Hex Edit Vs Model Edit!

PollHex Edit Vs Model Edit
Hex Edit38% · 5
Model Edit62% · 8
13 votes · poll closed
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
Hex Edit Vs Model Edit!
^ All in the Title.. /Discuss

I Myself Model Edit
[B]
Quote Originally Posted by Shakugan no Shana View Post
Ever heard of search button?
That don't seem rude to you?
Model edit is better cuz you can change animations.
Model edit due to the fact you can't change Bounding Boxes via hex, and you can easily edit Translations and such via model edit whereas with hex your guessing half the time
there is no difference, just different tools.
Model edit. More control
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Model edit due to the fact you can't change Bounding Boxes via hex, and you can easily edit Translations and such via model edit whereas with hex your guessing half the time
Quote Originally Posted by BenXer View Post
there is no difference, just different tools.
Quote Originally Posted by flameswor10 View Post
Model edit. More control
Wrong. You can do way more with hex than you can with ModelEdit.

With hex editing you can can edit and create any part of the model (verts, uvs, faces, indexes, ... ) or animation (new animations, bones, transforms, ... ) you want. Editing in hex allows for things like actually changing the scale of the model, or changing an animation around to do something else. But you need to know how to read and write hex in terms of datatypes not just know that '0x0A' = 10(dec).

That said, if you can do it with ModelEdit it will likely be way easier and faster than hex editing, (though RegEx can be pretty quick as well).
Quote Originally Posted by Drigien View Post
Wrong. You can do way more with hex than you can with ModelEdit.

With hex editing you can can edit and create any part of the model (verts, uvs, faces, indexes, ... ) or animation (new animations, bones, transforms, ... ) you want. Editing in hex allows for things like actually changing the scale of the model, or changing an animation around to do something else. But you need to know how to read and write hex in terms of datatypes not just know that '0x0A' = 10(dec).

That said, if you can do it with ModelEdit it will likely be way easier and faster than hex editing, (though RegEx can be pretty quick as well).
Like u said...u need to know hex language, most of us don't thus model edit is better for some of us
Quote Originally Posted by Drigien View Post
Wrong. You can do way more with hex than you can with ModelEdit.

With hex editing you can can edit and create any part of the model (verts, uvs, faces, indexes, ... ) or animation (new animations, bones, transforms, ... ) you want. Editing in hex allows for things like actually changing the scale of the model, or changing an animation around to do something else. But you need to know how to read and write hex in terms of datatypes not just know that '0x0A' = 10(dec).

That said, if you can do it with ModelEdit it will likely be way easier and faster than hex editing, (though RegEx can be pretty quick as well).
that why i said they were different tools.
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Like u said...u need to know hex language, most of us don't thus model edit is better for some of us
You said you couldn't edit OBB's with hex when you can. I know ModelEdit is easier for most people, that is why no one (except a select few) could really do anything before my converter. I just don't want people thinking that they can't do something when it is quite possible to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by BenXer View Post

that why i said they were different tools.
You said there is no difference, but one can only do maybe 10% of what the other can. I think thats a pretty big difference.
Quote Originally Posted by Drigien View Post
You said you couldn't edit OBB's with hex when you can. I know ModelEdit is easier for most people, that is why no one (except a select few) could really do anything before my converter. I just don't want people thinking that they can't do something when it is quite possible to do so.



You said there is no difference, but one can only do maybe 10% of what the other can. I think thats a pretty big difference.
Ahh ok I get it, I mean yeah I have figured out a lot through hex, I actually did long range pickup by hex b4 model edit

And instant flag pick up I did via hex too


But bounding boxes I've never figured out how
is there a download for model edit
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us