-12-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by muriwo View Post
    I fully agree on the notion of how it totally seems like the nuclear decision, but your first statement of a full economy reset having no beneficial impact on the game is completely false.
    This game is seriously fucked with economy, why are your UT's soulbound mate?
    The problem with this sorta thing is that a downfall in eco happens over time, so once everyone logs on and are trying to liquidate their assets into pots, (very rational reason) the economy of everything will drop a lil for a lil bit and then stabilize BUUUT..

the proposal of a full reset to build 123(keep new dungeons) in the aspect of pets/backpacks/economy/amulet of resurrection and the effect on the now sought after rares that are actually rare, even getting the chance to get to the top is something that can now become feasible. Don't be inconsiderate of a viable option to keep RotMG and entice new players, is all I'm asking.
    Reverting to old builds doesn't mean reverting just half a dozen things. It means stupidly going back in time in terms of development and bugfixes - so no, it doesn't make sense.

Regarding pets messing up with the game's balancement - that's true. They were implemented without any sort of counter ajustments regarding game difficulty (maybe because it was supposed that they would replace perfectly the amulets of ressurection), that's why they need a rebalance. Again, suggesting deca to simply "remove pets lol" doesn't make sense and I don't even think that I need to explain the reasons why.
    Btw what about backpacks?

You also seem to miss the old item prices. The top prices are really low nowadays, but the game's economy isn't something that sustains itself. We can't reset the economy - it depends on other factors that, coincidentally (what a surprise), are currently broken. The economy will only go back to normal once the major problems are fixed, and it seems that we can expect some better game development from now on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plus22 For This Useful Post:

muriwo (07-14-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Reverting to old builds doesn't mean reverting just half a dozen things. It means stupidly going back in time in terms of development and bugfixes - so no, it doesn't make sense.

Regarding pets messing up with the game's balancement - that's true. They were implemented without any sort of counter ajustments regarding game difficulty (maybe because it was supposed that they would replace perfectly the amulets of ressurection), that's why they need a rebalance. Again, suggesting deca to simply "remove pets lol" doesn't make sense and I don't even think that I need to explain the reasons why.

You also seem to miss the old item prices. The top prices are really low nowadays, but the game's economy isn't something that sustains itself. We can't reset the economy - it depends on other factors that, coincidentally (what a surprise), are currently broken. The economy will only go back to normal once the major problems are fixed, and it seems that we can expect some better game development from now on.
    What is Deca Games famous for? Why is it such a big deal...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ayeeee congratz deca
    rotmg is urs naw :3

Thanks

I fully see where you're coming from.
    From a rational standpoint I see exactly what you mean, yes it would be completely walking in the opposite direction and it wouldn't rationally make sense because of the progress in between those two times would be 'gone' but I totally mentioned that in my first post with the (keep new dungeons) because, you're right. If rotmg was reverted to an older build, The Shatters, Lair of Draconis, etc. would not be in that build.

But, that does not necessarily mean that Deca Games is totally limited, I am fully sure that they have the capabilities to recode these newer updates into an older version since there were no major re-hauls in updates.

You also seem to miss the old item prices.
    Mate I dunno if you understand how the ol' supply-demand concept works but your wrong.
    First of all, your perception of how you view 'the normal economy' is totally based upon your perspective, you happen to play realm during a time when there is a larger supply of items, (and more than half of those items are duplicated rather than earned from boss drops, but that's on an unrelated note so don't pay attention to that yet, just think in terms of supply & demand) and I come from a time when duping was very much under the carpet and prices weren't effected as much as seen now. (I'll elaborate a little, even though duplicating items was definitely still a thing that existed during that time, the relationship between items and players has greatly shifted over the last few years.(<In between both these sentences I wrote a solid paragraph of how RotMG economy has changed and affected playerbase drive ever since duping has become common in the last couple years, but it seems like some flaming rant so fuck it, this next sentence summarizes it well.) We now live in a time that since there is so many Hydra Skin Armor's why wouldn't you put top tier armor on your 1/8 rogue?

For example, in the same sentence you mention that top prices are really low right now, and then go on to state that the economy is not self-sustaining. now I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to roast or disown you, but thats a circular argument, how does how-low-the prices-are-for top-tier-items, and the cause of how low these prices are, to how a basic economy works? Of course the economy is not sustainable by itself, not many exist in the world that are.

