I programmed my balls

Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
I programmed my balls
NOTE: This is collision detection, NOT physics. Physics accounts for speed, mass, and momentum, It also saves the state of all the objects and calculates changes in speed and direction of objects based on these factors.
What this program does is reverse directions on collisions. It does not account for changes in speed of the colliding objects. Also some of collisions are weird because of the frame rate. There are many instances where a ball won't indicate a hit, because it seemed as if it didn't hit becaus the framerate was too slow to capture it.

Here it is:

Lol I never used this one before weee!
I might add physics later on, while I'm learning how to add audio to it... just for fun. What's really tough is just keeping this thing organized. I think I might make it so that the physics function calculates all the collisions and then, moves the balls as it sees fit, but there are still a lot of details to figure out...
Collision_Test.rarattachment deleted · 19 downloads before removal
Error creating d3d device o.o
ya same error
I came into this thread thinking: "LOL GENITALS" and all I get is a stupid error.

That's really a disappointment.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
I came into this thread thinking: "LOL GENITALS" and all I get is a stupid error.

That's really a disappointment.
What? eh?.... Why doesn't it work for you all! D; Works for me... maybe it's the screen definition idk... one sec.

EDIT: Here maybe this low-def one will work D: IDK!
Collision_Test.rarattachment deleted · 12 downloads before removal
Same error xD
i get different error, missing d3dx9_##.dll forget number :P

I still get same error on that as well and the number is 42
Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
As the errors say. The compiler/Linker cannot find d3d9.h
Omg I know the problem! I need to compile it in release mode. One sec!

Quote Originally Posted by ~InsaneWayne~ View Post
TY for advice Im Going To Try It Now
Wait! I don't know how to do that... =/

Hmmm... maybe there's a way to make this auto-adjust to screen sizes, because the second one just worked for zeco....
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Oh wow. I'm touched... you would do that for me...?
*wipes tears from eyes*

My balls should look work much better now. I will edit them and show you
*walks in*
Hey guys, what's goi...
*jaw drops*
ehmm ok.. i'll be going now and let you lovebirds tend to Why's balls....
*slowly backs out*

Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
*walks in*
Hey guys, what's goi...
*jaw drops*
ehmm ok.. i'll be going now and let you lovebirds tend to Why's balls....
*slowly backs out*

You motherf***** XD
I only wrote the paper to make sure he knows how much frames he has left before he gets hit in the nuts o__O
Hey guys I got it working. Look:

BA you can take a look too. I know you want to!
Collision_Test.rarattachment deleted · 13 downloads before removal
Your balls look much better, but it seems they got a bit smaller than before.

They still work pretty well, though. Size doesn't matter, it's how you use them.
Did he just say why's balls got smaller after using them?

Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us