[UNTESTED] Wireless Router unban tutorial (expansion)

Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
[UNTESTED] Wireless Router unban tutorial (expansion)
This is 100% untested as I do not have the resources, but if someone would like to test this for me, I'd be extremely grateful.

Based on this, it gave me an idea. I saw once on an alterIWnet ban appeal thread that alterIWnet's XUID's are generated from your network card. Here's what I would do.

  1. Buy a Wireless Network card from eBay or a computer shop. (they're only $15 AU here)
  2. Change your IP.
  3. Implement your Wireless Network card into a PCI (or other depending on wireless network card) slot.
  4. Turn your computer on.
  5. Install drivers for your Wireless Network Card (if it came with a disc, use it)
  6. ?????
  7. Profit!


As I said at the beginning of this thread, this is 100% UNTESTED AND UNCONFIRMED! I need someone to test this method, so if someone can do that, I'll be highly grateful.

Credits to:
  • cha0t1c


Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I'm getting a Wireless Network Card tomorrow so we'll see if it works.
thanks for posting
you can just change your mac address using several software

I disbanned myself that way..
Quote Originally Posted by wafflele View Post
you can just change your mac address using several software

I disbanned myself that way..
That doesn't work anymore. They fixed it to ignore the display xuid and read the real one...
or u cn make a new USER i got banned 3-4 times and it still workS !!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me mn i did it yestaday(log in it and play)
Quote Originally Posted by yaskie View Post
or u cn make a new USER i got banned 3-4 times and it still workS !!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me mn i did it yestaday(log in it and play)
umm wat do u mean by user?
Quote Originally Posted by yaskie View Post
or u cn make a new USER i got banned 3-4 times and it still workS !!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me mn i did it yestaday(log in it and play)
On XP this indeed works due to a bug -- don't worry, a mandatory update will fix it not-too-soon so you'll need to use another method to unban yourself.
Quote Originally Posted by NTAuthority View Post
On XP this indeed works
Thanks for the info...
Everyone banned with XP, USE THIS!

Lol, I don't really care, I am not banned.


Oh btw, didnt you RQ a long time ago?
This tutorial is made for people like me, who can't change their XUID, but if you do you get the iw_22.iwd error. I'm getting my Wireless Card in a few hours, so I'll test it. If it doesn't work, I'll tell one of the mods to delete this thread.
yeah but if you're caught, you're out $10 again. only its better than steam ($10 < $50)
The only way to get unbanned now is to buy a new LAN card.
You're a complete retard, and that isn't how networking works at ALL.
At most you would change the MAC that the router is seeing if it's directly talking to your card and it would change the internal IP. AKA: you can do the same thing by restarting your router.

Long story short, you should probably get yourself checked - you most likely have downsyndrome.

PS: If it's even possible for them to have your devices MAC, you can easily change it, or spoof it.
Quote Originally Posted by evilalex View Post
You're a complete retard, and that isn't how networking works at ALL.
At most you would change the MAC that the router is seeing if it's directly talking to your card and it would change the internal IP. AKA: you can do the same thing by restarting your router.

Long story short, you should probably get yourself checked - you most likely have downsyndrome.

PS: If it's even possible for them to have your devices MAC, you can easily change it, or spoof it.
maybe you're the one with the extra chromosome

aiw bans by xuid, which is generated by the local MAC address.
Quote Originally Posted by evilalex View Post
You're a complete retard, and that isn't how networking works at ALL.
At most you would change the MAC that the router is seeing if it's directly talking to your card and it would change the internal IP. AKA: you can do the same thing by restarting your router.

Long story short, you should probably get yourself checked - you most likely have downsyndrome.

PS: If it's even possible for them to have your devices MAC, you can easily change it, or spoof it.
You obviously don't know shit what you're talking about.
Cut the flame, now, or ban.
Don't argue, just accept it...
Quote Originally Posted by evilalex View Post
You're a complete retard, and that isn't how networking works at ALL.
At most you would change the MAC that the router is seeing if it's directly talking to your card and it would change the internal IP. AKA: you can do the same thing by restarting your router.

Long story short, you should probably get yourself checked - you most likely have downsyndrome.

PS: If it's even possible for them to have your devices MAC, you can easily change it, or spoof it.
>easily change it, or spoof it.

You're an idiot, because on most computer these days if you were to change your MAC address, you'll get the iw_22.iwd error. The way to fix that is to re-install your network card's drivers and if you do that your XUID changes to the original.

EDIT: I opened up my computer and I have no free PCI slots. So I'm going back tomorrow and getting a refund and getting a USB Wireless Adapter. Hopefully that will work. If it does I'll update my tutorial.
Posts 1–15 of 44 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us