Thanks

need help getting downloads and buffs faster

well resently my downloads are extremly slow and so are buffing videos.. i have like a few Mb's of internet but i asked this question on yahoo answers and i was told to upload enough to saturate my download speed but thats all he told me. im not sure how much i would have to upload i tried uploading a 100 mb file it uploaded but it didnt help. maybe i need to upload more? idk thats why i am asking, and i use CCleaner often using both cleaner and registry cleaner. but that never helps. i dont think it is the sites because its happening almost everywhere. so any tips on what i can to?

for example i go on stagevu, and movies used to load like in 10-20 mins but now it takes longer to buff than the actual movie itself

will thank if u give helpful tips
    Last edited by Leon.; 09-01-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Could be your computer.

Run CCleaner, download TuneUp Utilities, and just keep your computer clean.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong section..

Whats your download speed? You can test it simply by googling interenetspeedtest.... Post up your results.
    Been here for awhile now.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquafina For This Useful Post:

Leon. (09-01-2010)

Thanks
    i have reinstalled my OS before it that seemed to fix my download problems but only for awhile after downloading so much stuff again maybe thats making it slow but i cant keep reinstalling my OS every time because i know its not good to do that many times and it can take time to reinstall. so what do u think happens when i reinstall my OS thats fixing it and maybe i can do this without reinstalling the OS

i have reinstalled my OS before it that seemed to fix my download problems but only for awhile after downloading so much stuff again maybe thats making it slow but i cant keep reinstalling my OS every time because i know its not good to do that many times and it can take time to reinstall. so what do u think happens when i reinstall my OS thats fixing it and maybe i can do this without reinstalling the OS

here

but i did this before my speeds were slow and it looks pretty much the same to me.

also i notice that some downloads start at like 1mbps+ but just keep going down and getting slower and slower. and i dont think it stops dropping
    Last edited by Leon.; 09-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon. View Post

here

but i did this before my speeds were slow and it looks pretty much the same to me.

Your speed is pretty adequate..

I should also mention that when you download torrents, you need hosts.. If there aren't enough peers, the download will be really slow. For movies and such, if you watch them online, try to wait half an hour and come back and see if it helps.

You can try defragmenting your disk as well!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquafina For This Useful Post:

Leon. (09-01-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloved View Post

Your speed is pretty adequate..

I should also mention that when you download torrents, you need hosts.. If there aren't enough peers, the download will be really slow. For movies and such, if you watch them online, try to wait half an hour and come back and see if it helps.

You can try defragmenting your disk as well!
    just used smart defrag from IObit ill see if that helps, but like a 2 hour movie online would take maybe 10-30 mins but now, a 2 hour movie can take almost 3 or 4 hours to finish. (never waited that long) but i started a movie paused to let it buff and took like a 2 hour nap and it was alittle more than half way

wow i did a speed test after a defrag and look

Last edited by Leon.; 09-01-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon. View Post
    just used smart defrag from IObit ill see if that helps, but like a 2 hour movie online would take maybe 10-30 mins but now, a 2 hour movie can take almost 3 or 4 hours to finish. (never waited that long) but i started a movie paused to let it buff and took like a 2 hour nap and it was alittle more than half way

wow i did a speed test after a defrag and look

That's more like it! :P Does this solve your problem?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquafina For This Useful Post:

Leon. (09-01-2010)

Thanks
    i hope so im gonna try to get a video buffing soon, ill post something later if it works or not but thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Clean ur PC, run defrag, get better internet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    And get TuneUp Utilities 2010 it does the trick pretty well.

EDIT: In your case I would save the most important data on my computer then format (all) the HDD(s).
    I am a sick, demented, twisted, sadistic individual who is looking for any reason to wield a weapon against another human being.

Thanks
    Check your PC for problems and check your Internet too.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED