Bukkit or Hmod

PollBukkit or Hmod
Hmod13% · 1
Bukkit88% · 7
8 votes · poll closed
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Bukkit or Hmod
I support Bukkit fully but deadskulz changed it to Hmod. I want him to change it back so I started this post. Please vote.

Reasons:
1. Future Hmod builds will be unofficial
2. Bukkit is replacing Hmod in the near future.
3. Bukkit will have better plugins than Hmod
4.
Although people have already been under the impression that we pledged to keep hMod up to date, this isn't the case. Prior to this announcement, we had not stated anywhere that we would be maintaining hMod and anyone believing otherwise was mistaken. However, we do recognise the predicament we've put server admins in as hey0 has announced that hMod is essentially no more, and Bukkit is not ready for public consumption yet.

As such, some of us - if not the entire team - will be trying to update hMod so that you guys aren't left in the dark without a server mod to use. We never intended to shut everyone out with our early announcement - we were just looking to drum up support from plugin authors so that we had things ready. We can honestly say that we did not anticipate the project blowing up with this much activity and interest this quickly, like it did.

Once again:
We will try and update hMod (at least this time), but we offer ABSOLUTELY NO promises that we'll be able to do it as a lot has changed and we are no longer as familiar with the project as we once were.

UPDATE:
We've tried fixing hMod but had little to no luck. It's way too messy to work on and too much has changed in the last few Minecraft updates.

Sorry guys, but we tried . We kept running into issues and have been at it all day. It's time we call it quits and focus on Bukkit instead.... Continue
hmod is dead and bukkit gets updated, so... Bukkit
Well I support Bukkit, but then again, it does not have good support.

By that I mean that there is not a lot of things you could do.

You have to depend on Plugins to protect your server, while on hey0 you could teleport quicker, spawnmobs to have fun, more options on the server.txt, and many more.

So hey0 now until Bukkit gets better.
Hmod because bukkit is really buggy and glitchy. For now hmod is my choice, but when the bukkit is done I will probably chose bukkit.
bro, you could of just told me to change it
and i would of..
Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post
bro, you could of just told me to change it
and i would of..
My bad but I am sick and am not thinking straight but I'm actually trying to get that npc thing working. And I'm trying to put together some plugins that will be help bukkit be more hmodish. Oh yeah I lost my spot on mpgh 24/7 because i had to reinstall hamachi so Ill join mpgh 24/7 2. Also I think I figured out how to do a server with mineshafter. I just didn't do port forwarding last time. Also in the first post I meant bukkit in the long run as in: If you had to pick between bukkit or hmod to use for the rest or your life which one would you pick?
Quote Originally Posted by ]Thomas View Post
My bad but I am sick and am not thinking straight but I'm actually trying to get that npc thing working. And I'm trying to put together some plugins that will be help bukkit be more hmodish. Oh yeah I lost my spot on mpgh 24/7 because i had to reinstall hamachi so Ill join mpgh 24/7 2. Also I think I figured out how to do a server with mineshafter. I just didn't do port forwarding last time. Also in the first post I meant bukkit in the long run as in: If you had to pick between bukkit or hmod to use for the rest or your life which one would you pick?
uhm, hmod so far, bc it has the potential of th eplugin i want made, which is a combination of like 4 plugins that are already made.
Quote Originally Posted by ]Thomas View Post
My bad but I am sick and am not thinking straight but I'm actually trying to get that npc thing working. And I'm trying to put together some plugins that will be help bukkit be more hmodish. Oh yeah I lost my spot on mpgh 24/7 because i had to reinstall hamachi so Ill join mpgh 24/7 2. Also I think I figured out how to do a server with mineshafter. I just didn't do port forwarding last time. Also in the first post I meant bukkit in the long run as in: If you had to pick between bukkit or hmod to use for the rest or your life which one would you pick?
None because in the future their is going to be an even epicer one
I like hmod a ton. I hope they keep making unofficial builds of it. I don't want to use bukkit.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?