Incorporating C#

Posts 1–15 of 36 · Page 1 of 3
Incorporating C#
Ah... it feels good to be back active on the forums again. Anyway I was wondering wether this whole C/C++ concept is getting a bit old. C# is taking off, and its definitely more popular then C++ I would say. I think This forum should work on including C# code as well as C++. Im even thinking of requesting a change to the forum title. We have already had quite a bit of discussion about C# and I don't see the harm in it.
That'd be pretty cool, it'd definitly get more people active in this section.
This is a pretty good idea seeing how dead this section is atm, lol.
I'm pretty sure C++ is still much more popular then C#. But anyway, i'm not sure. But yes, good idea.
I say no, keep it the way it is! The longer we keep C# safe from 11y/o kids the better. I do not want C# to end up like VB
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Daddy View Post
I say no, keep it the way it is! The longer we keep C# safe from 11y/o kids the better. I do not want C# to end up like VB
hmmm. . . I think C# is sufficiently sophisticated to scare off noobs. Plus they probably can't tell the difference between C++ and C#. Heck even if all the VBfags moved to C# i would be happy that no-one uses VB anymore. . . The existence of VB offends me.


Hmm I usually do not display such a strong tone in a post. Oh well.
Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
hmmm. . . I think C# is sufficiently sophisticated to scare off noobs. Plus they probably can't tell the difference between C++ and C#. Heck even if all the VBfags moved to C# i would be happy that no-one uses VB anymore. . . The existence of VB offends me.


Hmm I usually do not display such a strong tone in a post. Oh well.
What he said. Perhaps we should start a program to convert VBfags. What do you feel the possibility of success is HD?
Why, I suggest you try it out for a few weeks, if it seems to get out of control, and people act like VBfags, then obviously a bad idea? :T

But if it turns out to be a success then keep it the way it is.
C++ is definitely more popular than C# for sure, and it goes to saying that if you know C++ well, you are probably the person that would know C# like a genius. Read that somewhere. Anyways... I agree than VB makes me puke, it's un-programmery. :P
Quote Originally Posted by maholain View Post
C++ is definitely more popular than C# for sure, and it goes to saying that if you know C++ well, you are probably the person that would know C# like a genius. Read that somewhere. Anyways... I agree than VB makes me puke, it's un-programmery. :P

ehm depends and no, but totally agree with the last statement

C# Is more popular for developing Windows Desktop apps than C++ nowadays - especially in the business world. Though obviously for games (thus hacking) C++ still reigns supreme.

Also C++ and C# are sufficiently different where I know plenty of people who are great at C++ but don't know anything about C#, or are even having a hard time getting started with it (and vice-versa). Also of course I mean "great" in real-life with a 10+ year resume & work history in C++, not the 'omg i s0 l33tz yall!' think they're great-but really suck type that are so common around here

But people already post some C# questions here, so I'd say let's just welcome those
Remember, C# is stuck with a VM wherever it goes. There are still many places applications can operate, where they can't bring along a VM.
yeah lol do a mass conversion program!
brainwash them to join the correct and only path to salvation -- C#

OT:
any idea how i should start hacking MW2? getting it soon lol
Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
yeah lol do a mass conversion program!
brainwash them to join the correct and only path to salvation -- C#

OT:
any idea how i should start hacking MW2? getting it soon lol
Dont mess with the steam version unless you're willing to repay 60 bucks :P
sure, why not..

and its a language just like every others
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Ah... it feels good to be back active on the forums again. Anyway I was wondering wether this whole C/C++ concept is getting a bit old. C# is taking off, and its definitely more popular then C++ I would say. I think This forum should work on including C# code as well as C++. Im even thinking of requesting a change to the forum title. We have already had quite a bit of discussion about C# and I don't see the harm in it.
i agree.
C# is boss

unless your doing work outisde of the windows platform.. then its not so boss. but really, who is going to be programming on a mac or linux really? theres not much need to. im never going to own a mac. and i dont feel like using linux.
Posts 1–15 of 36 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us