Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

How to find offsets on MapleStory Private servers

I'm pretty sure this post might be pointless, but it seems like not that many people were posting information on how to find the offsets for this dead game. Anyway, here is how you can find certain offsets on Cheat Engine. I will edit this post and show videos of how to obtain all of these offsets. Also, I do not know how to obtain them all, so please feel free to share how you obtain these offsets as it would be great to guide people into making cheats/reversing this game, since it's just fun to reverse games. Just so you guys know, this is all done on MapleRoyals.
    I had my original videos striked for copyright by Daziunda LLC when I posted them on youtube, so I will find a platform to upload them without getting striked (Maybe Google Drive? ******? We'll see...If you guys have any ideas, let me know).

Unlimited Attack (Standing)

In order to get your attack count, have Exact Value and 4 Bytes.

1. Move around, then stop
    2. Scan for 0
    3. Attack
    4. Scan for 0 again
    5. Attack again (do not move)
    6. Scan for 1
    7. Attack again (do not move)
    8. Scan for 2
    9. Repeat step 5 and increment the scan value until you find a value that matches what you are looking for

Also, if you add 0x10 to your offset, you will get unlimited attack when you're on the ladder (different than the standing unlimited attack).
    If you do not know what I mean by adding 0x10 to your offset, read the section "Finding the Cursor (X, Y) Axes)".

Finding the Cursor (X, Y) Axes

In order to get your cursor axes, have Unknown Initial Value and 4 Bytes.

1. You can scan your cursor to the right of the screen with Unknown Initial Value
    2. Move your cursor to the left (any amount of pixels) from the previous scan and scan Decreased value
    3. Move your cursor to the right (any amount of pixels) from the previous scan and scan Increased value
    4. Rinse and repeat Step 2 OR 3 until you have around 100 cases
    5. Compare the values by moving your cursor around until you find one that may match your value
    6. You can tell if it is a valid pointer by seeing if it stays between 0-800 (or whatever region the pixel size of your window is)

When you get your X axis, +0x4 the offset to get your Y-axis. For example, in the image offset for cursors, I go from 0x9C to 0xA0:

Find the Map ID

In order to get your cursor axes, have Unknown Initial Value and 4 Bytes.

You will probably want to use a Map ID list dump. Source or google/******/etc.

NOTE: some maps may not be in the dump that was sourced because it's from a newer version, but most of the IDs should be the same

1. Go to the map you are in and scan for the value of the id you are in
    2. Enter a portal to another map
    3. Scan for the map id of the one you are currently in
    4. Repeat 2-3 if you have not found your map id

Find Your Player's (X, Y) Axes

In order to get your player axes, have Unknown Initial Value and 4 Byte. There might be a lot of opening and closing your minimap.

IMPORTANT:

1. Make sure that your minimap is open for the first part.
    2. The scans will be in unsigned integers, so you may see 4294967295, which is -1. You will need to add the address to your cheat table, right click the address, and choose show as signed.
    3. Therefore, you are scanning negative values, even if it shows a positive number that is really high.

1. Scan for Unknown Initial Value
    2. Move left, scan for Decreased Value
    3. Move right, scan for Increased Value
    4. Try moving up or down to decrease your scan cases
    5. After you stop moving and performed a Decreased Value/Increased Value scan, scan for unchanged values (while not moving of course)
    6. Close your minimap and scan for Unchanged Value while moving left/right/up/down
    7. Right when you open up your minimap, look at any values that instantly change to a different value, this will be important because your player's X axis (and Y axis) is dependent on the minimap
    8. Repeat steps 2-7 until you feel like you have narrowed down your results

Find the Map's Walls
    Left/Top/Right/Bottom -- it goes in this order when adding the offset by 4
    Left -- Offset
    Top -- Offset + 0x4
    Right -- Offset + 0x8
    Bottom -- Offset + 0xC

NOTE: You MUST find have access to your player's X axis pointer to proceed with this method.

In order to get your player axes, have Unknown Initial Value and 4 Byte.

1. Go the left-most position (wall) of your map and find the X axis
    2. Scan for that X value, then go to another map and scan for its left-most position (wall)
    3. If you need to, go back to the first map and scan the left-most value again
    4. Once you get the Left-most wall, just manually add the top/right/bottom address like what was done in the photo of getting your mouse cursor

Find No Breath (get hit) Offset

No breath decrements from 5000 to 0 when hit.

In order to get the no breath address, have Unknown Initial Value and 4 Byte.

1. Scan for Unknown Initial Value

2. Get hit by a mob
    3. Scan for Increased Value
    4. While breathing, scan for Decreased Value
    5. When you stop breathing and scanned Decreased Value, move around and scan for Unchanged Value (to decrease your scan cases)
    6. Repeat these Steps 2-5 until you may have around 40-150 cases (or however much you feel comfortable with)
    7. Get hit by a mob and watch for the value that goes from 5000 to 0 (You will for sure find it)

NOTE: No breath when you attack and no breath when you get hit write to the same address, but if you look at the opcode, they will MOV [address], 5000 at different addresses.

I will edit this or post more info in another thread (if I cannot edit this thread)! I will post how to get Miss Godmode, Vac mobs (though quite limited method), and other fun cheats afterward.
    If you are banned on MapleRoyals, all you need to do is changed your IP and MAC address as that's all that they are checking. It seems they don't care about your HWID. I'm pretty sure they use GetAdaptersInfo, so you can probably hook this (forgive me if I sound stupid and don't know what I'm talking about)? Anyway, if you guys have more info on how to reverse MapleStory private servers/in general, it would be helpful to share this information for this community! Thanks :).

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will also update this thread/post a new thread on where to modify/write to the opcode.

Last edited by killingspree888; 09-21-2021 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Add additional information to no breath

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killingspree888 For This Useful Post:

cooolguyjay (02-08-2022),kkh9612162 (10-16-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Finding Pet Food Address

To find the pet food address, you need have a pet.

You just need to Scan the starting value of your pet hunger and 4 Bytes.

1. Double click your character and check the hunger value your pet has (In this case, we will say it's 100)
    2. Scan for 100
    3. Wait for your pet hunger to go down
    4. Scan for 99
    5. Repeat this process until you got the right value
    6. You can feed your pet if you want and rescan for 100

The only purpose you would use this is for botting when your pet is providing auto-mp and auto-hp. I found that accessing the pointer to this address when you don't have a pet enabled causes your client to crash on MapleRoyals, so be aware of that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to killingspree888 For This Useful Post:

cooolguyjay (02-08-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sorry for the bump, but I thought it would be useful to know that buffing on the ladder (Unlimited Attack) can be found using buffs that are shared to the party. You cannot use something that buffs only yourself. So try using Maple Warrior or hyper body when on the ladder for finding the offset for unlimited attack on the ladder. Enjoy (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Thanks
    I am trying on the mini-map character X Y location.
    Attempted it for a week and yield no result.

Does it possible to let me know which version of GMS are the tutorial based on ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by denvertan View Post
    I am trying on the mini-map character X Y location.
    Attempted it for a week and yield no result.

Does it possible to let me know which version of GMS are the tutorial based on ?
    I am doing this on v83 MapleRoyals. I am pretty sure it should work on the current version of MapleStory. If you would like, I think I can upload a video on ****** or something. Last time, I uploaded it on youtube and my video was DMCA'd. If you know a website to upload it on without getting DMCA'd, that would help.

For why you may not be finding your offsets, make sure that you are not working with unsigned values (that means 0 or higher numbers). You can check if your values are negative by choosing a value that is really huge (say, 3294967295), then you can right click it and check to see if it says that it signed or unsigned. Also, the mini-map X Y requires that you have the mini-map open. It hard to find the value without it.

I did a lot of mini-map manipulation: For example, after scanning with the mini-map open, I would then close my mini-map. Then, move my character around, get hit, or attack, then scan for Unchanged value. This should decrease your scan possibilities. After, open up your mini-map and then scan for decreased (left) or increased (right) values.

If you have any questions, please tag/quote me, so I get a notification. Also, if you know a site I can upload my tutorials, I do not mind making a video to show you, but I would like it to be publicly available so other people can view the content and learn this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Works perfectly

Also for V83 and lower u can have super-speed attack by finding the cooldown timer on attack.
    Its almost the same as getting the cooldown timer for no-breath or flash GM.

find value thats 0, attack, while the character is still attacking, search for a higher value. then for a lower value, and repeat. You will find the timer and if u disable this u can super-speed attack.

I am still looking for a way to do this on v111

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armanistar For This Useful Post:

cooolguyjay (02-08-2022),killingspree888 (01-01-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by armanistar View Post
    Works perfectly

Also for V83 and lower u can have super-speed attack by finding the cooldown timer on attack.
    Its almost the same as getting the cooldown timer for no-breath or flash GM.

find value thats 0, attack, while the character is still attacking, search for a higher value. then for a lower value, and repeat. You will find the timer and if u disable this u can super-speed attack.

I am still looking for a way to do this on v111
    Wow, that's really cool and thank you so much for posting. It really means a lot to provide some information. I will see if I can get photos or videos of this process.
    Last edited by killingspree888; 01-01-2022 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by killingspree888 View Post

Wow, that's really cool and thank you so much for posting. It really means a lot to provide some information. I will see if I can get photos or videos of this process.
    I also got it working in v111 so I know its not patched lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to armanistar For This Useful Post:

killingspree888 (01-06-2022)

Thanks
    Is anyone familiar with finding Mob/Item Structures in the latest version of GMS?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    anyone here who can help me update a script from array of bites?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I do not know how to work with array of bytes and have not had time to mess around with Private MapleStory hacks since I school has started. I'm sorry and wish I could help .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    you sure this part of the unl. attack is right?

2. Scan for 0
    3. Attack
    4. Scan for 0 again

Attack and scan for 0 again? u sure?

Edit: You were right, lol. It felt weird but the first attack on a new place resets the counter to 0 apparently. Nice find actually
    It does d/c me on v111.1 tho
    Last edited by armanistar; 01-09-2022 at 06:42 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to armanistar For This Useful Post:

killingspree888 (01-09-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by armanistar View Post
    you sure this part of the unl. attack is right?

2. Scan for 0
    3. Attack
    4. Scan for 0 again

Attack and scan for 0 again? u sure?

Edit: You were right, lol. It felt weird but the first attack on a new place resets the counter to 0 apparently. Nice find actually
    It does d/c me on v111.1 tho
    Yup, it was weird to me too. Glad you found that it worked. I guess the code doesn't start incrementing the counter (probably cause they did a bad job checking the code) after the first hit, so you will go from 0 -> 100 (101 times).

Thanks

Not quite good enough :(

I've been following and managed to fix no breathe and unlimited attack. However, cannot get no blink to work or vac.

Do anybody have ******* and might try to guide me through it?

Regards,
    Absorc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by absorc16 View Post
    I've been following and managed to fix no breathe and unlimited attack. However, cannot get no blink to work or vac.

Do anybody have dis.cord(?) and might try to guide me through it?

Regards,
    Absorc
    Hi, I would not mind making a ****** account and posting video tutorials. I think I can upload them on Saturday night (Pacific US) if you want.

Last time, I got my youtube account DMCA'd by a company.
    Last edited by killingspree888; 01-14-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast