ArrowIdeas.

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Ideas.
Heres a list of different things I wanna make at some point. . .(2nd time typing this now lol, it refreshed. . .)

Give comments, suggestions, and whatever on whichever one(s) you want:

  • Notepad: People said add the highlighting for coding, Its not gonna be for coding. . .I'm gonna make different program like notepad++ (Much later on). What else should I add or what suggests or comments for Notepad (Multi tool kinda) or making something like notepad++.
  • Browser: I made basic like the ones coming out, I want something like google chrome, search & go to site text box together, all the options and stuff but more customizable.
  • Screen recorder: I have no Idea where to start but I want it to work, and built in converter which I know isn't gonna be easy. . .lol
  • Media Player: basically with about all the options Media Player has but none of the stuff you don't use and compact and customizable.
  • Searcher: A local searcher, type in the name or keyword of something and it shows the first page it might be. No idea where to start, gonna keep looking at the new topic about searches. with history searches.
  • Installer: A Installer, that I would use for all my programs and stuff. . . the you tube videos aren't working.


    Snippets I'd like:
    Add a desktop shortcut of a program.


    thats all for now. . .its late, I'll edit and add more tomorrow.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Notepad: Notepad++ does have syntax highlight for different programming languages, so why refusing to add it?

Browser: Use another Engine, not the IE one... And then add all features that blubb posted somewhere already, and then... It's something worst checking. (no offense)

Screen Recorder: What you mean with screen recorder? Video recording?

Media Player: There's already a few around.. Make it unique..

Searcher: For personal use.. not bad.

Installer: Ok..
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Notepad: Notepad++ does have syntax highlight for different programming languages, so why refusing to add it?

Browser: Use another Engine, not the IE one... And then add all features that blubb posted somewhere already, and then... It's something worst checking. (no offense)

Screen Recorder: What you mean with screen recorder? Video recording?

Media Player: There's already a few around.. Make it unique..

Searcher: For personal use.. not bad.

Installer: Ok..
1) I know notepad++ has it, I don't wanna add it to this notepad, I'm planing on making a different program (Much later on) that would be like notepad++, a editer tool. So I don't wanna add it to this one.

2) Video recorder that records your screen, Screen recorder. . .

3) Yeah before I even release my newer programs I'm gonna make sure its worth the download. Gonna try my must

4) And yes the search thingy would be for personal use, any idea where to stat? Gonna go look at that one topic after I post.

5) Yeah theres no point for a Installer but yeah lol just something I wanna know how to do.

--------------------
Next
--------------------
Quote Originally Posted by Devient_ View Post
What the hell?
you mean you want us to realase better stuff?
want better stuff
fucking make it yourself...jesus
Never said that. . .put your glasses on.

--------------------
Next
--------------------
[MPGH]Blubb1337, thanks for the codes, I'll test it later (I'm sure it'll work )
What the hell?
you mean you want us to realase better stuff?
want better stuff
fucking make it yourself...jesus
Quote Originally Posted by Devient_ View Post
What the hell?
you mean you want us to realase better stuff?
want better stuff
fucking make it yourself...jesus
L2R please.
Quote Originally Posted by Devient_ View Post
What the hell?
you mean you want us to realase better stuff?
want better stuff
fucking make it yourself...jesus
he never said that...

Quote Originally Posted by Web-Designer View Post
Heres a list of different things I wanna make at some point. . .(2nd time typing this now lol, it refreshed. . .)[/LIST]
Snippets I'd like:
Add a desktop shortcut of a program.
[php] Public Function CreateShortcut(ByVal sLinkFile As String, _
ByVal sTargetFile As String, _
Optional ByVal sArguments As String = "", _
Optional ByVal sDescription As String = "", _
Optional ByVal sWorkingDir As String = "") As Boolean

Try
Dim oShell As New Shell32.Shell
Dim oFolder As Shell32.Folder
Dim oLink As Shell32.ShellLinkObject

Dim sPath As String = sLinkFile.Substring(0, sLinkFile.LastIndexOf("\"))
Dim sFile As String = sLinkFile.Substring(sLinkFile.LastIndexOf("\") + 1)

Dim F As Short = FreeFile()
FileOpen(F, sLinkFile, OpenMode.Output)
FileClose(F)

oFolder = oShell.NameSpace(sPath)
oLink = oFolder.Items.Item(sFile).GetLink

' Eigenschaften der Verknüpfung
With oLink
If sArguments.Length > 0 Then .Arguments = sArguments
If sDescription.Length > 0 Then .Description = sDescription
If sWorkingDir.Length > 0 Then .WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDir
.Path = sTargetFile

.Save()
End With

oLink = Nothing
oFolder = Nothing
oShell = Nothing

Return True

Catch ex As Exception
If System.IO.File.Exists(sLinkFile) Then Kill(sLinkFile)
Return False
End Try
End Function
[/php]

[php] Dim desk As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolde r.Desktop)
Try
CreateShortcut(IO.Path.Combine(desk, "NameOfShortcut.lnk"), Application.ExecutablePath)
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
End Sub[/php]
Thanks for sharing your intentions..... / ...
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Thanks for sharing your intentions..... / ...
That's what i was thinking haha, good that you have a nice planned schedule of what you want to make but..uh...why do we need to know? /

EDIT: oops, he did say he was requesting a snippet at the bottom of the thread.
DIT: oops, he did say he was requesting a snippet at the bottom of the thread.
Who actually reads that far down a list j/k
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Who actually reads that far down a list j/k
I did and answered it
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?