Problem whit converting a wapen texture...

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Problem whit converting a wapen texture...
When i convert a wapen texture to DDS its changes the mb of the file alot to low and not the normal how big the file normal is like: 1.25 mb converted to DSS it gets 1.00 mb WHY!!!
Because you are not saving it right. Depending on the file you are trying to edit, is how you will need to save it.
It's a normal skin but when i convert it using the converter its changing how big the file is VERY WEIRD!!!
Because your not saving it right. If its a normal gun skins, then chances are you have to save it as D.X.T.5 with generated MIPMaps.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
Because your not saving it right. If its a normal gun skins, then chances are you have to save it as D.X.T.5 with generated MIPMaps.
some gun skins have alpha channels.
Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
some gun skins have alpha channels.
I said that But some guns (mainly secondaries) have no alpha channel either. Just take a look before saving.
But i mean when i convert the normal texture where i did not do anything whit. Not when i edited it:/
I dont know what your trying to say. When you convert from iwi to dds it changes sizes?
YES!!! you know what the problem is o_O
afaik there would be no problem there. I have had plenty of them switch sizes after converting from iwi, but after you save the DDS, and convert it back to iwi, it should match the original. They usually will match back up right after you save the DDS, so long as you saved it right.
Never did that to me.
Off Topic: Thank you so much derpderp!! I released My first camo pack
Quote Originally Posted by FUKO View Post
Never did that to me.
Off Topic: Thank you so much derpderp!! I released My first camo pack
Your welcome? o_O

But yeah, idk which guns they are, or if its just how you converted them, but so long as after they are converted back to iwi they are the same, you should be good.
Ahhaha i made a big fail:$ Thanks^^
Errrm, Its doing it to me now.
I can edit the Camo just fine, but when I try and change the menu camo, the file is bigger then its supposed to be.
So I put it in IW_07 anyways, and on the screen, it shows it, but its al blurry and horrible looking.
Plz help
Save as D.X.T.5 with NO MIPmaps.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us