I fully agree with you man, We can't reset the economy. But Deca Games can and if the playerbase pushes for it enough, they would be willing.
    The #1 argument I see against a full economy reset is the argument of all the gold people have spent and how that'd all be discarded, but as someone who has spent over $40 on RotMG gold I am overlooking the negative impact of losing my vault chests, the knight of the round skin I bought, the dyes I still have, and am instead realizing how much more the potential pros outweigh these cons. For the sake of the future of realm of the mad god an economy reset is needed because these top tier item prices will only continue to stay this low, I bought 2 covert bows for 1 mana today. Temporary solutions of throwing new items in the mix will not, and has not worked well enough, I hope Deca has the foresight to see the crash rotmg is going to have in the future if they allow this economy to fester.
    We Need To Reset.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjoejohn View Post
    What is Deca Games famous for? Why is it such a big deal...
    being the new owners of rotmg.. lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

Five (07-15-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by muriwo View Post
    I fully see where you're coming from.
    From a rational standpoint I see exactly what you mean, yes it would be completely walking in the opposite direction and it wouldn't rationally make sense because of the progress in between those two times would be 'gone' but I totally mentioned that in my first post with the (keep new dungeons) because, you're right. If rotmg was reverted to an older build, The Shatters, Lair of Draconis, etc. would not be in that build.

But, that does not necessarily mean that Deca Games is totally limited, I am fully sure that they have the capabilities to recode these newer updates into an older version since there were no major re-hauls in updates.

You also seem to miss the old item prices.
    Mate I dunno if you understand how the ol' supply-demand concept works but your wrong.
    First of all, your perception of how you view 'the normal economy' is totally based upon your perspective, you happen to play realm during a time when there is a larger supply of items, (and more than half of those items are duplicated rather than earned from boss drops, but that's on an unrelated note so don't pay attention to that yet, just think in terms of supply & demand) and I come from a time when duping was very much under the carpet and prices weren't effected as much as seen now. (I'll elaborate a little, even though duplicating items was definitely still a thing that existed during that time, the relationship between items and players has greatly shifted over the last few years.(<In between both these sentences I wrote a solid paragraph of how RotMG economy has changed and affected playerbase drive ever since duping has become common in the last couple years, but it seems like some flaming rant so fuck it, this next sentence summarizes it well.) We now live in a time that since there is so many Hydra Skin Armor's why wouldn't you put top tier armor on your 1/8 rogue?

For example, in the same sentence you mention that top prices are really low right now, and then go on to state that the economy is not self-sustaining. now I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to roast or disown you, but thats a circular argument, how does how-low-the prices-are-for top-tier-items, and the cause of how low these prices are, to how a basic economy works? Of course the economy is not sustainable by itself, not many exist in the world that are.

I fully agree with you man, We can't reset the economy. But Deca Games can and if the playerbase pushes for it enough, they would be willing.
    The #1 argument I see against a full economy reset is the argument of all the gold people have spent and how that'd all be discarded, but as someone who has spent over $40 on RotMG gold I am overlooking the negative impact of losing my vault chests, the knight of the round skin I bought, the dyes I still have, and am instead realizing how much more the potential pros outweigh these cons. For the sake of the future of realm of the mad god an economy reset is needed because these top tier item prices will only continue to stay this low, I bought 2 covert bows for 1 mana today. Temporary solutions of throwing new items in the mix will not, and has not worked well enough, I hope Deca has the foresight to see the crash rotmg is going to have in the future if they allow this economy to fester.
    We Need To Reset.
    The fact that reverting to an old build is a bad idea doesn't mean that Deca Games is totally limited, indeed, but you are specifically suggesting that we revert to an old build but keep the "good changes" and that is completely unnecessary. Why not just fix things without resetting stuff? Is that because of pets? Because you didn't even mention them here and that "solution" would only remove them.

Now, about the economy, I do have more than 4 years of RotMG so I know how the economy used to be. Several life pots for one item etc. That's exactly what I said in my other post - the Hydra is too cheap, just like the other tops.

My argument isn't circular at all. I said that the economy isn't self-sustaining because you wrote this: "a full reset to build 123(keep new dungeons) in the aspect of pets/backpacks/economy", dot. I said that "tops are low-priced and the economy isn't self-sustainable" and that only means that the tops are cheap because something caused the cheapness. Wtf are you saying.

And you talk like the only solution as to fixing the economy is a reset. That isn't true at all. You completely ignore the possibility of simple rebalancement (which is exactly what the game needs in order to us, players, have decent trading AND gameplay) being made to the game and straight up say that "We Need To Reset".
    Doesn't make sense again bro.
    Last edited by Plus22; 07-15-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    being the new owners of rotmg.. lol
    Yeah but why is everyone so happy??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast