Comcast internet speed issues

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Comcast internet speed issues
alright i just got internet from comcast. Spously 15 mb download speeds. Okay so when i watch youtube vids,they dont load quickly, i stream only 633 kb p/s on divx vids and my ping on crossfire goes from 200-5000 X__X.

3 computers r connected to the network
my router is belken model f7d2301 v1

anyreson my internets sluggish?
Call comcast, its their job to diagnose ur interwebs.
Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
Call comcast, its their job to diagnose ur interwebs.
Like dave said call to them.
I have an eternal hate for comcast.
I can't tell you how many calls I've been on with them about my 10ishmb/s connection downloading 150kb/s.
All they can ever do is send a refresh signal to your modem, which will do the trick for a while, but pretty soon you're running slow again.
The only thing I can think of is that they don't have the supporting bandwidth.
Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I have an eternal hate for comcast.
I can't tell you how many calls I've been on with them about my 10ishmb/s connection downloading 150kb/s.
All they can ever do is send a refresh signal to your modem, which will do the trick for a while, but pretty soon you're running slow again.
The only thing I can think of is that they don't have the supporting bandwidth.
Doesn't help that all the phone techs are from India and you can't understand a fucking word they say either.

No offense Dabe.
I have comcast, a 20MB/s. (We don't pay for it, Modded Modem ect.)
Well, yeah call them, Like dave said.
It could be your Router?
I use a Linksys Speed Booster, And a Motorola Cable Modem.
Good Luck!
anything i can run to see what my download speed legitly is then what they said they guaranteed
Quote Originally Posted by RottenTomato View Post
anything i can run to see what my download speed legitly is then what they said they guaranteed
Just download something. Idk what browser you use, but Chrome shows speeds as you go.
i was facing dis proplem b4 and i knew the fucking issue that my internet cable was powned and i fixed it and my internet speed got fixed
okay while i play crossfire my ping is 52, but after my brother starts downloading on this computer my ping spikes up to like 2500 =.=. this isnt normal, i belive a problem with my bandwith any suggestions on what i should do?
Quote Originally Posted by RottenTomato View Post
okay while i play crossfire my ping is 52, but after my brother starts downloading on this computer my ping spikes up to like 2500 =.=. this isnt normal, i belive a problem with my bandwith any suggestions on what i should do?
Um yes if someone else i using your internet your connection (ping) will be slower.
Maybe its your bullshit router?

Mine is like 200 bucks and works AMAZING

but i had a shitty router before, and the speed i was paying for was 20mbps but i was only getting maybe 1/4 of that cuz of my router..
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us