QuestionVideo Editing Help

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Video Editing Help
I need some help identifying the transitions and effect this guy uses. His videos are pretty cool and I want to recreate my own version of them.



Here are main transitions I need help identifying.

  • Blur and then it snaps into focus and introduces a new scene @0:11 - 0:15
  • Static waves and slight glitch effect @0:29 - 0:30
  • Slow motion effect with the outline of a subject @1:17
  • Video speeds up and transitions into the next scene @0:50 - 0:52 (I think this is the same as the first transition I spoke about @0:11)



Anyways, any form of help is appreciated.
@<a href="http://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=1488321" target="_blank">Kusanagi</a>

Hey!

This is can probably be done with another program other than after effects, but I'll be linking an after effects tutorial to better explain!


Blur and then it snaps into focus and introduces a new scene @0:11 - 0:15
Transition: "Bass Shake":
Effect: A slight blur

Static waves and slight glitch effect @0:29 - 0:30
Effect: "Glitch Effect"

Slow motion effect with the outline of a subject @1:17

Effect: Search "After Effects Roto-brush"

Video speeds up and transitions into the next scene @0:50 - 0:52 (I think this is the same as the first transition I spoke about @0:11)
This is the same as number 1 like you said


Hope this helps a bit.
Quote Originally Posted by Cronize View Post
This is can probably be done with another program other than after effects, but I'll be linking an after effects tutorial to better explain!
Thanks a lot for the help!

What program are you reffering to?
Quote Originally Posted by Asuna View Post


Thanks a lot for the help!

What program are you reffering to?

Adobe After Effects
Quote Originally Posted by Cronize View Post

Adobe After Effects
I obviously know that but you said:
Quote Originally Posted by Cronize View Post
This is can probably be done with another program other than after effects,
I was asking about that program.
Quote Originally Posted by Asuna View Post


I obviously know that but you said:


I was asking about that program.

Here are some free programs (I have never used them, but from reviews they are similar to After Effects), although I would recommend eventually using After Effects due to the power it has (it is easy to get for free if you are worried about that).

Programs:

1) Jahshaka: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jahshakafx/
2) Wax: http://www.debugmode.com/wax/


I hope this will help you!
Quote Originally Posted by Cronize View Post
although I would recommend eventually using After Effects due to the power it has (it is easy to get for free if you are worried about that).
Oh no, not worry about that at all. I just thought you knew some program that was better than After Effects.

Anyways, I have After Effect, Premier, and Sony Vegas to work.

Thanks for the help once again!
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us