Excutable and Linkable Format

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
biggest /fp i had in a while.
I don't understand. What do you mean??? /
Quote Originally Posted by SeptFicelle View Post
I don't understand. What do you mean??? /
Biggest facepalm i had in a while.

ELF is a common linux executable file format. Why do you need to know about it?
gcc/g++ will produce ELF's from C/C++ programs. nasm will for assembly programs.
Quote Originally Posted by -Raz0r- View Post
ELF is a common linux executable file format. Why do you need to know about it?
gcc/g++ will produce ELF's from C/C++ programs. nasm will for assembly programs.
Well, my PSP and PS2 both use ELF files. I know a few people who compile them frequently but they are not willing to teach because they are the only three with the ability to actually produce it for these consoles at the present time. I basically want to write my own elf file that will contain a list of my codes and hacks made for PS2 or PSP depending on witch I decide to do and will work like a standard code list with push button activations.

Also, there is another project I want to work on with no menu that will automatically start the game in the disc tray when selected and then will in turn activate my codes/hacks. So any help and links I can get will be helpful. I know about them being usefull on Linux and other Unix based operating systems such as cell phones, game consoles, and custom builds. I need to know what languages they use (I'm sure you stated GCC and G++.) and what programs can be used to compile them, as well as if not specifically built for compiling ELF files then how to set it up for that.
Quote Originally Posted by SeptFicelle View Post
Well, my PSP and PS2 both use ELF files. I know a few people who compile them frequently but they are not willing to teach because they are the only three with the ability to actually produce it for these consoles at the present time. I basically want to write my own elf file that will contain a list of my codes and hacks made for PS2 or PSP depending on witch I decide to do and will work like a standard code list with push button activations.

Also, there is another project I want to work on with no menu that will automatically start the game in the disc tray when selected and then will in turn activate my codes/hacks. So any help and links I can get will be helpful. I know about them being usefull on Linux and other Unix based operating systems such as cell phones, game consoles, and custom builds. I need to know what languages they use (I'm sure you stated GCC and G++.) and what programs can be used to compile them, as well as if not specifically built for compiling ELF files then how to set it up for that.
Hacks when you don't know how to declare strings
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Hacks when you don't know how to declare strings
Things would be better if he/she would have go get a book and started by the basics like we all said.
1: I know how to declare. It's simple, if you people would have read what I said then you would know I was trying to confirm my knowledge on them so I'm not making any mistakes.

2: I know the basics, it's not a problem I can write a program with ease. It's the more complex things that are hard to me.

3: I'm going to college for this in January so I'm getting books on it then. I can't afford it without grants. Not with the bills I have.

4: I'm very good at hacks for the Playstation consoles. I'm one of the top coders on that scene. It uses the MIPS Assembly language not C or anything like that. We can make code in C++ and set it up to work with it. It's not hard to write a simple sub-routine to bump anything out of proportion.

I'm not a complete nub. I know what I'm doing, and half the time don't need help. Just specific things I like to ask and make sure with more experienced users.
Quote Originally Posted by SeptFicelle View Post
1: I know how to declare. It's simple, if you people would have read what I said then you would know I was trying to confirm my knowledge on them so I'm not making any mistakes.

2: I know the basics, it's not a problem I can write a program with ease. It's the more complex things that are hard to me.

3: I'm going to college for this in January so I'm getting books on it then. I can't afford it without grants. Not with the bills I have.

4: I'm very good at hacks for the Playstation consoles. I'm one of the top coders on that scene. It uses the MIPS Assembly language not C or anything like that. We can make code in C++ and set it up to work with it. It's not hard to write a simple sub-routine to bump anything out of proportion.

I'm not a complete nub. I know what I'm doing, and half the time don't need help. Just specific things I like to ask and make sure with more experienced users.
Top coders on that scene? Any examples of your super-leet ness?
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Top coders on that scene? Any examples of your super-leet ness?
Yeah, it's all in MIPS.

Code:
addiu sp, sp, $fff0
sd ra, $0000(sp)
jal $00268230
daddu a1, zero, zero
ld ra, $0000(sp)
addiu v0, zero, $0000
jr ra
addiu sp, sp, $0010
Code:
lui t0, $000c
lw t7, $1200(t0)
lw t8, $1204(t0)
lwc1 $f1, $0000(t7)
swc1 $f1, $0000(t8)
lwc1 $f1, $0004(t7)
swc1 $f1, $0004(t8)
lwc1 $f1, $0008(t7)
swc1 $f1, $0008(t8)
jr ra
mov.s $f20, $f12
Code:
lui t0, $000c
sw t7, $1200(t0)
sw t8, $1204(t0)
sw t9, $1208(t0)
jr ra
nop

Don't think it's real code? Go hit up google for a tutorial on MIPS Assembly and learn some algorithm. Then hit me up with some Hex values and correct MIPS equivilants.

I'm not giving all my codes out that would be kind of retarted. I've several memory trainers, and also have made a live debug code for ps2. All of it runs in hex format off of a raw hex device.
Kallisti ; Your reaction is Stupid.

@OP ; Err, Witch book are you reading if I can ask ?.
Download GCC

Command line for creating elf object file:
Code:
gcc -elf -c FileName.cpp
-elf is super obvious >_>
-c is to compile without linking.
Maybe I'm wrong aswell, but I think your question is rather stupid, let me quote something form wikipedia:

Filename/extension none, .o, .so, .elf, .exe
Developed by Unix System Laboratories
Type of format Binary, executable, object, shared libraries, core dump
See what I mean?
So to make a long story short, the thing you're looking for is right under your nose
And you go ahead and hit up google to learn how to declare in C++ not idiotically.
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us