Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

User Services - Vouch Copy Requirements

This is a suggestion btw, forgot to add it to the title.

All I see now days is people going onto General and shitposting their way to the requirements in order to get vouch copies in user services. I feel that the post requirements for a vouch copy should be increased to around 2k-3k posts maybe? Also, in order to get vouch copies from anyone's service in User Services you should have to maybe apply or something in which the staff then review you and check to see if you are an actual user who got to the requirements without shitposting and will be active in other areas other than just User Services.

Example: One of the main users who I've spotted so far who shitposted their way to the requirements is that ArseneLupin guy who got to 1.5k posts (mainly by shitposting in general from what I've seen, though he does have a service for BTC only a small fraction of the posts are for that service.) and then went onto user services and instantly started asking for vouch copies.

If that idea isn't welcomed then I think the set time you have to be on MPGH for in order to qualify should be extended to maybe a year or something, else we will have kids just spamming on new threads on user services non stop as soon they get to the requirements with "VOUCH COPY!??!?!?!" which is hardly fair to the seller since he's essentially being fought over by all the kids wanting vouch copies.

TLDR; Shitposters are going to cause a huge increase in vouch copies on user services, post requirements should be changed to around 2k-3k or the time you've been on here to get vouch copies should be increased to a year or longer.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-19-2016 at 04:00 AM.
    Don't like what I say? Here's a solution.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @stock
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Motherboard: ASROCK Z170 Pro4
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:

AE$Tgryae35ryt (07-19-2016),x12 (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    I think it's ridiculous that you need to have a specific amount of posts to be eligible for vouch copies.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Butragueno View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that you need to have a specific amount of posts to be eligible for vouch copies.
    In my personal opinion i think that only minions and higher should get vouch copies but If I suggested that then it would probably get ignored more than anything.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity

Purchases

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    What sellers don't realize is that just because someone meets the requirements to receive a vouch copy, doesn't mean they have to provide them to everyone who asks. Also, people who provide consistently inaccurate or shit reviews will lose their privileges and get banned.

Having people apply to give vouch copies just becomes a lot of unnecessary extra work. Increasing the post requirement further wouldn't do all that much either. If people are gonna shit post, they're still gonna shit post. They just have to do it a bit more.

The only thing we can do is to continuously screen the members receiving vouch copies and their quality and accuracy of their reviews. Sellers can choose a member they feel has an actual reputation vs just shit posts, or they can choose to just give it to a qualifying staff member.

When someone doesn't meet the requirements for an SE service, a vouch copy to an Administrator, Global Moderator, Moderator, or Middleman is required.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-19-2016),Cosman (07-20-2016),x12 (07-19-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    What sellers don't realize is that just because someone meets the requirements to receive a vouch copy, doesn't mean they have to provide them to everyone who asks. Also, people who provide consistently inaccurate or shit reviews will lose their privileges and get banned.

Having people apply to give vouch copies just becomes a lot of unnecessary extra work. Increasing the post requirement further wouldn't do all that much either. If people are gonna shit post, they're still gonna shit post. They just have to do it a bit more.

The only thing we can do is to continuously screen the members receiving vouch copies and their quality and accuracy of their reviews. Sellers can choose a member they feel has an actual reputation vs just shit posts, or they can choose to just give it to a qualifying staff member.

When someone doesn't meet the requirements for an SE service, a vouch copy to an Administrator, Global Moderator, Moderator, or Middleman is required.
    What about increasing the time the user has been on MPGH though? There are still plenty of users on here from over a year ago or longer who have a high post count. It's also more of a deterrent for those who are only here for vouch copies because they would have to wait even longer and unless their willing to slowly shitpost over a long period then I don't think they will be bothered to actually do it. Most people these days are impatient so it would be a massive turn off to them.

If the time period increase wouldn't work then maybe you could add a new requirement which is that you can only ask for a certain amount of vouch copies per day or something? I know the seller can decide whether they want to give the copy out but seriously, I was actually looking at the ArseneLupin guy's posts and within the past 24 hours (which was when he hit the post requirement for vouches) he's made 14 posts trying to get vouch copies from sellers (https://imgur.com/Dt5MK0U or https://www.mpgh.net/forum/search.php?searchid=23255308). In my opinion that seems a bit excessive and it just seems that people like him are just going to try to exploit sellers for free things.

Even if you feel like that doesn't work then possibly add something such as "If the seller doesn't request for other users to take vouch copies on the thread then do not post in their thread asking for one" since it also buries other posts on the thread sometimes and doesn't really help users if they are trying to find extra information out about the service such as shipping locations (if they aren't stated on the thread itself) and other things.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity

Purchases

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Butragueno View Post
    Why though?
    If new members ask for vouch copies they could literally just run off with the product as they most likely dont care about it/their MPGH account
    Same obviously goes for reputatable members but usually they are more trustworthy and care about their reputationt here

- - - Updated - - -

@ @ArseneLupin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    https://imgur.com/Dt5MK0U
    In my opinion that seems a bit excessive and it just seems that people like him are just going to try to exploit sellers for free things.
    Honestly this is hilarious
    Same goes for Hydra Jr.
    I am not offending you two guys, your vouches might be good but it´s just funny to me how I(mainly Hydra Jr.) almost only see you asking for vouch copies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to x12 For This Useful Post:

Lupin (07-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm a businessman. I give this community an honor by receiving vouch copies as a vouch from me or someone else with marketplace experience. Also, fyi, I don't only run MPGH's number 1 BTC exchange service but also sell GTA accounts and GTA services in the marketplace and GTA section.

