Item & Inventory System

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Item & Inventory System
Hello, i've been working on this thing. I can't find a good tutorial about this, And I don't think my code is the right thing to do this.


I have created a UI inventory and placed the item on it, and it checks if the slot is available to not,


This method is really stupid, any idea.
Not bad for simple inventory UI and code.


Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
Not bad for simple inventory UI and code.


It doesn't really show the whole code of the inventory, all he does was to show the UI of it, items should be special.
Quote Originally Posted by Jhem View Post
It doesn't really show the whole code of the inventory, all he does was to show the UI of it, items should be special.
Pretty sure setting up the actual items is in the previous/next episode of the series. The items/equipment in his system is setup using ScriptableObject.
Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
Pretty sure setting up the actual items is in the previous/next episode of the series. The items/equipment in his system is setup using ScriptableObject.
I am using ScriptableObject for my item too, pretty much exactly the same.
Quote Originally Posted by Jhem View Post


I am using ScriptableObject for my item too, pretty much exactly the same.
Oh you mean to say you want an alternative solution to that? I was working on something earlier too, and I really hate the idea of having to map everything through the editor. I've been using DOTS (ECS) a lot lately, I'm basically in love.

But another new thing that's still in preview is the Addressable Asset System. Perhaps this will be better suited to your liking. Of course, this would be a replacement to the ScriptableObject system you're using for your items.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/co...ual/index.html

https://github.com/Unity-Technologie...ssables-Sample

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post


Oh you mean to say you want an alternative solution to that? I was working on something earlier too, and I really hate the idea of having to map everything through the editor. I've been using DOTS (ECS) a lot lately, I'm basically in love.

But another new thing that's still in preview is the Addressable Asset System. Perhaps this will be better suited to your liking. Of course, this would be a replacement to the ScriptableObject system you're using for your items.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/co...ual/index.html

https://github.com/Unity-Technologie...ssables-Sample

Great, I'll read it, thank you.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us