Biggest mistakes you made during the December 2017 BTC bull run to $20,000

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Biggest mistakes you made during the December 2017 BTC bull run to $20,000
The halving is coming up and there may be a chance that we see a bull run again if history repeats itself. List out the biggest mistakes you made during the pre-bull run, bull run and post-bull-run period so we don't make the same mistakes again.

  • Hot hand Fallacy - As this was the first time I was trading in a massive bull run, I believed, its going up, so it will keep going up. When it went down, I thought, it will come back up again (it didn't).
  • Looking and short term trades - I was more focused on Buying $1 now and making $1.05 in a day. Very difficult to trade like this without bots and algorithms trading for you.
  • Looking and Linear scale graphs rather than log scale graphs - Tying into the point above, I was looking at the smaller picture rather than the bigger picture. When I did look a the bigger picture, I was in linear scale, and it made me think bitcoin will go to a million.
  • Happiness - The thought of how much money I made made me so happy that I ignored common sense. What goes up must come down. I was tied by the hot hand fallacy.
  • Focused on BTC - I was so focused on BTC (because thats what people and media kept talking about). When I should haven thrown cash and shit coins in the 10-50 market cap rank range as LOTTERY tickets. They were the huge gainers. For some reason my only lottery coin I bought was reddcoin and it paid off 20x


If I think of more, I will post them. These were my biggest ones, what were yours?
This is my biggest mistake

Focused on BTC - I was so focused on BTC (because thats what people and media kept talking about). When I should haven thrown cash and shit coins in the 10-50 market cap rank range as LOTTE

You said it all man
im pretty sure it was dec of 2017 not 2018
Quote Originally Posted by DVGay View Post
im pretty sure it was dec of 2017 not 2018
Oh yes, you are right.
I invested in Cardano (ADA) and it smashed me very hard you can check the ada 2017 dec - recent if you are interested in my story
I spent all of it before
i Hope it reaches to that point again.
Being to greedy
Invested a lot in that shit coin called Tron when it was 0.15 you complete the rest
Well, I am not sure if it was really a mistake.. I began e-whoring in 2015. One day decided to put my $100 from Paypal to btc coz paypal as u all know is a bitch.. I never really got around to spending that $100 ... and in the end of 2017 .. cashed it out with handsome profit. But I never thought of investing again into the market. I figure that those few months held a greater profit window than the 2 years combined.
Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
Happiness - The thought of how much money I made made me so happy that I ignored common sense. What goes up must come down. I was tied by the hot hand fallacy.
That destroyed me, Like it went up before but then it just crashhhhhhhheddddd ;(
Couldve made +200 but now im down 300, oh well It was my first time buying, mistakes are meant to be learned from

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haneul1100 View Post
Invested a lot in that shit coin called Tron when it was 0.15 you complete the rest
Haha I know the feels it gained so much hype and then crashed.... ;(
I got kinda lucky and sold a good chunk at 18.2ish but still bite my ass for keeping any but ey thats life.
I convinced my mom to buy some BTC when it was at like $6k. She put a few thousand in it and held until like 19k, but fell for the hot hand fallacy.
so damn sad when I invested into some MLM coin. Lost almost fund
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?