Issues with Motivation

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Issues with Motivation
Hey there,

The past year I've been unable to get motivated to get back into my programming or I'd be making some nice game hacks. I've honestly just felt 0 motivation, I work, I go home, I sit there with 0 motivation, or I go out and hang with friends.
What do you guys do to help with motivation?
I don't think that's particularly a problem in this case. Seems like your priorities are in order. Sometimes you just don't feel like doing something, for whatever reason.
Look at other people's work~
*Woaahhh the work is really amazing
It made me to work harder than them
tbh i've come to terms these days that motivation comes from within and not from anything else.
Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Discipline > Motivation
Excuse me, sheep, I think you mean both xd
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post


Excuse me, sheep, I think you mean both xd
Motivation is temporary, it'll give you small bursts of energy of where you want to do something. Discipline is doing something even though you don't want to do it. Fuck motivation.
If you're not motivated it's maybe just because you don't want to do it, and you shouldn't force yourself.
Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Motivation is temporary, it'll give you small bursts of energy of where you want to do something. Discipline is doing something even though you don't want to do it. Fuck motivation.
This is something I have been trying, I've just noticed that my code gets a lot messier, it's harder to focus and think, and I get a lot more stumped. My programming becomes far less effective, is there any trick to discipline without these drawbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
If you're not motivated it's maybe just because you don't want to do it, and you shouldn't force yourself.
I have a tendancy of biting off more than I can chew, and ending up with 50 or so half finished projects as I jump to new ideas and keep starting new things. I just feel like things aren't getting done, I am wasting time that I could be learning more, practicing more, building more and its stressing me out more and the cycle begins again.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonce View Post
Look at other people's work~
*Woaahhh the work is really amazing
It made me to work harder than them
I have tried, but it tends to just discourage me and put myself down, I start feeling like everyone else is better than me, that they can do it and I can't for some reason. I start to imagine that It'd be real easy for them to do these things I struggle with, and when I do find myself stumped I can't even find help. I swear It'd almost be relieving to just find some programmers ranting thread to not feel so alone with these issues.
Meditation can help you with focusing and with the lack of motivation.
You could try taking a short break from all the coding etc and focus on other stuff for a while such as going out more, maybe working out if you like it and so on.
A short break works for me
If you need motivation with cheats, take a break, do other things, make something better than others! and enjoy what community will say about it!
Life is too easy, that's why you have no motivation. Either discipline yourself or you're fucked.
See people's creation. Think that you can add a feature, Think that you can do better at coding. Think of doing the ++ of the other people's shit. That's would help.
Sometime's you just need a change in life to obtain motivation
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us