Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    This the full Review to the game i couldnt edit my quick Review cause idk why But uh i took awhile Typing this up and i thought i would make it look nice but its long so Read what you can

Intro:

The sequel to the amazing game Dead Space is back, and it has come back with a punch. It's been two years since Isaac's horrifying trip through the USG Ishimura, and even though he was able to dismember the physical demons, the demons in his mind are still haunting him. It's three years later now, and Isaac is back, and ready to kick some necromorph ass.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Now this is split up in sections so its better organized:

Story 10/10
    If you enjoyed the twists of games like the original Dead Space, and Bioshock, you're going to love the way that this game messes with your mind. The story is absolutely incredible, and full of amazing moments, from things like head-butting a necromorph to *spoiler*ing the giant *spoiler* with the *spoiler*. I couldn't put this game down because I was always thinking "once I found out what happens to this person, I'll save and stop." but there was always something else to suck me back into it.

Isaac came into contact with the marker in the first game and is suffering from a unique form of dementia that causes you to doubt things that you see. "Is that necromorph really there? Is that really my dead girlfriend?" It's all up to you to decide which adds a whole new level to gameplay. You wake up and start the game in a straightjacket, which should say a lot about your mental state in the game, and you've got somebody helping you try to escape the sprawl, and all the while fighting both physical and mental demons, both of who for the most part want to kill you. It's a dark twisting slide down the rabbit hole the entire way, and I couldn't have asked for more.

Graphics/Sound 10/10
    Dismembering the necromorphs in first game was enough fun, but combine that with the graphics engine of 2011, and you've got two words that will very rarely appear next to each other: pretty dismemberment. lol. Everything you do feels so much more satisfying when you're able to see individual drops of blood from the last enemy you killed. It's incredible.

And even the time when you're not killing necromorphs is stunning. Visceral Games really turned up the horror at every level, and the graphics are no exception. Flickering lights, that are quite prone to suddenly dying on you are incredibly common... yet they never get old. Seeing objects seemingly rolling of their own accord around a corner always leads you to wonder what's gonna be around that corner, only for the necromorphs to sneak around behind you, and the noises... everything you hear could be another necromorph around the corner wanting to rip you in two. Even simple noises, like alarm clocks going off scared the crap out of me when it's dead quiet. The game did such a good job setting the mood of the game that even a toilet flushing made me jump at one point.

In between the battles, boring gray corridors of the USG Ishimura are no longer the standard. Staring out into the deep expanse of space with a backdrop of Saturn was truly spectacular. Shop displays full of clothing items, and the next big thing in the Sprawl looking normal from afar, then coming in close, and seeing them covered in blood had goosebumps going up my spine. This game has twisted beauty, but it is beauty nonetheless.

Gameplay 10/10
    Everything from the first game is back, and done better than ever. Killing necromorphs is just as fun, if not even more fun do not only to the graphics being updated, but now dismembering serves more of a purpose than just killing a necromorph, but I'll get to that in a second. Stasis is back, and it's uses both in battles and puzzles are endless, and now it regenerates on it's own similar to Dead Space Extraction, but the real place where I saw improvement was the kinesis ability. In Dead Space, all I ever really used kinesis for was puzzles, and getting far away crap I didn't want to bother walking to get. In this game, as you sever for a example a slasher's arm, you can then pick it up using kinesis, and skewer the thing with it's own arm, impaling it on a wall (which is also and achievement). It never got old for me, and it's an incredibly useful ability because it conserves ammo, and ammo is equivalent to life in this game, more so than in your average third person shooter.

Some of the enemies of old make a comeback, like the above mentioned slasher , the brute, lurker, leapers, etc. There are also a plethora of new enemies Isaac must now deal with too, like "the pack", a group of infected infants who are basically cannon fodder by themselves, but the thing is they swarm Isaac... like a pack, and while individually they are weak, a large group of them can quickly pose a threat to you. There is the puker, who's name pretty much gives away what it does. It either pukes a ball at you that slows down you're movement, or projectile vomits spew at at you from close range to damage you, and then there is the freakiest (in my opinion) of the new necromorphs, the stalker. They travel in small packs, and take cover so that you can't kill them easily, then rush at you with the speed of of a rampaging slasher. They are terrifying!

Every weapon from the first game is back (I think) including the never leave home without it gun: the plasma cutter, but this time there are special abilities for some weapons, like the plasma gun can now set enemies on fire when fully leveled up. There are also plenty of new weapons like the javelin gun (my favorite) which can impale enemies to walls, and electrocute them just to be sure they're dead, and the seeker rifle which is essentially a sniper rifle just to name two.

