Arrow[Question] Some really funky code.

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
[Question] Some really funky code.
Hey guys,

I'm trying to make and auto-click tester (virtually useless i know) while trying out some new code in VB08. I'm trying to store a variable in Form1----

---- that can be used in form3.----

----But every time i try to press the "Retry" button, the variable doesn't reset. it keeps the same value. Here's what i have the variable set as.----

----The value of the variable should change each time based of how many times a person clicked. But it keeps storing the value of the first time i used it. (I.E. you complete it once, get a result, retry, get the same result even though u clicked a diff amount of times.)

Does anyone know what type of code to use to help me get the retry button working?
I have no idea what this is for,
but use my windows live and I'll see if I can do anything to help:

PixieCorp@live.com
Change the scope to User and make sure the Button "Reset" actually does something?
Quote Originally Posted by SPittn_Blood View Post
Change the scope to User and make sure the Button "Reset" actually does something?
Yeah cus i'm retarded enough NOT to code an important button. if your gonna try to help. Think of a good answer.
Quote Originally Posted by Heroblind View Post
Yeah cus i'm retarded enough NOT to code an important button. if your gonna try to help. Think of a good answer.
Your the one changing it to "Application" and "String" -.-
Why did you set it as string?

Set it as an integer and post your code or PM it to Pixie or I.
I think this is for a clicking game...like the how fast u can click in 30 seconds on facebook
if you wanna clear your settings
Code:
        My.Settings.strClick = 0
First off all change "Application" into "User"
Second off all change "String" into "Integer"


Increase the variable by 1:
My.Settings.strClick += 1

Empty the variable:
My.Settings.strClick = 0

I couldn't possible explain it any easier
Quote Originally Posted by Erinador View Post
First off all change "Application" into "User"
Second off all change "String" into "Integer"


Increase the variable by 1:
My.Settings.strClick += 1

Empty the variable:
My.Settings.strClick = 0

I couldn't possible explain it any easier
Thank you!!!! i'd say i love you, but that would be weird. But that statement on the end hurt my feelings.
Quote Originally Posted by Heroblind View Post
Thank you!!!! i'd say i love you, but that would be weird. But that statement on the end hurt my feelings.
Sowwy, o_o

And you can always use to thanks button to thank me
Quote Originally Posted by Erinador View Post
Sowwy, o_o

And you can always use to thanks button to thank me
I clicked teh tanks. But i got one problem. it still happens. Whenever I put the code "My.Settings.in***icks = 0," It never resets. I have the setting set for Integer and User. Click is +=1. But the variable still doesn't reset itself.
my.settings.reload -.-
then make it

label.text = my.settings.clicks
it may help if you post the variable you are trying to use now
Try using My.Settings.Save after you've reset
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?