Arrow[Help] Launcher [Solved]

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
[Help] Launcher [Solved]
Hey guys I had a quick question hoping if any of you would be able to answer. So I own a maplestory private server and, I need to make a program in Vb to launch the .EXE, without using Shell(""), pretty much find the .exe anywhere in the C:\ drive and run it? If there is no solution for that, then something like put the Launcher in the EXE folder, so they are both in the same folder then run the .EXE?

BTW I know it's nooby but I forgot and can't find solutions online, or don't know what to type to get the answer.
To my knowledge no its always
Code:
Shell("")
CreateProcess()
Thats all of it?
Use the registry to locate the maplestory exe no matter where it's hiding. Then:

[highlight=vb.net]
Process.Start("filepath")
[/highlight]
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Use the registry to locate the maplestory exe no matter where it's hiding. Then:

[highlight=vb.net]
Process.Start("filepath")
[/highlight]
This is the best and the simple way xD
Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto Machida View Post


This is the best and the simple way xD
That is not the best way since you don't know the path...
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
That is not the best way since you don't know the path...
Seeing as I said "Use the registry to find the path", I beg to differ
Code:
If My.Computer.FileSystem.DirectoryExists("Yourpath") Then
'code
else
process.start("path to .exe")
end if
Try that! if thats what your looking for?
[highlight=vb.net]Private Sub openMapleStory()
If getMapleStoryDirectory <> Nothing Then
Process.Start(getMapleStoryDirectory)
Else
MsgBox("Cannot find game path!")
End If
End Sub

Public Function getMapleStoryDirectory() As String
Dim gamePath As String = Nothing
If is64Bit() Then
gamePath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wizet\MapleStory", "ExecPath", Nothing)
Else
gamePath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Wizet\MapleStory", "ExecPath", Nothing)
End If
Return gamePath
End Function

Public Function is64Bit() As Boolean
If Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("Hardware\Descrip tion\System\CentralProcessor\0").GetValue("Identif ier").ToString.Contains("x86") Then Return False
Return True
End Function[/highlight]

Try that? Haven't got MapleStory installed atm. Returns nothing if it cannot find the game path.
ANyway in his signature he says he is Master in vb
Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto Machida View Post
ANyway in his signature he says he is Master in vb
Yeah! I forgot but problem is /solved - /close
Marked solved. No moar posting.
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us