Deadly Swamp

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Deadly Swamp
I would like to hear your opinions on the dungeon. I will release it on here later on when I can post images and virus links scans, what you see is a preview and might (probably will) differ quite a bit from the final version. On the released version the following things will be included: XML, Behavior, Map and Sprites.
I'm not an advanced behavior maker as I don't make them too often, but I do enjoy doing so.

www youtube com/watch?v=Xa22URVOnzg
Okay. It's not great, but it's better than what most people around here call "dungeons". Your dungeon has no exploration mechanic from what I see. I'll let this pass seeing as you wanted to showcase just the boss for now. The aesthetics match some awful-looking puke, which is what I suppose you were aiming for.

Now, for the boss. It's not very dynamic. You have a mostly-immobile boss that's almost always unhittable surrounded by harass-heavy minions. The general idea of what you've given me about this boss is that it's punishing for low-range classes, especially the dagger-kind which have neither range nor defense to stay in the zone of harass. I'm not a huge fan of invisible enemies that chase you (the only way I could see them was by the shadows, and that's not exactly an excuse to make an enemy invisible).

You also want to avoid making "really easy parts" when you're making a difficult boss. Periods of shifting high power and low power are good for getting basic dynamics, but when you make the boss purposely miss the player, it's just insulting.

I would give you a 3/10. But to ease your conscious, 3/10 is better than what most people here can do. I'll give you the "MPGH-considered" re-rank of 6.5/10.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post
Okay. It's not great, but it's better than what most people around here call "dungeons". Your dungeon has no exploration mechanic from what I see. I'll let this pass seeing as you wanted to showcase just the boss for now. The aesthetics match some awful-looking puke, which is what I suppose you were aiming for.

Now, for the boss. It's not very dynamic. You have a mostly-immobile boss that's almost always unhittable surrounded by harass-heavy minions. The general idea of what you've given me about this boss is that it's punishing for low-range classes, especially the dagger-kind which have neither range nor defense to stay in the zone of harass. I'm not a huge fan of invisible enemies that chase you (the only way I could see them was by the shadows, and that's not exactly an excuse to make an enemy invisible).

You also want to avoid making "really easy parts" when you're making a difficult boss. Periods of shifting high power and low power are good for getting basic dynamics, but when you make the boss purposely miss the player, it's just insulting.

I would give you a 3/10. But to ease your conscious, 3/10 is better than what most people here can do. I'll give you the "MPGH-considered" re-rank of 6.5/10.
Straight savage, no doubts about it.
Quote Originally Posted by Lxys View Post
Straight savage, no doubts about it.
I think that's good, it's good feedback, I wouldn't call giving good criticism being savage.
Quote Originally Posted by ViciousFate View Post
I think that's good, it's good feedback, I wouldn't call giving good criticism being savage.
I'd give it a fuck all out of 10
It's a good behavior! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the finished one
2/10 not enough Shrek added to the swamp.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?