[VBOTW#8]Notepad.

Posts 1–15 of 164 · Page 1 of 11
[VBOTW#8]Notepad.
Mkay guys, let's make a notepad for this one.

I don't want anything hard, I just want a simple notepad. No MS Word recreations okay?

Basic Rules:


YOUR NAME CAN'T BE ON IT!

NextGen is allowed to enter, but he can't use commercial products other than DotNetBar (very big handicap)

Lolland can't enter because he'll obviously see the competitor's programs before they're released.

Unlike the other competitions on this forum, all applications will go up at the same time, there will be no pre-submissions

Submit your application to Lolland Via PM/VM/Email and He will upload them for you.

All members will be able to vote.

You will not be permitted to Vote for your own application, if you decide to vote it must be for one of your competitors.

Any bribery of any sort will result in immediate disqualification.

Any Leeching or stealing of apps will result in a disqualification and also result in breaking the rules of this section and MPGH Mod staff will be notified where they can take any appropriate action.

If you plan to submit an application be sure it is "your application", as NextGen and Lolland will be very thorough with the applications to ensure safety and that the application is actually yours.

NO TUTORIALS! That means you can't go to youtube and search for a tutorial for your application.

Advanced rules/regulations:

The winner will be chosen by the community based on these 3 factors (in no particular order):
  • GUI
  • Functionality/Performance
  • Execution of the program

ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE NEXT SUNDAY AT 12:01AM CST. Voting will take place on Sunday around that time, and will continue until Monday.

The winner will receive a signature reward, as well as have his name added to a list of winners on Lolland's flash drive, which will later be uploaded to Lolland's or NextGen's website, and a slice of cake.


Any Questions about this week's competition shall be asked to me via PRIVATE MESSAGE.
Hopefully ppl enter. I'm in, no commercial components sucks. But yeah, that's ok. 13 views 0 posts.......let's see how it goes
Alright, doesnt seems to be that hard, im in.
Thread originally was closed so that people will not know who's participating...

So let's open anyways because that idea died with the discussion thread.
I will enter this one.
I will enter this one also.
ive already started my GUI ;p
im in... is it okay if i put my name in the about form? id like to do this cuz im passing it to friends for construtive criticism
No names for entry.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
No names for entry.
And the reason is ?
So people don't judge by the name. People may vote for friends instead of the better tools.

Not gonna participate in this, busy with my Serial Tool =P

Good luck y'all.

Gogo Jason, pwn Hassan/Richard! (AND ALEX!! YAY)
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
So people don't judge by the name. People may vote for friends instead of the better tools.

Not gonna participate in this, busy with my Serial Tool =P

Good luck y'all.

Gogo Jason, pwn Hassan/Richard!
I will try my best, but if they actually try I won't stand a chance.
Not joining.. ;o i just don't have time or mood to do it after a day of work lol.. :\ sry
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Not joining.. ;o i just don't have time or mood to do it after a day of work lol.. :\ sry
Yes I must admit it's not the most exciting topic in the world, but I wanna support it so it keep continuing. me ideas someone, I'm too tired to think of any cool features to add. I already made exactly notepad in like 10 minutes, syntax highlighting won't take too long. Perhaps I should scrap my whole project and start again and make it exactly like Microsoft VB IDE layour in terms of syntax. THAT would take a loooong time

Anywho, I need ideas
ehm idk what to do because vb, seems easy enough but ehm? is it with or without form app.
cauze else u need to code from a basic class not that thats hard but yeah abit difficulted idd say.

i know its just a simple notepad but does it need a save/open function too. lettertyp modification?
Posts 1–15 of 164 · Page 1 of 11
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?