Steam Account Switcher [Source Code]

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Steam Account Switcher [Source Code]

Fast and simple program to Switch between Steam Accounts
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

How does it work?

  1. It lists the usernames you have added in the ListBox
  2. Ends all running Steam processes*
  3. It edits "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\AutoLoginU ser" to your selected username, and also sets the RememberPassword DWORD to True.

*It ends any processes that start with "Steam", and then restarts Steam.exe once the switch is made.

The username is stored locally in a xml file, and it doesn't store any passwords. It logins using the "Remember Password" function in Steam for the selected username.



Installation

  1. Download .zip file from the attachements
  2. Extract it into a folder of your choice (be sure that all contents from .zip file are in that folder)
  3. (optional)Create a shortcut of the exe in desktop



Screenshots




Virus Scans



Source Code



Enjoy it!

steamswitch_mpgh.net.zip58 KB · 31 downloads 11/61 malicious
Quote Originally Posted by T-800 View Post
//Approved
Thanks!
OOF I have 5 steam accounts and I change between them quite often this tool will be extremely helpful for me xD I am tired of input the password again and again.
thanks so much this is awesome little program its actually my first download on the site
Quote Originally Posted by poppacease View Post
thanks so much this is awesome little program its actually my first download on the site
its actually not working for me..
Quote Originally Posted by poppacease View Post
its actually not working for me..
How can i help?
Doesn't work for me either O.o
Quote Originally Posted by Pashaczek View Post
Doesn't work for me either O.o
Quote Originally Posted by poppacease View Post
its actually not working for me..
Make sure you extracted all the files from the .zip to folder where the .exe is being executed. When you extract just the .exe and open it it will create the files but they don't have all the information, and that's why it will give a error saying that the "Input array is longer than the number of columns in this table"

Just make sure that all the files that came in the .zip file are extracted to same folder as the .exe. I recommend putting it in a separate folder and creating a shortcut for it wherever you need it.

Stay safe,
afonsosousah
Does it still need steam guard on log in?
Quote Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
Does it still need steam guard on log in?
It needs steam guard for the first login, tho i've never used it to change between two accounts both with steam guard, so i am not sure, if that's your case.



Quote Originally Posted by Raddclyffe View Post
Thanks for sharing this!

It does not work for me. I can add new usernames and it correctly relaunches Steam when I use the "open" button.
But then, it will set the username as my Windows user and never remember the password (I believe that if it can't use the correct username it won't be able to reach the saved password).
I'm not sure what's happening in your case. I will try to investigate further and maybe launch an updated version of this program.

The program stores only the username, and it stores it on a separate text file. Steam is what stores the password associated with the username along with the ability to log in without the steam guard code.

As to why it sets the username as your Windows user, i have no idea of what's happening, the program shouldn't even have permissions to do that.

Thanks for sharing your issues, i'll keep you updated.

afonsosousah
Hi can I use you as a reference/source for an academic paper for gateway switches? I need a citation for background information for patent application. Thanks. I am college student.
Thanks for sharing this!

It does not work for me. I can add new usernames and it correctly relaunches Steam when I use the "open" button.
But then, it will set the username as my Windows user and never remember the password (I believe that if it can't use the correct username it won't be able to reach the saved password).
I just updated this program, please check the new thread!
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?