Please... Help me with this D3D Hook!

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Please... Help me with this D3D Hook!
Yeah. I used the Warrock Stride/Verticie tutorial to create a d3d hook for warrock while using Azorbix's D3d Starter Kit 3.0b. I copy/Pasted his code into the places where I thought it was necessary. These errors came up.
Code:
Compiling...
d3d8dev.cpp
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(28) : error C2065: 'GenerateTexture' : undeclared identifier
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(42) : warning C4551: function call missing argument list
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(43) : warning C4551: function call missing argument list
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(69) : warning C4551: function call missing argument list
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(70) : warning C4551: function call missing argument list
Error executing cl.exe.

TatniumD3D.dll - 1 error(s), 4 warning(s)
It's like my d3d starter kit doesn't recognize the command GenerateTexture. Did anyone else have this problem?
BTW. Here is the code that I put in there.
[PHP]HRESULT CD3DManager::Initialize()
{
/*
initialize Resources such as textures
(managed and unmanaged [D3DPOOL]),
vertex buffers, and other D3D rendering resources
...
m_pD3Ddev->CreateTexture(..., ..., &m_pD3Dtexture);
*/

GenerateTexture(m_pD3Ddev, &playertex1, playercolor1);
GenerateTexture(m_pD3Ddev, &playertex2, playercolor2);
return S_OK;
}[/PHP]
learn d3d + C++ first before "trying"
ull come up with the answer when ur done...

and it's
Code:
GenerateTexture(m_pD3Ddev, &PlayerTextRed, D3DCOLOR_ARGB(255,255,0,0));
Quote Originally Posted by castaway View Post
learn d3d + C++ first before "trying"
ull come up with the answer when ur done...

and it's
Code:
GenerateTexture(m_pD3Ddev, &PlayerTextRed, D3DCOLOR_ARGB(255,255,0,0));
What are you talking about lol? I took a whole course on Gale that was supposed to teach me C++, But I guess I just don't know how to operate d3d yet. Even when I plug in the thing you gave me, It still gives me the same error.
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(28) : error C2065: 'GenerateTexture' : undeclared identifier
I think the problem is that it just does not recognize the Generate Texture function. Is there anything that I need to put in my hash include section or something? Help...
Quote Originally Posted by nukeist_ View Post
What are you talking about lol? I took a whole course on Gale that was supposed to teach me C++, But I guess I just don't know how to operate d3d yet. Even when I plug in the thing you gave me, It still gives me the same error.
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Nukeist\Desktop\D3D_Starterkit_v3.0b\D3D8\d3d8dev.cpp(28) : error C2065: 'GenerateTexture' : undeclared identifier
I think the problem is that it just does not recognize the Generate Texture function. Is there anything that I need to put in my hash include section or something? Help...
and set the generate texture under Release function
createtexture in EndScene
Quote Originally Posted by castaway View Post
and set the generate texture under Release function
createtexture in EndScene
Huh? That didn't make any sense to me at all. Create Texture is a completely different function, and the warrock stride/verticie tutorial doesn't say anything about it.
Also, I have the same parameter, Safe Release under End Scene, and Release.
Ask the creator of the tutorial ??
nukeist_ I strongly reccommend you to first take DirectX tutorials and then try it...
Dont worry pplz I got the Zbuffer off thing working, and now I can see people thru walls but the problem is making the chams.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?