Break Off Irukul Tusk

Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
Break Off Irukul Tusk
If people bothered to notice, the ever elusive Irukul Tusk is about 300k each on the market.

Why so expensive? Well, it's a break off, and irukul is a pain to kill.

You can however do the breakoff easily with 2 people. Yes, you need 2. >__> Otherwise you're screwed.

So, the host does these two commands before activating the whole passage crap:

mp_friendlyfire 1
player_monster_damage_base_constant -9999999

Now attack each other a few times to heal to an exorbitant amount of HP. This will prevent you from dying after one hit.

Then disable it:
mp_friendlyfire 0

But set
player_monster_damage_base_constant to about 300. NOT 999999.

Now you have two options, either do the breakoff with spears, or with smashes.

The easiest way to do the breakoff is to get someone to tank on the bottom floor, while someone else goes all the way up, and drop one of those stones on him. You'll stun him.

The person on the bottom, preferably a fiona for that spring-shield smash move, constantly hits irukul's MIDDLE PART OF HIS left tusk. NOT your left, his left.

Eventually, it should break off.

Alternatively, you can spam spears, using the refill command to keep your stock alive.

Have fun. And help drive the prices down, I'm too lazy to farm myself.
I thought it was HIS right tusk? D:

Oh god, have I been aiming wrong the whole time? That little red lasery BS behind his face seems to be the right side, that usually deems some sort of breakoff point in bosses like him.
No, it's the left one. o_o
Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
No, it's the left one. o_o
Well, that explains a lot. Apparently I've been aiming wrong this whole time.
wouldn't it just be easier to freeze irkul with a console command and then break off he's tusk while solo?
I tried that, it froze the wisps real good, didn't do much on irukul though.
Quote Originally Posted by drake112 View Post
wouldn't it just be easier to freeze irkul with a console command and then break off he's tusk while solo?
Well, the de-aggro freezy command gets a little testy with him, I've managed to get like... one hit in on him, but then he goes berserk.
No, all bosses autoaggro once you use a secondary weapon and aim it at it. :/ That's the whole problem with breakoffs.
Hey i went in with a team of 4 i even tried it by myself but he doesnt move right after the first cutscent so we cant advance any ideas on how to fix this?
You forgot your mob idle/alert delay. Change it back to 0.
You can spear either horn, but it's always his right one that breaks off. Aiming at either horn will count. I usually like to alternate horns and usually get a stumple back every 3 spears or so.
You can use ai_reaction_delay_idle 9000000 and
ai_reaction_delay_alert 9000000 during the cutscene,
right after the 1st part (the chase)

But even if he stands still, it's hard to spear his tusk cuz he always moves when you throw the spear.
The code for spears is cc_set_sub_weapon javelin_lvl2 99
But I wanna try with small bombs... do they work against him?
Quote Originally Posted by Sachiro View Post
You can use ai_reaction_delay_idle 9000000 and
ai_reaction_delay_alert 9000000 during the cutscene,
right after the 1st part (the chase)
what does each of those two commands individually do?
Quote Originally Posted by Sachiro View Post
But even if he stands still, it's hard to spear his tusk cuz he always moves when you throw the spear.
The code for spears is cc_set_sub_weapon javelin_lvl2 99
But I wanna try with small bombs... do they work against him?
You can go up and spear him there, you just have to position him at the right place.

It takes 4 spears for the break off animation and 5 break off animation to finally break it.

As candy4510 said, you can spear either horn.
Quote Originally Posted by MyVindAcc View Post
what does each of those two commands individually do?
Individually? dunno, I used to execute only the 1st code to
keep mobs stunned, but someone said you have to use both for it to work,
so I use both just in case, lol. Anyway, it keeps being activated, even when you go to town, so it's pretty useful.

oh and kulatong, I guess I'll try again, but the few times I tried to do that he never stood where i wanted, frigginfuglymammoth :X
Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?