PHP Functions

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
PHP Functions
So I bought some webhosting here, and a ticket I submitted hasn't had a response yet. I'm trying to enable some PHP functions required for the forums software I have installed, but I just don't know how to do it. Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Anyone able to help? Also, not sure if this should go here, but it seems like it kinda fits. If not oh well.
Are you getting some kind of error?

What PHP version does the server run?
Quote Originally Posted by Het_Beest View Post
Are you getting some kind of error?

What PHP version does the server run?
They seem to be running PHP 5.6.40, but I've just updated it to 7.1.29. What should I be doing in the first place to enable PHP functions? My previous host had the same problem and I also had to contact them to help me out with it. Not entirely sure what they did though.
Quote Originally Posted by anonymouss3221 View Post
They seem to be running PHP 5.6.40, but I've just updated it to 7.1.29. What should I be doing in the first place to enable PHP functions? My previous host had the same problem and I also had to contact them to help me out with it. Not entirely sure what they did though.
I know CPanel has some PHP extentions you can activate



Not sure if you're looking for something like this?
Quote Originally Posted by Het_Beest View Post
I know CPanel has some PHP extentions you can activate



Not sure if you're looking for something like this?
After looking into it a little bit, that does seem to be what I'm looking for, but the functions I need enabled are exec and proc_open I believe. Which extension contains those?
Quote Originally Posted by anonymouss3221 View Post
After looking into it a little bit, that does seem to be what I'm looking for, but the functions I need enabled are exec and proc_open I believe. Which extension contains those?
For the exec and proc_open you need to be in the php.ini

If you can access this file, you need to search for;

disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open
Remove the exec and proc_open
Quote Originally Posted by Het_Beest View Post
For the exec and proc_open you need to be in the php.ini

If you can access this file, you need to search for;



Remove the exec and proc_open
Huh. I guess I must just not have access to it then. That sucks.
Quote Originally Posted by anonymouss3221 View Post
Huh. I guess I must just not have access to it then. That sucks.
can u access the server via some kind of remotedesktop? also on wich operating system is ur server running?
If you got access to php ini file, there should be an array of disabled functions. Generally by default, its empty.
if u can access search for this disable_functions = show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?