There are plenty of new sellers, people may think that they're dodgy because they're new and their prices are cheap, that's where a vouch copy comes in. I personally like to give honest and detailed reviews of each product

Me, DarkLordXYZ Lunatic's Sheep, Batman and Hydra Jr are all vouched in the marketplace and many people use / have used our services so when potential buyers see a familiar face that they did a good deal with say that someone's legit, the likelyhood of them trusting the new seller goes up pretty high.

tl;dr: git gud

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by ArseneLupin View Post
    I'm a businessman.
    Wow, how amazing! Want a medal?

I don't only run MPGH's number 1 BTC exchange service but also sell GTA accounts and GTA services in the marketplace and GTA section.
    Hardly means anything really. You're still a newbie around here and could easily turn at any point and just scam everyone.

There are plenty of new sellers, people may think that they're dodgy because they're new and their prices are cheap, that's where a vouch copy comes in. I personally like to give honest and detailed reviews of each product
    "New sellers" you say that you've posted on threads that haven't already had vouches. There have been threads that have had quite a few vouches on them and even previous threads that sellers that have had which have shown that they have had vouches, yet you still post on them trying to get free shit out of them.

It's funny how you couldn't give a viable reason why you went on 14 different posts in a 2 hour period and asked for vouch copies the second you pretty much hit 1.5k posts. Also, why the hell do people need to give a vouch copy to you when there is already many people who will take copies such as Hydra Jr and them guys. It just seems like your trying to take advantage of people to gain free shit. It also seems like you're hounding the sellers, if they don't want to give a vouch copy out and they don't state it on the thread then leave them alone.

tl;dr: git gud
    Seems like I exposed you and all you can say is that in order to try to make me get annoyed and pissed off at you.

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity

Purchases

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    Wow, how amazing! Want a medal?

Hardly means anything really. You're still a newbie around here and could easily turn at any point and just scam everyone.

"New sellers" you say that you've posted on threads that haven't already had vouches. There have been threads that have had quite a few vouches on them and even previous threads that sellers that have had which have shown that they have had vouches, yet you still post on them trying to get free shit out of them.

It's funny how you couldn't give a viable reason why you went on 14 different posts in a 2 hour period and asked for vouch copies the second you pretty much hit 1.5k posts. Also, why the hell do people need to give a vouch copy to you when there is already many people who will take copies such as Hydra Jr and them guys. It just seems like your trying to take advantage of people to gain free shit. It also seems like you're hounding the sellers, if they don't want to give a vouch copy out and they don't state it on the thread then leave them alone.

Seems like I exposed you and all you can say is that in order to try to make me get annoyed and pissed off at you.
    Lmao, exposing me? Vouch copies are a product testing system. You make sure their product is as described and give a review of it, simple as. Having a thread with 2 vouches from people who only registered to vouch is hardly called being vouched, I learned that the hard way in the GTA section. As I said before, if someone sees a vouch from me, they will be far more likely to buy the product if they didn't. You're more newbie than I am considering you only come once every few years and just shitpost on PC building threads to get your postcount up. Hardly impressive at all. As I said before, git gud and stop being jealous that you can't get a vouch copy
    Last edited by ArseneLupin; 07-20-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by NiBrA88 View Post

Why though?
    If new members ask for vouch copies they could literally just run off with the product as they most likely dont care about it/their MPGH account
    Same obviously goes for reputatable members but usually they are more trustworthy and care about their reputationt here

- - - Updated - - -

@ @ArseneLupin

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this is hilarious
    Same goes for Hydra Jr.
    I am not offending you two guys, your vouches might be good but it´s just funny to me how I(mainly Hydra Jr.) almost only see you asking for vouch copies
    Sorry for my previous actions, but I honestly do not get many vouch copies now that at least 80% of the vouch copies are from scam businesses. I only search for user services, shops, and ebooks that I actually need. If I don't need it, it would've been requested by the OP of that specific thread.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimchi For This Useful Post:

x12 (07-20-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra Jr. View Post
    Sorry for my previous actions,
    You do you No reason for any excuse here

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by NiBrA88 View Post

You do you No reason for any excuse here
    I'm not going to be like @ArseneLupin arguing about it. lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra Jr. View Post
    I'm not going to be like @ArseneLupin arguing about it. lol
    Well, I just pick out threads that interest me and try and get vouch copies, the OP is just venting out his anger on me because his 4 years on the site amounted to nothing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Right, the key is sellers being more picky about who they give vouches to. If you spam your way to 2k posts, people will know, and those people should never get vouch copies.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosman For This Useful Post:

Harry (07-20-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You're more newbie than I am
    No, not really. Post count or any of the other stats means nothing. I just lurk and look at topics and have done for the past few years. Just because I don't post on things like you do it doesn't mean I'm a newbie.

just shitpost on PC building threads to get your postcount up.
    This made me laugh. If you're looking at the posts from like 3-4 years ago then that's from when i was like 14 years old and didn't know shit about computers. If you're talking about recently then you must obviously must be trying to make an excuse for me attempting to "shitpost" because I'm pretty sure that I haven't made barely any posts in the PC section this year, and if I have then it was more than likely helpful and constructive information.

Well, I just pick out threads that interest me and try and get vouch copies, the OP is just venting out his anger on me because his 4 years on the site amounted to nothing
    As I said before, git gud and stop being jealous that you can't get a vouch copy
    Lmao, I couldn't really give a shit what my post count is like on this forum. If I did care I could've easily gained a way higher post count than your fat ass could in the 4 years I've been on here but you see, I actually have something that's called a life, which involves going somewhere called outside and making a living to occasionally buy things off of the marketplaces and support the sellers on here which is more than what I've ever seen you do.

You also seemed to have diverted away from my original point, most likely in order to try and make me forget about it which was "How come you posted on 14 different posts straight after getting 1.5k posts in such a small time period?"

Suck my nuts

Contact

Steam

Activity

Purchases