Step 1

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Step 1
Hi every one,

I think my knowledge of windows device drivers is decent enough now to start building my own NIDS/HIDS (A hybrid Host and network-based intrusion detection systems (against hackers...))

But (yea I know this is a huge gap in my knowledge) I've no idea on how to check if ports are being accessed in windows, Could anybody help me with this?

I want to start with the NIDS part since I have more network than windows/hardware experience, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to check if ports are being accessed without opening them? (in C++, even raw theory will do)

-SCHiM
Place system wide hooks on wsock?
I dunno man, u better stop learning now or i'll have to step down from being minion due to not helping you out D:
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Place system wide hooks on wsock?
I dunno man, u better stop learning now or i'll have to step down from being minion due to not helping you out D:
Don't worry they can't blame you for not being able to help a genius like me
Quote Originally Posted by schim View Post
Don't worry they can't blame you for not being able to help a genius like me
Way to flatter yourself
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Way to flatter yourself
satire

Suggestions/ideas are still welcome...
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us