Opening Another Program

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Opening Another Program
Well, before you even start typing a reply saying use "system()" or "CreateProcess()" listen.

I am doing this for my robot in the science fair. I am designing two programs one will be my MAIN program which will control all the aspects of my robot like starting the voice and other things like that. It will be a Console Application. My second is going to be Windows Forms, but I want to be able to open it from my MAIN program.

The issue that I have is that when I use system() or CreateProcess() they cause my MAIN program to stop and wait for my second one to finish. Is there anyway I can open my secondary program while my MAIN keeps cycling through the commands?
Windows forms is .NET
Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
Windows forms is .NET
Virtual Void, are you fucking kidding me Patrick. o_O
I keed not.
Oh my fucking god you stole my avatar. GTFO!
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Oh my fucking god you stole my avatar. GTFO!
Actually he flipped it upside down

Try creating another thread and then in one thread open the other process.
Quote Originally Posted by fukojr2 View Post


Actually he flipped it upside down

Try creating another thread and then in one thread open the other process.
Bingo!

Create a seperate thread using CreateThread and have CreateProcess called in that thread.
I'm your alter ego if you will
LMAO. Hahahaha! oh lol
Thanks for the help.
I cant believe alter egos are fighting lol.

Sorry for the double post, but would I use CreateProcess to open a picture?
What is the command to close something as well?

I know C++ but not too much, from 1-10 im probably a 3.

This is all for my robot.

I basically want to Display a Splash Screen like what pinball does and then close it.
You use CreateProcess to open whatever picture viewer you're using to view the picture, so yes.

Closing processes: TerminateProcess()
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
You use CreateProcess to open whatever picture viewer you're using to view the picture, so yes.

Closing processes: TerminateProcess()
Thanks for the terminate process.

What I mean by opening the picture is that it will open full screen without any program, like the Pinball game. It opens and you cant close it until the program closes it.
Well, lets say its a BMP formatted picture.

Look up the structure of BMP and use SetPixel/GDI functions to draw over your screen. Or I'm pretty sure you can find an already coded function to draw a picture to your screen.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Well, lets say its a BMP formatted picture.

Look up the structure of BMP and use SetPixel/GDI functions to draw over your screen. Or I'm pretty sure you can find an already coded function to draw a picture to your screen.
Lol he gonna hack you David and draw a huge picture of a penis all over your screen. Just saying
Quote Originally Posted by fukojr2 View Post


Lol he gonna hack you David and draw a huge picture of a penis all over your screen. Just saying
I can't wait for that, I've been waiting for some new wallpaper.
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us