[VBOTW#8]Notepad.

Posts 16–30 of 164 · Page 2 of 11
Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post
ehm idk what to do because vb, seems easy enough but ehm? is it with or without form app.
cauze else u need to code from a basic class not that thats hard but yeah abit difficulted idd say.

i know its just a simple notepad but does it need a save/open function too. lettertyp modification?
It's a basic VB project, what else would you be doing? A class library? The features you add are up to you, but yes a save/open feature is pretty much essential.
Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post
ehm idk what to do because vb, seems easy enough but ehm? is it with or without form app.
cauze else u need to code from a basic class not that thats hard but yeah abit difficulted idd say.

i know its just a simple notepad but does it need a save/open function too. lettertyp modification?

I guess you know C# from your posts, you won't take long to get used to VB i believe.

Good luck everyone Take notepad++ as a reference and add some features. (just stop adding spammers and all that stuff to a notepad... it's useless, maybe macros.. but not spammers)
ill see what i can do, so sign me Ryan up...wazaa...
yeah im working with VS2008 trough out the next half year from 9:30am-5pm. and the C# programming that must do is quite difficult. so i tend to do other projects with c++,vb,c# :3

i hope i can finish it in time cauze i might get relocated to the front desk office for this week since the employee took a vaction. do'h

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
I guess you know C# from your posts, you won't take long to get used to VB i believe.

Good luck everyone Take notepad++ as a reference and add some features. (just stop adding spammers and all that stuff to a notepad... it's useless, maybe macros.. but not spammers)
i know how to do the things above besides on vb im currently porting basic C++ language for PSPdev (IN_OUTPUT ONLY-dos like) on vb already have completed the source for C# i post it now. i did change like the hotkeys and deleted 2 options since its useless for this C#.

also i learend vb and C++ before i started with C# i already made some basic outclickers/skype talker/tapper with vb and C# so i ish a-o-k.
Ok, I'll do a favour for ya'll. I will code with my eyes close !
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Ok, I'll do a favour for ya'll. I will code with my eyes close !
make a console notepad.. => (lulz)
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
make a console notepad.. => (lulz)
Even easier ! But consoles are for gays like Bill gates lulz
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


Even easier ! But consoles are for gays like Bill gates lulz
you wish => console is r0x :\
Hm.
I'm counting on nextgen TO recreate MS Word =P
Quote Originally Posted by Invidus View Post
Hm.
I'm counting on nextgen TO recreate MS Word =P
Uhumm...over estimated much ?
Hmmmmm, Rules say no MS word Recreations I will abide by those rules, and simply find a way to innovate "notepad" as much as possible.
mine looks quite smiliar to WordPad, im currently bussy on the lettertyp box, though it only has 3 of the basic ones... and save/open functions arent added yet. though form has restricted sizes, auto resizable textbox, and added main stuff as, delete copy paste but yeah sendkeys ftw idd say. god it really is a long time ago that i coded in VB like almost 1.5 years... started again last week. ^^

this is how it currently looks like: ehm one thing to much msword xp or not, i think it looks more like notepad but who's me to blamefor .

Remember the rules, If you are to compete, no one can see your project before hand (unless you are not competing)

Anonymity is important in this case, because some people vote for the fan favorite or against depending on their moral standing. I may just release mine, I am pretty close to finishing it.
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Remember the rules, If you are to compete, no one can see your project before hand (unless you are not competing)

Anonymity is important in this case, because some people vote for the fan favorite or against depending on their moral standing. I may just release mine, I am pretty close to finishing it.
yeah ok i just added it because of the word rule... / cauze i might be able to pull that trick
hey they said MS Word, what abbout office style ^^, its possible though hardcore gui very vast too.
You don't need hardcore programming, dotnetbar is allowed, I'm just choosing not to use ribbon control, I will use some dotnetbar components to add a little style, but pretty much the extent of it.
Posts 16–30 of 164 · Page 2 of 11
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?