Very Basic Vindictus Modding

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Very Basic Vindictus Modding
I found this while looking through with some of the files in Vindictus, I know most of the good hackers have already found this a long time ago, and I know there isn't much point to this but it makes the game seem a little better.

(For this tutorial I will change the music that plays when you enter the town.)

1: Goto C:/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us/sound/bgm/
2: Find bgm_colhen_01.mp3 and move it to a safe place so you can change it back later.
3: Take the song you want to play and put it in the directory.
4: Change the name of that song to bgm_colhen_01.mp3.
5: Run Vindictus and your song will play in the town.

You can also change other sounds, but those should be pretty self explanatory to change.
Quote Originally Posted by The Modder View Post
I found this while looking through with some of the files in Vindictus, I know most of the good hackers have already found this a long time ago, and I know there isn't much point to this but it makes the game seem a little better.

(For this tutorial I will change the music that plays when you enter the town.)

1: Goto C:/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us/sound/bgm/
2: Find bgm_colhen_01.mp3 and move it to a safe place so you can change it back later.
3: Take the song you want to play and put it in the directory.
4: Change the name of that song to bgm_colhen_01.mp3.
5: Run Vindictus and your song will play in the town.

You can also change other sounds, but those should be pretty self explanatory to change.
this isn't new i think as you can do this to any mp3 file for any game.
Quote Originally Posted by dwrowla View Post
this isn't new i think as you can do this to any mp3 file for any game.
I know this isn't new. I'm just posting it so some noobs don't have to miss out on all the fun.
It should be noted that the mp3 shouldn't be too large, otherwise the game will lag hard.
Quote Originally Posted by The Modder View Post
I found this while looking through with some of the files in Vindictus, I know most of the good hackers have already found this a long time ago, and I know there isn't much point to this but it makes the game seem a little better.

(For this tutorial I will change the music that plays when you enter the town.)

1: Goto C:/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us/sound/bgm/
2: Find bgm_colhen_01.mp3 and move it to a safe place so you can change it back later.
3: Take the song you want to play and put it in the directory.
4: Change the name of that song to bgm_colhen_01.mp3.
5: Run Vindictus and your song will play in the town.

You can also change other sounds, but those should be pretty self explanatory to change.
Found something else, if you want to change ambient music you have to change the new songs file extension to .wav for it to work.

If you don't know how to do that I recommend using Format Factory.
thats a great tutorial thanks
Quote Originally Posted by The Modder View Post
I found this while looking through with some of the files in Vindictus, I know most of the good hackers have already found this a long time ago, and I know there isn't much point to this but it makes the game seem a little better.

(For this tutorial I will change the music that plays when you enter the town.)

1: Goto C:/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us/sound/bgm/
2: Find bgm_colhen_01.mp3 and move it to a safe place so you can change it back later.
3: Take the song you want to play and put it in the directory.
4: Change the name of that song to bgm_colhen_01.mp3.
5: Run Vindictus and your song will play in the town.

You can also change other sounds, but those should be pretty self explanatory to change.
haha im your first thanks...

bgm = back ground music

Colhen = area

01 = song

... now i haven't tested this in this game yet but i would guess it will proably work...

if your like me and don't want to hear the same song every time you go into town.

put a few songs into the folder and name them like so...

bgm_colhen_01.mp3

bgm_colhen_02.mp3

bgm_colhen_03.mp3

... so on and so forth... now in some the games that i have played,basic i.e. oblivion... this will cycle each time you leave and re-enter town.

it is only an assumption that this is working in vindictus... let me know if any of you get around to testing it. might create a play list
Quote Originally Posted by The Modder View Post
I found this while looking through with some of the files in Vindictus, I know most of the good hackers have already found this a long time ago, and I know there isn't much point to this but it makes the game seem a little better.

(For this tutorial I will change the music that plays when you enter the town.)

1: Goto C:/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us/sound/bgm/
2: Find bgm_colhen_01.mp3 and move it to a safe place so you can change it back later.
3: Take the song you want to play and put it in the directory.
4: Change the name of that song to bgm_colhen_01.mp3.
5: Run Vindictus and your song will play in the town.

You can also change other sounds, but those should be pretty self explanatory to change.
I tried this and copied/pasted the file name and I just got no sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
Quote Originally Posted by m202 View Post
I tried this and copied/pasted the file name and I just got no sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
are you retarded son? if you had gay porn on your computer and you changed the name of it to "TWO HOT JAILBAIT TEENS MAKING OUT AND FUCKING THEMSELVES RAW" do you think youd actually get that?

no. you need the actual file.
Quote Originally Posted by m202 View Post
I tried this and copied/pasted the file name and I just got no sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
Any file you put into the bgm directory must be a .mp3 file and any file going into the ambient directory must be a .wma file. Hope this works.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us