QuestionHelpFriends implementation [ as3 FSOD ]

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Friends implementation [ as3 FSOD ]
So this title says it all I wanted to know what it takes to implement friends on my client when its alreadly in the client.




I looked at it and wondered if its needing the database part written or the server side or both.
anyone got any feedback or suggestions please help.
If I remember correctly, the old friend lists are handled completely via app requests, so just look at the logs of your server to see what requests are being unhandled, print the query results, and go from there
Quote Originally Posted by SSkilly View Post
If I remember correctly, the old friend lists are handled completely via app requests, so just look at the logs of your server to see what requests are being unhandled, print the query results, and go from there
Thanks Ill try this ! also when you say app requests where would I look for that?, secondly When I look at the server logs they dont say anything?

P.s. First thanks


- - - Updated - - -

update so I found this when the client finished loading in plus its making a proper request.
2019-12-27 13:24:03,571 [6] INFO Server - Request "/friends/getList" from: 127.0.0.1:53126
2019-12-27 13:24:04,010 [6] INFO Server - Request "/sfx/monster/default_death.mp3" from: 127.0.0.1:53125
2019-12-27 13:24:04,010 [6] INFO Server - Request "/sfx/monster/default_hit.mp3" from: 127.0.0.1:53126
2019-12-27 13:24:04,489 [6] INFO Server - Request "/sfx/magicShoot.mp3" from: 127.0.0.1:53137
2019-12-27 13:24:06,847 [6] INFO Server - Request "/friends/requestFriend" from: 127.0.0.1:53137
2019-12-27 13:24:08,308 [6] INFO Server - Request "/friends/requestFriend" from: 127.0.0.1:53126
2019-12-27 13:24:41,297 [6] INFO Server - Request "/friends/requestFriend" from: 127.0.0.1:53137
2019-12-27 13:24:45,338 [6] INFO Server - Request "/friends/requestFriend" from: 127.0.0.1:53126

this is from server.exe
Now you just need to log the query. Can't recall how'd you do that exactly, but something like this should be sufficient:
Code:
foreach (var i in Query.AllKeys)
{
    log($"{i}:{Query[i]}"); //this should give you the key and value of all data sent with the request
}
Make a class for the requests (just like all other requests do, assuming that this is FSOD), and then use the code above to print the query data into the console, might need to change the log to something else, can also use Console.WriteLine().
[I]
Quote Originally Posted by SSkilly View Post
Now you just need to log the query. Can't recall how'd you do that exactly, but something like this should be sufficient:
Code:
foreach (var i in Query.AllKeys)
{
    log($"{i}:{Query}"); //this should give you the key and value of all data sent with the request
}


Make a class for the requests (just like all other requests do, assuming that this is FSOD), and then use the code above to print the query data into the console, might need to change the log to something else, can also use Console.WriteLine().


does this need to go RequestHandler.cs?
Quote Originally Posted by bog624 View Post


does this need to go RequestHandler.cs?
You can put it there, that would log the queries of all received requests. If you only want to log the query sent by friendlist related requests, make handlers for those and put that code in their handle functions
Quote Originally Posted by SSkilly View Post
You can put it there, that would log the queries of all received requests. If you only want to log the query sent by friendlist related requests, make handlers for those and put that code in their handle functions
still lost can you help me ;-;
Quote Originally Posted by bog624 View Post


still lost can you help me ;-;
Make a new request handler for the request you want to log. In your server, you see requests like char/list.cs, make your custom ones for that.

In general though, I really don't recommend spending time trying to add this friendlists feature, it's practically useless, even more so since it's the old version, not the new DECA one. If you want to learn adding features & things like that then I think it's much better to just make a feature from scratch, you'll add something you actually want, and something that's actually useful :P.
yeah I agree with skilly, even if you were to host a server with a fully functioning friends list, not much people would use it so its no point in adding more requests to a shitty source that can barely handle the amount of requests it already has to handle xD, people just lock their friends and have their friends in a guild, friends list was never something that fit in rotmg imo since guilds existed I always thought it was pointless, I think prod should have added a Inbox system (leaving messages to someone and they can read next time they come online) like what NR had instead of wasting their time on a friends system.

you can also GitHub-scavenge, im sure out of all the 100+ edited fsod sources out there one of em has to have a finished friends list xD
copy pasta is not the best but it still helps the person learn somewhat

or you can just do what skilly said, even tho I understand it may seem confusing from someone who doesn't have a clue on how the requests are sent and received , but trial and error is a great way to learn as well
Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
yeah I agree with skilly, even if you were to host a server with a fully functioning friends list, not much people would use it so its no point in adding more requests to a shitty source that can barely handle the amount of requests it already has to handle xD, people just lock their friends and have their friends in a guild, friends list was never something that fit in rotmg imo since guilds existed I always thought it was pointless, I think prod should have added a Inbox system (leaving messages to someone and they can read next time they come online) like what NR had instead of wasting their time on a friends system.

you can also GitHub-scavenge, im sure out of all the 100+ edited fsod sources out there one of em has to have a finished friends list xD
copy pasta is not the best but it still helps the person learn somewhat

or you can just do what skilly said, even tho I understand it may seem confusing from someone who doesn't have a clue on how the requests are sent and received , but trial and error is a great way to learn as well
Thanks for this !
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us