DiskExplorer for NTFS alternative?

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
DiskExplorer for NTFS alternative?
So, title explains mostly everything. I had the trial a while ago and it expired, I don't want to pay $70 for something I'm going to use once a month.. Nor do I want to risk getting viruses from torrenting, I don't have much patience to format and re install everything.


So.. any alternatives for this program?

Thanks.


Note: Not sure if this is the right section..
DiskExplorer? Are you trying to partition manage? If so, you can go to you're Administrative Tools in windows (access via Control Panel when logged in as Administrator) and locate the "Computer Management" shortcut.

The windows partition/disk manager is under Storage -> Disk Management in the tree view on the left.

Regards,
-Schyler-
Quote Originally Posted by Schyler View Post
DiskExplorer? Are you trying to partition manage? If so, you can go to you're Administrative Tools in windows (access via Control Panel when logged in as Administrator) and locate the "Computer Management" shortcut.

The windows partition/disk manager is under Storage -> Disk Management in the tree view on the left.

Regards,
-Schyler-
It only makes you look like a Choob/Asshole when you give an answer you know and I know are not related to what he's really asking for.
~
I'd recommend building up a toolkit of some nice freeware stuff. EasyBCD allows for boot/MFT management and such I'd recommend that, and just try to be like the rest of us not rich people and go around and find some good free hardware management tools. You could go look for a good freeware partition manager, and for hardware diagnostics I like to use SiSoftware Sandra - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
I highly recommend it lots of different tests. Network tests, Dual-core efficency, memory bandwidth, GPU arithmetic test, OS stability test.
Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post
You could go look for a good freeware partition manager, and for hardware diagnostics I like to use SiSoftware Sandra - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
I highly recommend it lots of different tests. Network tests, Dual-core efficency, memory bandwidth, GPU arithmetic test, OS stability test.
Practice what you preach man, seriously.

While he might have known what he was talking about, a little explanation at the top of the thread could have helped.
Actually, I'm trying to write to any selected sectors of any disk. I don't think your method works for this. But thanks.
THis is a help thread man stop spamming.....
~
goto general 'n try not to get TRoLL'd...
Well, my thread has almost been hi-jacked.

Anyways, I tried that program you recommended Arhk. It seems a bit confusing and I couldn't find a way to edit the disks. I know I'm being picky, but I would rather something a little simpler and something more directed at what I'm trying to do. I don't need a whole pile of features if I'm only going to use one.

Thanks anyways.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?