HelpDefault knife > any other knife

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Default knife > any other knife
Okay so firstly I am almost certain this is the right section(?)
So my question is, is it possible to change my default knife to any other knife in a demo(?) or is it only possible to fake skins in a real game?
Please don't troll or say anything stupid I understand demo's and how that all works I'm just curios that's all.
ya , i know u can change the default file in your csgo folder
Quote Originally Posted by QuantamQuery View Post
ya , i know u can change the default file in your csgo folder
I read some where that even doing that you can only see the knife in an offline server and doesn't show on demo's, plus skin changers crash the demo for me
Quote Originally Posted by dankm View Post
I read some where that even doing that you can only see the knife in an offline server and doesn't show on demo's, plus skin changers crash the demo for me
Go into your csgo folder, in the csgo folder click on scripts and item. In there should be a notepad file. What you do now is make a copy of the original file and put the original file on the desktop and keep the copied file there. Open the file and there be this huge list of um things. Click on Control + F and in that box enter in "weapon_knife' and click search 3 times. After you are at the location go to model_player and you should see something like models/weapon/default. Delete that line and um use this List and replace it with the knife you want. Do the same for Model_World. When you copy and paste the thing under here make sure to delete the v in weapons/v and replace it with w so it should look like this/w . That is only for the Model_World one i will make a guide on this for the knives
Bayonet - models/weapons/v_knife_bayonet.mdl
Flip Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_flip.mdl
Gut Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_gut.mdl
Karambit - models/weapons/v_knife_karam.mdl
M9 Bayonet - models/weapons/v_knife_m9_bay.mdl
Huntsman Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_tactical.mdl
Butterfly Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_butterfly.mdl
Falchion Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_falchion_advanced.mdl
Shadow Daggers - models/weapons/v_knife_push.mdl
Bowie Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_survival_bowie.mdl
Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Go into your csgo folder, in the csgo folder click on scripts and item. In there should be a notepad file. What you do now is make a copy of the original file and put the original file on the desktop and keep the copied file there. Open the file and there be this huge list of um things. Click on Control + F and in that box enter in "weapon_knife' and click search 3 times. After you are at the location go to model_player and you should see something like models/weapon/default. Delete that line and um use this List and replace it with the knife you want. Do the same for Model_World. When you copy and paste the thing under here make sure to delete the v in weapons/v and replace it with w so it should look like this/w . That is only for the Model_World one i will make a guide on this for the knives
Bayonet - models/weapons/v_knife_bayonet.mdl
Flip Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_flip.mdl
Gut Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_gut.mdl
Karambit - models/weapons/v_knife_karam.mdl
M9 Bayonet - models/weapons/v_knife_m9_bay.mdl
Huntsman Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_tactical.mdl
Butterfly Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_butterfly.mdl
Falchion Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_falchion_advanced.mdl
Shadow Daggers - models/weapons/v_knife_push.mdl
Bowie Knife - models/weapons/v_knife_survival_bowie.mdl
just a quick question I just tried this at first searching 3 times took me too a bunch of different weapon_knife skins and trying to find model_player didnt work at all


EDIT: I legit just tried again and it worked so I found them.. thank you for your help
Quote Originally Posted by dankm View Post
just a quick question I just tried this at first searching 3 times took me too a bunch of different weapon_knife skins and trying to find model_player didnt work at all


EDIT: I legit just tried again and it worked so I found them.. thank you for your help
FYI I made a thread for how to change the T knife side. The new one clearly gives you a better description on how to set it up.Link:http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread...4#post11904734
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?