First pserver with time changing nexus

Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
First pserver with time changing nexus
This wasn't that bad to make, took only a couple hours but it sure was worth it
Pretty sure its just done with a setpiece, as i saw the Nexus MapChanger object in the xmls xd
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
Pretty sure its just done with a setpiece, as i saw the Nexus MapChanger object in the xmls xd
Lol no that is not how I did it. Actually, I didn't use a mapchanger object or anything like that at all
Quote Originally Posted by B3CLAWED View Post
Lol no that is not how I did it. Actually, I didn't use a mapchanger object or anything like that at all
i wonder what prod uses the nexus mapchanger object to then. xd
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
i wonder what prod uses the nexus mapchanger object to then. xd
The system they use is probably completely different, but for me I just made a couple custom functions in Nexus.cs and in World.cs and that's really all
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
i wonder what prod uses the nexus mapchanger object to then. xd
Quote Originally Posted by B3CLAWED View Post
This wasn't that bad to make, took only a couple hours but it sure was worth it
This is taking dynamic to another level lol. Maybe make map constantly update somehow (like full map instead of what you actually see) cause it looks kinda weird rn.
Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLoverMx View Post
This is taking dynamic to another level lol. Maybe make map constantly update somehow (like full map instead of what you actually see) cause it looks kinda weird rn.
That is what it does, but because he stayed in nexus while it changed, the client had to reload, the new tiles, and entities. It's gonna be the exact same on prod. And why would you update it constantly? That would also just stress the server.. Its perfect as it is.
Quote Originally Posted by lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn View Post
That is what it does, but because he stayed in nexus while it changed, the client had to reload, the new tiles, and entities. It's gonna be the exact same on prod. And why would you update it constantly? That would also just stress the server.. Its perfect as it is.
This looks normal to you? Oh
Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLoverMx View Post
This looks normal to you? Oh
you dont load the whole map at once, you only update what you see in the radius of your sight. Even prod looks like this, so his works just as good.
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaarupBirk View Post
you dont load the whole map at once, you only update what you see in the radius of your sight. Even prod looks like this, so his works just as good.
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm not saying 'its worse than prod' and stop comparing everything to prod -.- im just saying that makes it looks weird. Even though there might be no fix it still does, thats all I'm saying.
Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLoverMx View Post
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm not saying 'its worse than prod' and stop comparing everything to prod -.- im just saying that makes it looks weird. Even though there might be no fix it still does, thats all I'm saying.
This is a feature from prod, so I don't see why it shouldn't be compared ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's nice either way, to make it update dynamically (the whole map), you could simply update each tile that has already been added to "tiles"
Quote Originally Posted by sgrawsreghawrhgwrhgr View Post
This is a feature from prod, so I don't see why it shouldn't be compared ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's nice either way, to make it update dynamically (the whole map), you could simply update each tile that has already been added to "tiles"
My idea was trying to change contrast on map or whatever to make the tiles darker and do that on a timer.
add interactive object in nexus that lets people vote for what the nexus will be for the day/week/month/whatever
show like a png snippet of each map so people can get a feel of what each one looks like so they know what they wanna vote for, and give em elite names
~~2 years ago ossi made this before all xD
Weather System?
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us