[TUT][PR] HOW TO MAKE CARBON!!!!
ok, so a lot of people have lately been telling me that I make great carbon mods. One guy even asked me to make a full pack of like 10 guns(ugh work...) so I'm releasing this tut.
READ FIRST:
Tools that I will be using:
1)Photoshop CS5 White Rabbit. You can find it here
2)DTX Convert. you can find it here
3)Carbon Image, DL at bottom
4)A brain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ok so step 1)
pick your gun. For this Tutorial, I'm going to make an L96A1 for example
Step 2)
Convert the gun using .DTX convert, I'm not showing you how to do this step :P. Open the gun in Photoshop. Look at the image, and find out what parts of the gun you want to cover with carbon. I usually cover the sides/scope. For this, I'm going to do the sides only.

Step 3)
Use the Magic wand tool(in red box) to select the part(s) of the gun that you want to make carbon.

Step 4)
Go to the main toolbar at the top, and click on Image, then "Auto Tone." it should brighten the gun a bit.

After: (brighter)
[IMG]
[/IMG]
Step 5)
Press Ctrl + A. This will select the whole image.

Now you want to click on the Magic Brush tool again. Put it on the un-select setting(the minus), and unselect the spots you just brightened in Step 4. Press Ctrl + C. This will copy the are you have selected


Step 6)
Go to the main toolbar at the top, and click on Layer, then "New," then "Layer Via Copy." This will create a layer that will prevent you from overlaying carbon over the spots that you DON'T want to be carbon.


Step 7)
Click back on the first layer you made. Then, open the picture image I put at the bottom to download. Copy that whole carbon image over and over, until it covers the whole image area.


Step 8)
Select the three layers you just made, right click on them, and convert them all into ONE "smart object."


Step 9)
On the Layer Style, choose either Overlay, Soft Light, or Hard Light.

Step 10)
Choose your Opacity level, save as a .dtx, and you're done!


Here's some examples of good carbon mods I've made using this technique(plus others)



READ FIRST:
Tools that I will be using:
1)Photoshop CS5 White Rabbit. You can find it here
2)DTX Convert. you can find it here
3)Carbon Image, DL at bottom
4)A brain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ok so step 1)
pick your gun. For this Tutorial, I'm going to make an L96A1 for example
Step 2)
Convert the gun using .DTX convert, I'm not showing you how to do this step :P. Open the gun in Photoshop. Look at the image, and find out what parts of the gun you want to cover with carbon. I usually cover the sides/scope. For this, I'm going to do the sides only.

Step 3)
Use the Magic wand tool(in red box) to select the part(s) of the gun that you want to make carbon.

Step 4)
Go to the main toolbar at the top, and click on Image, then "Auto Tone." it should brighten the gun a bit.

After: (brighter)
[IMG]
[/IMG]Step 5)
Press Ctrl + A. This will select the whole image.

Now you want to click on the Magic Brush tool again. Put it on the un-select setting(the minus), and unselect the spots you just brightened in Step 4. Press Ctrl + C. This will copy the are you have selected


Step 6)
Go to the main toolbar at the top, and click on Layer, then "New," then "Layer Via Copy." This will create a layer that will prevent you from overlaying carbon over the spots that you DON'T want to be carbon.


Step 7)
Click back on the first layer you made. Then, open the picture image I put at the bottom to download. Copy that whole carbon image over and over, until it covers the whole image area.


Step 8)
Select the three layers you just made, right click on them, and convert them all into ONE "smart object."


Step 9)
On the Layer Style, choose either Overlay, Soft Light, or Hard Light.

Step 10)
Choose your Opacity level, save as a .dtx, and you're done!


Here's some examples of good carbon mods I've made using this technique(plus others)



Carbon.jpg

