[Request]Original .iwd files

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
[Request]Original .iwd files
Hi guys,
I recently used a texture hack and am very happy with it, but I really would like to have the landscaping back to normal, seeing as sometimes I end up shooting thru bushes and my textures become obvious to other players.

So if anyone could give me their original .iwd files that would be great and I can then use the textures correctly. [Yes.. I failed to back them up ]

Thanks MPGH!
Just go to Steam Games and Delete Local Content and reinstall the game and WAHLA! Your originals will be back.
Quote Originally Posted by Snitched View Post
Just go to Steam Games and Delete Local Content and reinstall the game and WAHLA! Your originals will be back.
No. Just delete those messed up files, or if you deleted them, just verify game integrity cache, and they will download those files again.


They are just too large. iw_07.iwd is like 160 mb.


Move to help section, then close, thank you. Koen, please start moderating more often.
Wouldn't it depend on what Texture hack your using? Because there can be more than just the iw_07 editted.
Quote Originally Posted by Snitched View Post
Wouldn't it depend on what Texture hack your using? Because there can be more than just the iw_07 editted.
Yea, ik, but texture hacks have something to do with altering those said files, therefore, delete those files, unless they're already gone on accident. Then, do the following:

right click on steam icon in taskbar
games
right click modern warfare 2
properties
click on the third tab(ish? look around)
there should be "verify game integrity cache"
Quote Originally Posted by Bluthera View Post
Yea, ik, but texture hacks have something to do with altering those said files, therefore, delete those files, unless they're already gone on accident. Then, do the following:

right click on steam icon in taskbar
games
right click modern warfare 2
properties
click on the third tab(ish? look around)
there should be "verify game integrity cache"
Worked, thanks! Now.. can you tell me which .iwd files I need to use Craigs texture hack on to just make the people and gun textures? I want to keep the landscaping [trees,plants,etc] normal.

Thanks!
Quote Originally Posted by DieNoob View Post
Worked, thanks! Now.. can you tell me which .iwd files I need to use Craigs texture hack on to just make the people and gun textures? I want to keep the landscaping [trees,plants,etc] normal.

Thanks!
Follow his guide, and ask him if you have further questions.
Reinstall. Simple as.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us