Windows 10 Language Preferences Help

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
Windows 10 Language Preferences Help
So recently I got a new drive and installed a new windows on it. Windows 10 to be exact.
During the installation I think I messed up and selected the language English (US) instead of English (IE) for Ireland which is where I am.
This mess up gave me a lot of complications which I cannot find any fixes to (apart from reinstalling windows which I do not want to do).

Firstly the start menu looks different and weird.

This is how it used to look like:


This is how it looks like now like wtf:



Secondly I have an English (US) keyboard which does not appear when I go into the Language Preferences which annoys the hell out of me


And overall it's like having a completely different version of Windows.

Is there a way to make it like it used to be without having to format my drive? Like reinstalling windows but selecting the right language and keeping the files like you would go by upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 etc?

Thank you in advance.
So you want to change your language on your windows 10 to? Sorry man, but it's more simple when you just tell us what EXACTLY you want help with.

Thanks!
Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
So you want to change your language on your windows 10 to? Sorry man, but it's more simple when you just tell us what EXACTLY you want help with.

Thanks!
Sorry if I'm being unclear.

Basically I have two things which annoy me when I installed windows on my new drive.

1. I have an English (US) keyboard which I cannot remove. It seems to create itself whenever I launch any game.



2. The Start menu looks different than it used to. I want help with this. First picture shows how I liked it when it was on my old drive. Second picture shows how it is now and it's quite annoying. I would like my start menu to look like it does in the first picture.
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post
1. I have an English (US) keyboard which I cannot remove. It seems to create itself whenever I launch any game.
Windows Error. I have it as well and it's bugging the hell out of me. It exists in W7 and W8(.1) as well. Microsoft is hopefully looking for a solution.


Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post
2. The Start menu looks different than it used to. I want help with this. First picture shows how I liked it when it was on my old drive. Second picture shows how it is now and it's quite annoying. I would like my start menu to look like it does in the first picture.
Have you played around in Settings/Control Panel/Regedit? I've never seen something like that. It looks like a Hybrid between Big Screen and Small Screen.
Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
Windows Error. I have it as well and it's bugging the hell out of me. It exists in W7 and W8(.1) as well. Microsoft is hopefully looking for a solution.



Have you played around in Settings/Control Panel/Regedit? I've never seen something like that. It looks like a Hybrid between Big Screen and Small Screen.
I have literally searched through everything Start Menu related in settings and on Google. Can't find anything that could help :/
There was recently a update for Windows 10, which was anniversary upgrade for your Windows, that is why your start menu looks like this now, than what it used to be. If you don't want the upgrade, then I'm sure you can invert to older version.
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
There was recently a update for Windows 10, which was anniversary upgrade for your Windows, that is why your start menu looks like this now, than what it used to be. If you don't want the upgrade, then I'm sure you can invert to older version.
Thank's for the info man. Would you maybe know how I could do that? I'm honestly sick of reinstalling all my applications and I don't want to break anything. If it's not possible to revert back without it affecting any programs / settings then I guess I shall stick with this ugly start menu.
Thanks in advance
Open a start menu > gear > update & security > recovery > "Go back to an earlier build" :P

You can keep your files, but some may reset, so watch out :P
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Open a start menu > gear > update & security > recovery > "Go back to an earlier build" :P

You can keep your files, but some may reset, so watch out :P
It appears that I do not have that option. I think it's because the first Windows 10 update I had on the new drive already included the new shitey Start Menu therefore I can't go to a build I didn't have before :/

Any other suggestions?
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post

It appears that I do not have that option. I think it's because the first Windows 10 update I had on the new drive already included the new shitey Start Menu therefore I can't go to a build I didn't have before :/

Any other suggestions?
Sadly, I do not have any other suggestions as of yet, however I think downloading a pirated version of Windows 10 may also help you, idk tho...
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post

It appears that I do not have that option. I think it's because the first Windows 10 update I had on the new drive already included the new shitey Start Menu therefore I can't go to a build I didn't have before :/

Any other suggestions?
If deleting a specific windows Update is what you want to do, that's possible. Just figure out which one it was @Venom

To uninstall it
>go to settings
>click update and security
>click Windows Update
>click on Advanced Options
>click on View your Update History
>click on Uninstall updates
>Uninstall the update.


(picture is from my tutorial thread on fixing white screen flash trainers)


Also if this is a virus, then you need to get something to scan for rootkits. I suggest: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-anti-rootkit/ (Bleepingcomputer is a credible site for specific anti-virus software, everyone uses it) Also mke sure to follow the tutorial on the page for fully getting rid of the virus if you have one.
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
If deleting a specific windows Update is what you want to do, that's possible. Just figure out which one it was @Mystical

To uninstall it
>go to settings
>click update and security
>click Windows Update
>click on Advanced Options
>click on View your Update History
>click on Uninstall updates
>Uninstall the update.


(picture is from my tutorial thread on fixing white screen flash trainers)


Also if this is a virus, then you need to get something to scan for rootkits. I suggest: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-anti-rootkit/ (Bleepingcomputer is a credible site for specific anti-virus software, everyone uses it) Also mke sure to follow the tutorial on the page for fully getting rid of the virus if you have one.
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately the update I need to roll back is not here since there was an update after that which was the very first update my windows experienced therefore I can't uninstall an update I never had. I honestly have lost all hope and I think I will have to deal with this "NEW" shitey start menu.

Also I'm sure it's not a virus since new drive and only programs I have installed are trusted ones like Steam, Skype, Malwarebytes, Google Chrome etc.
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Sadly, I do not have any other suggestions as of yet, however I think downloading a pirated version of Windows 10 may also help you, idk tho...
It sadly won't help at all, if anything, it may lead to problems with certain files and apps refusing to work. Windows 10 is a Service and Microsoft can Remote Access your PC. It'll be kind of fishy for them to see a PC Running W10 without/with a cracked Product ID Number. They'll probably close that PC down in an instant I suppose.


Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post
Any other suggestions?
I personally disliked the W10 Start Menu and got Classic Shell, it does a absolutely fantastic job of getting rid of the ugly menu screen of W10 and instead replaces it with however you wish to. I personally have made it Windows 7-ish but Metro-Style so that it works in harmony with all the modern aspects of W10. You should definitely check it out, it's highly customization and always allows you to go back to the standard menu.
Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
It sadly won't help at all, if anything, it may lead to problems with certain files and apps refusing to work. Windows 10 is a Service and Microsoft can Remote Access your PC. It'll be kind of fishy for them to see a PC Running W10 without/with a cracked Product ID Number. They'll probably close that PC down in an instant I suppose.



I personally disliked the W10 Start Menu and got Classic Shell, it does a absolutely fantastic job of getting rid of the ugly menu screen of W10 and instead replaces it with however you wish to. I personally have made it Windows 7-ish but Metro-Style so that it works in harmony with all the modern aspects of W10. You should definitely check it out, it's highly customization and always allows you to go back to the standard menu.
I've been running a cracked Windows 10 since it was released, haven't had a single problem thus far.. And yes I guess they could "remotely" access your PC without your consent / permission, but it has been on your Windows since Windows XP and you didn't even realize.
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post
Unfortunately the update I need to roll back is not here since there was an update after that which was the very first update my windows experienced therefore I can't uninstall an update I never had. I honestly have lost all hope and I think I will have to deal with this "NEW" shitey start menu.
And even so, the Anniversary Update is like a Service Pack 2, so it's super tedious to remove it. And even so, I'd just use ClassicShell or get used to it. The advantages with 'SP2' is quite nice. Have yet to experience it on my main machine, though.


Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
And yes I guess they could "remotely" access your PC without your consent / permission, but it has been on your Windows since Windows XP and you didn't even realize
True that. It's only natural to know that each and every OS has a RDP Backdoor for whatever reason.
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?