Costco Order Cancellation

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
Costco Order Cancellation
Anybody else having issues ordering from Costco US? Using a new account and I made sure all credit card info is correct but my order keeps getting cancelled.
sorry if you already tried this, but try placing it on an account that has a costco membership
Quote Originally Posted by pinkcow6661 View Post
sorry if you already tried this, but try placing it on an account that has a costco membership
Thanks. I recently purchased a Costco membership and they still cancelled my order about an hour later.
In the same position. Order kept getting cancelled, they initially blamed it on my billing address (my bank said the charge was approved and there's no issue with the address). Then after an hour on the phone they said it's because I didn't have a costco membership. So I went to the store and got a membership. Placed order on new account with membership attached and it was cancelled. I called and they are blaming the billing address again. WTF. Going to try placing a small order to see what happens.
Quote Originally Posted by avalanche33 View Post
In the same position. Order kept getting cancelled, they initially blamed it on my billing address (my bank said the charge was approved and there's no issue with the address). Then after an hour on the phone they said it's because I didn't have a costco membership. So I went to the store and got a membership. Placed order on new account with membership attached and it was cancelled. I called and they are blaming the billing address again. WTF. Going to try placing a small order to see what happens.
I finally got my order to go through. I went through the same thing you did. They blamed it on my billing addy and then said I need to buy a membership. Then they blamed in on my shipping addy saying it couldn't be verified lol...in the end I called and placed an order over the phone and stayed on the line to make sure that the order was not cancelled. It took about an hour and I just had to verify my information.
Quote Originally Posted by WokToGo View Post
I finally got my order to go through. I went through the same thing you did. They blamed it on my billing addy and then said I need to buy a membership. Then they blamed in on my shipping addy saying it couldn't be verified lol...in the end I called and placed an order over the phone and stayed on the line to make sure that the order was not cancelled. It took about an hour and I just had to verify my information.
Thanks for sharing. What was the total cost of your order? Mine was $3k and was cancelled. I just placed a smaller order for $150 and it shipped after 3 hours. So i'm going to try the cancelled order again, maybe on the phone this time...
That's exactly what they're telling me! I copy and paste my billing address just to make sure and still nada, I'll try ordering over phone.
Quote Originally Posted by WokToGo View Post
I called and placed an order over the phone and stayed on the line to make sure that the order was not cancelled
So my experiment failed. Even though I had an item DELIVERED today from costco, my next order was cancelled, same billing address bullshit, and they put me on hold for 1.5 hours to investigate and they came up with nothing. What number did you call to place the order? I even asked the person I spoke to, and they said they aren't aware of phone ordering at costco.
Quote Originally Posted by avalanche33 View Post
So my experiment failed. Even though I had an item DELIVERED today from costco, my next order was cancelled, same billing address bullshit, and they put me on hold for 1.5 hours to investigate and they came up with nothing. What number did you call to place the order? I even asked the person I spoke to, and they said they aren't aware of phone ordering at costco.
I called their customer service number listed on their website. I'm guessing your ordering from Costco US. When I spoke to a customer service rep I explained how I keep placing orders and they are cancelled and if they have a department where I can place the order over the phone. Thats when they transferred me and I was able to place the order with a rep over the phone. The order won't show up under your online profile but you will receive emails as normal. You may have to call a few times. It seems like certain reps have no idea what they are talking about when questioned about certain things. Some seem more helpful than others.
Ignore this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WokToGo View Post
I called their customer service number listed on their website. I'm guessing your ordering from Costco US. When I spoke to a customer service rep I explained how I keep placing orders and they are cancelled and if they have a department where I can place the order over the phone. Thats when they transferred me and I was able to place the order with a rep over the phone. The order won't show up under your online profile but you will receive emails as normal. You may have to call a few times. It seems like certain reps have no idea what they are talking about when questioned about certain things. Some seem more helpful than others.
But are you able to refund still?
Quote Originally Posted by avalanche33 View Post
Thanks for sharing. What was the total cost of your order? Mine was $3k and was cancelled. I just placed a smaller order for $150 and it shipped after 3 hours. So i'm going to try the cancelled order again, maybe on the phone this time...
Mine was 3.2k.
Quote Originally Posted by WokToGo View Post
Mine was 3.2k.
ok thanks, i'll try the phone ordering method and i'll report back here with results.
my fourth refund had some issue due to too many times done
Just to prove a point to them, I ordered a $100 item and it shipped yesterday. It will arrive in a couple days. At that point, when they cancel my large order due to "billing address issues" or whatever, I can tell them to look at my previous order...
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?