Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

How to Vac Jumping Mobs or Wall Vac

Before you do this method, you need to get the your Wall Offsets.

Warning: This is easily bannable on MapleRoyals. I thought it would be fun to try finding out how to do some basic vacs by playing around.

How to Vac Jumping Mobs

1. Go to any one of your four wall offsets
    2. Right click it and choose to find out what writes to this address
    a. Refer to image 1
    3. Right click the address that writes to MapleStory.exe + [offset] and choose Show this address in the disassembler
    a. Refer to image 2
    4. You will be near an address that writes to the wall offset of mobs and yourself (in a stack?)
    5. Move up until you find mov [edx], ecx (could be different registers for you)
    a. Refer to image 3
    6. Enter a portal and you will not be vacced, but all jumping mobs (slimes/wraiths/mushrooms/etc) will be forced into the right side
    a. Refer to image 4

Image 1:
    Image 2:
    Image 3:
    Image 4:

Note: this does not suck flying mobs

How to Wall Vac Mobs

Context: The way this works is that whatever spawns in the client (mobs or yourself when you change channel or enter a portal), it reads the wall's value and then writes that is the wall/possible position of the mob / your character.

1. Double click the wall offset and change the value, then kill mobs/change channel/enter a portal to a new map

WARNING: Be careful if you do this because you can fall off the map
    Last edited by killingspree888; 10-01-2021 at 08:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to killingspree888 For This Useful Post:

cooolguyjay (02-08-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I wanted to add that there are more ways to wall vac. You can play around with values that read/write to your values. Trying NOPing them if you want and see what results you get. There is a part in the opcodes which does movsd, and you can NOP two out of four of the movsd to force all objects as well as yourself to the right/left side (you can also fall off the map, but try out [11 + 4] combinations).

11 is from 4 Choose 4 + 4 Choose 3 + 4 Choose 2 = 11 different combinations and 4 is from 4 Choose 1 different combinations. You don't need to worry about the math portion of what I just explained. Just know you can just NOP movsd or even NOP other parts of the opcode. Just experiment with the code and see what results you get.

Also, if you do get any results, please share this information publicly so others can learn from this and understand reverse engineering for MapleStory (or MMORPGs in general).

Thanks

I have some question

I found all wall offset , but i don' know which one i need to change the value in memory viewer, should I learn how it work in maplestory or something?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by jw840424 View Post
    I found all wall offset , but i don' know which one i need to change the value in memory viewer, should I learn how it work in maplestory or something?
    For some information, this type of mob vaccing does not work well with other players around. Also, this type of vaccing is highly bannable (I had like 5 or 10 accounts banned for using this).

If you are trying to change the vacced mobs (as well as your player wall unfortunately), you need to modify the values. So for example, if I want all the mobs in this map to be on my player coordinate, I would change Left Wall's value from -350 -> 3581 and Right Wall's value 5120 -> 3581.

Then, change channel (does not work when other player's are around) or kill all the mobs to suck them to that coordinate (usually it works also when player's around).

If you want to change the value, double-click the numbers and then input the number you want.

Last edited by killingspree888; 12-13-2021 at 08:25 PM.