PostDiscussionWhen will CSGO die?

Posts 1–15 of 48 · Page 1 of 4
When will CSGO die?
We've all seen that there aren't as many players on Counter-Strike as they used to be. That's mainly because the Steam trades that destroyed all the betting and trading ecosystem and because of PUBG and Fortnite that took over.

When do you think CSGO will be officially dead? Is it worth for me starting playing competitive again?
Probably not anytime soon. Counter strike source is from 2004 and isn't technically dead.
Well atm you can see real CS:GO players and not only skin show-off dudes. I'm playing CS:GO less than before, because I'm working and studying. I don't think this game will die anytime soon. We are still waiting for the new Valve Engine to come and be implemented. Valve will find a way to bring people back, PROBABLY. If you are playing for fun, what's the matter to still play this game? If you want to do money while playing, it's not the right time...
I'm happy with the current state of csgo. players really do play, and there are a lot less trolls, afk and so on. Maybe it's from the new matchmaking system. Also the novas are so much better than they were 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by StilianBG View Post
Well atm you can see real CS:GO players and not only skin show-off dudes. I'm playing CS:GO less than before, because I'm working and studying. I don't think this game will die anytime soon. We are still waiting for the new Valve Engine to come and be implemented. Valve will find a way to bring people back, PROBABLY. If you are playing for fun, what's the matter to still play this game? If you want to do money while playing, it's not the right time...
Who Cares? Plenty Of People Play For Fun, Others Go To Pay2Play Crap Like ESEA.
A lot of people still play the game so ..
Never. Not untill a new csgo is released by valve
What DankPotato said, theyr making ton of money from skins, operations, i dont think a new csgo is coming until 2022/23 ?
are they still making money out of that? thought people aren't buying those anymore
Quote Originally Posted by csPlayer View Post
What DankPotato said, theyr making ton of money from skins, operations, i dont think a new csgo is coming until 2022/23 ?
I don't think it will be dying dude.

When I play CS:GO at non-peak times, I get a game within 5-10 minutes.

During the same time, PUBG takes 1hr+ while Fortnite will take 10-15 minutes.

At peak time, PUBG in squads still takes 1hr while in solo takes 10 minutes. Fortnite in all modes takes 10 seconds-3 minutes while CS:GO takes 5 seconds-3 minutes.

Looking at what I'm seeing in Australia, I can say it isn't dying in the Oceania region.
Quote Originally Posted by IchBinRecycleBin View Post
thought people aren't buying those anymore
Dude There's Still Even Silvers Buying Keys And Cases Just To Open A Bunch Of Them.
Some Kid Got $103 Gloves At The Start Of A Comp I Was In, Said He Opened A Lot Of Cases.
Quote Originally Posted by IchBinRecycleBin View Post
We've all seen that there aren't as many players on Counter-Strike as they used to be. That's mainly because the Steam trades that destroyed all the betting and trading ecosystem and because of PUBG and Fortnite that took over.

When do you think CSGO will be officially dead? Is it worth for me starting playing competitive again?
What LMAO???

CS:GO player base literally barely dropped, but happens with every game. Just less than 1-3 months ago there was like 600k peak? Pretty much been the average ever since, other than the spikes that happens during majors.
Quote Originally Posted by Fregi View Post
What LMAO???

CS:GO player base literally barely dropped, but happens with every game. Just less than 1-3 months ago there was like 600k peak? Pretty much been the average ever since, other than the spikes that happens during majors.
I really like the way the community is right now. The ranking up system is a lot slower than it used to be several years ago but it’s fine. Still decent
l0l
maybe next CS come
Quote Originally Posted by CuteWisp View Post
maybe next CS come
it will be at least another 3-4 years until another CS will come. It only appeared in 2012
Posts 1–15 of 48 · Page 1 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us