DPrint -A wrapper for DirectX-

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
DPrint -A wrapper for DirectX-
This for you guys. I've been working a couple months on a way to help making using DirectX Easier for nubs and pros and I think this is the solution.
Please try it out, you use it the same as any other library. Try it out if you don't like it you can get you money back!

DPrint -A wrapper for DirectX-

I still have a lot of documenting to do left on the functions, but will get to it soon, probably in a later update. Speaking of updates did I mention its going to be open source? Im releasing the code publicly in a few days, I hope all will join in to help creates MPGH's own little D3D helper function library as well.

This is only version one I have a lot of stuff I want to add to it, but I figured the library has reached the point where its beneficial so I decided to release it now, but I'm planning to add more typefaces, and even allow the addition of custom typefaces. So let me know what you think.

PS: No its not a Menu, but it greatly improves the speed of creating menus, as far as Menus go I have a Project for that in the works too, but that will be released some time later. DPrint was actually formed as a side project of of DMenu, so it should go without saying as DMenu continues to grow so will DPrint. Hopefully by the time of DMenu's release, I can add a lot more functionality to DPrint now that structure's foundation has been laid.
good work but its been made before,
-there are a bunch of classes on the net for that
-you can use GDI text and you can change all the fonts/colors/attributes in 2 functioncals
-if your worried about not being able to hook reset, well you can always call TestCooperativeLevel() and see the return, if onrest do reset stuff, since im using an engine hook for CF now but still using the device interface, thats what im doing and its working fine :P

sry for being critical
No I believe your correct, but there are many functions, I don't beleive other wrappers have in this code, such as the Println functions which will automatically Print on the next line down, TickerText which scrolls text, Functions to calculate sizes of text, and a automatic filtering thread which run in the background and filters out unused fonts.

I do wish more people would download it and at-least look it over. However I suppose it still is rather limited. Mind linking me to some of those font classes, I'd like to see how they work. :/
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
No I believe your correct, but there are many functions, I don't beleive other wrappers have in this code, such as the Println functions which will automatically Print on the next line down, TickerText which scrolls text, Functions to calculate sizes of text, and a automatic filtering thread which run in the background and filters out unused fonts.

I do wish more people would download it and at-least look it over. However I suppose it still is rather limited. Mind linking me to some of those font classes, I'd like to see how they work. :/

here is 1 that came with 1 of the books that i read when i first started learning the Directx sdk other stuff ur talking about shouldnt be hard to do but im always happy to see a function for it ready for me to use so i dont have to reinvent the wheel everytime i want to do somthing

here is the microsoft Cd3dfont class and some other class thats preaty usefull
cGameText.cpp File Reference
d3dfont.h
d3dfont.cpp


to look at /
ProjectMayhem
LOL. That's pretty neat, idk how you found it, but Im definitely bookmarking that page. Pesronally I think the class is a bit large for what I'm doing, but it definitely offers a lot. Thanks for the share.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us