Zero-G has had a huge revamp, and is no longer jumping from spot to spot. Now, you are able to fly around using jets from your boots which really makes the zero-G areas a lot more fun in my opinion, and opens up all kinds of new puzzles, and fighting styles (many of which are utilized). Floating in zero-G is just a ridiculous amount of fun because of the freedom it offers. In Dead Space 1, I couldn't wait for those spots to be over, in Dead Space 2 I don't want them to end.

There is still the new game + option, but this time, an interesting idea has been added that I haven't seen in any other game, the ability to bring stuff into a higher difficulty was greatly appreciated. For example, you can start out on easy, max out all of your guns, then progress to Zealot (very hard) and keep all of your equipment from the easy play-through. It's there if you want to use it, or you could always just start from square one if you wanna be a hard@ss.

Multiplayer: 8/10
    I enjoyed the multiplayer, but there was more that could have been done with it. Basically, you are either the humans who are attempting to accomplish a set objective, or you are the necromorphs who are attempting to stop them. It feels similar to Invasion from Halo Reach if you've played it. You start out with a base load out, and as you progress farther, better and better load outs become available. It's fun to play every once in a while, especially with a friend, but I recommend buying the game more for it's single player than multi-player.

Pros:
    Amazing story full of twists
    Stunning Graphics
    Improvement over Dead Space 1 in every way
    New Enemies and weapons
    Scary as hell

Cons
    Slightly lacking multiplayer
    Isaac is an idiot (a bad@ss, but still an idiot) who always takes the riskiest jobs possible.I mean really who would do this kind of thing i would be sitting in a corner with a gun shootin anything that walked in.

Thanks for Reading guys leave comments and maybe ill make more Reviews :P

try to keep flaming to a MIN

this will get Checked like everyone hour or so...for question so be patient if you have questions

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Wow nice and accurate review.

Thanks
    Thank you...Glad you though it was good..took like 2hours to type then a hour to fix all the grammar O.o

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    you wrote this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Too long to read
    Copied and pasted?

A Video Review works better for me

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    I agree with it being a little long. Even though its a full review. A good review would hit all those points, but condense them down.

Either way, I agree with most of it. I just think the story fell short of the last game, considering the potential it had.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Long review, I prefer video reviews though.

Thanks
    Yes i wish the game had a new story....not like dead space 1....but seeing how i didnt beat dead space 1 cause i got bored of it...i dont know really

And no i wrote this whole thing this morning way earlier but i was gone to put it on here,i wrote it in Microsoft Word

And Sorry for it being long i really didnt think it to be so long i type a little faster then i think but i hope it was good
    Last edited by koolguyy; 02-08-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguyy View Post
    Yes i wish the game had a new story....not like dead space 1....but seeing how i didnt beat dead space 1 cause i got bored of it...i dont know really

And no i wrote this whole thing this morning way earlier but i was gone to put it on here,i wrote it in Microsoft Word

And Sorry for it being long i really didnt think it to be so long i type a little faster then i think but i hope it was good
    The ending of last game is kinda a big part of this game Without knowing what happened this game really has no point.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    i saw a video of what happened at the end i just didnt play it....plus im on like chapter 8right now on dead space2 i only get to play like2hours a day on the xbox...for it sooo yeah kinda slow

omg my post are fucking up..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguyy View Post
    i saw a video of what happened at the end i just didnt play it....plus im on like chapter 8right now on dead space2 i only get to play like2hours a day on the xbox...for it sooo yeah kinda slow

omg my post are fucking up..
    You havnt even beaten the game and your writing a full review?
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Lmao soooo the Review is Still good though D: right? plus ive seen my friend play almost all of the game....like i havnt seen last 2chapters and i plan on doing them bymyself....but anyways i thought i did a good job

Thanks
    Its a decent review, just a little long, and it seemed kinda opinionated. Just the way you talked kinda made it sound like you were doing nothing but praising the game. imo a review should not be scared to point out flaws and shortcomings of a game, but also properly praise the good sides.

It also helps if you actually beat the game too. I cant really take reviews seriously, especially when it comes to story, from people who havnt beaten the whole game, at the very least once. Im on my third play through of the game now and Im still picking up subtle little things here and there.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    o.o i got the game 2days ago holy shit and i didnt point out alot of things cause in my thoughts i thought the game is really good theres is things i didnt Point out but i didnt want the game to sound like shit

Lmao when i type something serious i dont sound like anything how i would talk now..if you know what i mean...but uh its not perfect but i dont see it being horrible,it is long but i like i also said i type a little more than i think and it took me long to type i didnt want to go back in and retype the whole thing and make it shorter :l

EDIT: well i think ima go play some dead space 2,just got a sudden feel to play it and i will check back in sometimes to see if any question
    Last edited by koolguyy; 02-08-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    um is there a TL;DR version?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast