Just a tiny PSA

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Just a tiny PSA
If you downloaded the Exalt launcher, and it is not working for you (says you arent Beta rank, or that you need to update the launcher, etc), just wait it out until a new Reddit update is posted by them officially. Do NOT use the uninstaller app that the folder contains because according to Reddit if you use the uninstaller app, it "reformats" your whole drive and you will lose a majority of your files. Just figured I would post it here since a lot of people may be resorting to MPGH to find out some info as to why Exalt isnt working for a majority of the playerbase.

Some people said they were fine after uninstalling but chances are they just Right Click>Deleted or maybe they just were lucky and didnt give admin access to the Uninstaller possibly or something like that, but its better to be safe than sorry and just simply listen to this Reddit post I linked below
https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comme...r_please_wait/
Read the comments if you want some back-up on my claims.

Picture taken from a Redditor when they noticed that the uninstaller was touching somewhere its not supposed to be:
As far as I've heard if you installed the launcher to the default directory (Program Files or w/e) it should work correctly. I wouldn't use the uninstaller at all to be safe though
Holy shit, deca fucked up really fucking bad.
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Holy shit, deca fucked up really fucking bad.
And this is a surprise?
Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
And this is a surprise?
NOPE
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Holy shit, deca fucked up really fucking bad.
They just updated their ToS
Quote Originally Posted by ClapBangKiss View Post
They just updated their ToS
Which ToS are you looking at?
Quote Originally Posted by ClapBangKiss View Post
They just updated their ToS
yeah I just noticed that when I logged into Exalt, made me agree to a new tos, im no genius but if I had to take a guess, as long as everyone who was affected blindly accepts that ToS they probably cant get into any legal trouble lol
Uhh is there a way to check if my drivers are fine because I've uninstalled it .
Just uploaded a picture for extra convincing even though at this point I believe the explanation and reddit link was enough lmao :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badboyallan View Post
Uhh is there a way to check if my drivers are fine because I've uninstalled it .
Its not your drivers its just your drive, like, where all your files are kept, if you arent missing any files in the directory of which you installed the Exalt Launcher, you are fine I assume. Seems like DECA wrote a line of code too short or something, and instead of pointing the delete function to aim at the Exalt Launcher folder, they pointed it to the folder that holds the Exalt Launcher folder, that's just my guess.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?